4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase EmptyMon 08 Dec 2014, 7:30 am

Hi.
I was sleeved on 1st Dec. And have just found my liquid mojo.
im having an opti with extra protein and lots of ice.
An applejuice
a diet cordial
and either a pumpkin soup or cauli and camembert soup each day.
Adding the savory soup haa saved me going insane!
The cauli soup ia a revelation...I think ill be making this gor life....going to try it with broccoli next time. 

Good luck x
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase EmptyMon 08 Dec 2014, 7:01 am

Hiya Eziddie!

These transitional stages were the absolute worst part for me. But keep looking ahead, and you will get through it. 

Icy Poles, Frosty Fruits and Calippos were an absolute godsend for me during the liquid stage, they made me feel like I was chewing on proper food, instead of flavoured water. Soups are awesome too, I think the #1 soup for everyone here is Cauliflower and Camembert. You should be able to find the recipe using the search feature. 

I thought I'd be a smartypants and stock up on Up N Go. Ended up being a bad idea, apart from the times I needed a laxative that took 5 minutes to work.
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: soup is good   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase EmptyMon 08 Dec 2014, 6:12 am

Hi there - it can be tough at first but everything passes - the bad taste in your mouth included.  Soup is good - particularly home made and I loved and still love ice blocks - lemonade icy poles and frosty fruits, they are soothing for the tummy and help the liquid intake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase EmptyMon 08 Dec 2014, 3:19 am

this is a tough time, and the taste is horrible but it will go eventually hopefully fairly soon. I relied on warmer drinks they seemed easier to get down. It depends on your tastes but I had a lot of pumpkin soup, peppermint tea and the opposite as well I found frozen things were also good. I got coconut water and made ice poles to suck on and that was very helpful. I drank a lot of coconut water it's a really good fluid to get in. But the main thing I can tell you, which I hope will help, is that it does get a little easier every day and you will get through it. take care and just keep on sipping...
Back to top Go down
Eziddie

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-12-08

PostSubject: Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase EmptyMon 08 Dec 2014, 2:44 am

Hi, I was sleeved on 2nd Dec and now home recovering for one more week before going back to work. 

Looking for some ideas for this phase, I'm currently having chicken broth, up and Go (Energize), apple juice,  sustagen,  and a Vcld drink can't get through the amounts they have told me I need to get through.

I also have a awful taste in my mouth.

Any advice would be greatly received. 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase   Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Just been Sleeved - Struggling with liquid phase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: