4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

what to eat post op liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase EmptySun 07 Dec 2014, 7:49 am

Thanks Aramat, Wendy and Lewie!

Your responses have helped me greatly and today I was able to eat some pumpkin soup.....went down a treat! 
Im feeling more confident putting fluids in! So willl definitely follow your suggestions!

Thanks - youre life savers!
Back to top Go down
aramat
aramat

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase EmptySun 07 Dec 2014, 5:41 am

Hi Nya,  I havent had my surgery yet, due to have it 14 Jan, cant wait.  But I asked my doc if it was ok to have a nutibullet (its a nutrient extractor not a blender) fruit ,or vegie, or fruit and vegie juice in liquid phase and he said it would be fine as long as it fits thru a straw.  I will just have to add a bit more water to it than I do at the moment.  It has all the fibre in it , as well as the juice. It helps with bowel problems.
I plan to use my nutibullet throughout my recovery process, cos it help get in more vitamins/minerals and fibre, than if you were to eat the vegies / fruit whole.

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase EmptySat 06 Dec 2014, 10:35 am

Hi Nya,

I'm mostly vegetarian, but do eat some seafood.

My favourite liquid phase meal was tinned Cream of Mushroom soup (strained) even though I don't usually like tinned soup, but somehow it was just right - savoury and a good texture.  My mum used to make up 1/4 of a can at a time with a little skim milk (as per the ratio on the tin) - I was so lucky to have my mumby looking after me :P

We bought about 8 different other varieties of soup and all were big fat fails because I hated the "tinned" taste they had. LOL

Personally, I think pumpkin soup would have been difficult for me, but that might be because we make our own and it is quite thick.  Maybe if yours is too, you could add a little extra stock to thin it down.

I made up the cauliflower and camembert soup recipe from here too, but suspect it might be a bit nicer with the chicken stock rather than vege stock I used. It was ok and I did eat some, but found it quite a strong flavour and didn't always feel like it.

Hope you find something you like,
Back to top Go down
Lewie2979
Lewie2979

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase EmptySat 06 Dec 2014, 6:17 am

Hi Nya,

I think you will be fine with the pumpkin soup maybe just strain it through a sieve to completely god rid of the lumps, I also found chobani yoghurt (in the pouches) was thin enough to get through as well I made the cauliflower and Camembert soup and had that as well just blitz it as hard as u can 
I know the liquid phase sucks I was lucky enough to go to purée about 9 days post op (completely with dr's approval)
Back to top Go down
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase EmptySat 06 Dec 2014, 6:06 am

Hi everyone

I was sleeved on Monday. And thus far have had cordial. Water. Protein shakes.
im feeling like I need a 'meal'.....
Im a vegetarian so dont eat chicken or beef broth.

I have some pumkpin soup I made in advance...its thin enough to pass through a straw.

I'm craving for something to eat.

Do youthink the pumpkin soup would  be ok?

Any other ideas?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to eat post op liquid phase   what to eat post op liquid phase Empty

Back to top Go down

what to eat post op liquid phase
Page 1 of 1