Time2Change
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Time2Change

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-07-13

Surgery booked - Very nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 3:42 am

Hello Kristy,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Wont it be great to not have to think about food all the time! I am looking forward to making some positive changes.
How are you feeling so soon after surgery? I hope you are well.
Cheers.
MJ
Back to top Go down
comforteater
comforteater

Female
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 7:39 am

Surgery booked - Very nervous! 473426 time to change..

My name is Kristy.

I felt the same way as you! and I am a comfort eater big time!! I ate when i was sad, stressed, anxious, bored and everything inbetween, it felt so good when i was doing it but straight after i would hate myself. I broke so many promises to myself to loose weight that i didnt believe in myself anymore at all. Everyday i ate like a pig telling myself i would do better tomorrow.

My surgery was last thursday (july 21) and I got home from hospital yesterday.. I WAS FREAKING OUT AND SO NERVOUS SCARED AND EXCITED ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

you will be fine :) I'm hoping that this is the best thing that i have ever done for myself, and i hope that it is the same for you.
Back to top Go down
Time2Change

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

Thank you Kate!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 9:09 am

Hi Time2Change,
Like you and so many others I was terrified of having sleeve surgery but knew I had to do it. My op isn't until 22nd August but I can't say enough about how this site has helped me. I read everything absorbing all the info like a sponge and now it all seems quite normal to have a sleeve op. Well as normal as surgery can be......you know what I mean. I come to this site everyday and read, read, read and now it all seems so second nature that the terrified screaming voice in my head has changed to an excited but a little nervous quieter voice.

Good luck with everything
Kate
Back to top Go down
Time2Change

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

Hello everyone,

Wow! Thank you so much for your support and words of encouragement. As the date nears, I am feeling more and more confident that this is what I have to do to start becoming involved in life - you know - not just the fat chic who sits on the edge of the pool!
I really appreciate your help and advice. Please feel free to continue offering your stories and information - it really is priceless.

Miss Jane - How did you go? You would be in the first week of post surgery. Please, please let me know how you are going. I hope you are well.

On a side note. My husband and I have been invited to a very fancy degustation dinner in Sept. I will be about 5 months post op and I am curious as to how I will go facing all that food! It is a once in a lifetime event so I really don't want to miss out. Any advice on how I should approach it? It makes me a little anxious.

THANK YOU SO MUCH again and again.
Speak soon.
MJ
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 5:55 am

Hey, Time2Change and also you, Miss Jane - I totally agree with what Spoggy has said.
You'll be fine, and it's normal to be anxious about a big op.
Best of luck to both of you, though!
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Hello from Miss Jane   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 3:06 am

Hi,

I currently feel the same way as you, scared, terrified actually and my surgery is in 2 days! I have read comments on this site and and replies to my cry for help and am now feeling calmer and more confident that this decision is the right one for me. I hope that you will feel the same. Good luck with your operation and here's to a better, healthier life for us.
regards
Miss Jane
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Hello from spoggy   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Hi, welcome to the forum, You will not fail, it is qaauite often to hve these feeling flitting through your mind. Yes the operation of a sleeve is permanent, but do you want to put on the weight again. It is very hard to put the weight backon, you would have to be very very naughty!! You are getting a great tool, and with your determination you willuse the tool to its fullest extent. The journey does have a learning curve attached to it, this is where the forum and your dietician come in very handy. Ys there will be some mind shifts necessary, but I am sure if youare anything like me and other people you are sick of being overweight you will do what it takes to change.

The weight usually just comes off, it is very exciting, so use that excitement to urge you on and change what you need to change.

I was scared, nervious and anxious before the operation but knew it was the best thing for me to do. Having these feeling is very normal and common. You will be ok and you will succeed. Believe me!!! As you learn about your new stomach you will. The forum is a great place for support and encouragement. Start up a diary now, expressing your feelings etc. If you want to. Chat is also a great place to visit as yo can chat with people who have been ther done that and also about to be there. Feeling the same way as you.

Good luck with your journey, look forward to hearing about your journey and progress.
Most of all, congratulations of being proactive about your health.
Surgery booked - Very nervous! 446871 Surgery booked - Very nervous! 542174 Surgery booked - Very nervous! 63412 Surgery booked - Very nervous! 473426 Surgery booked - Very nervous! 362526
Back to top Go down
Time2Change

Female

PostSubject: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:45 am

Hi there everyone,
I have been spending the past few days reading up on all I can, here on this forum and other weight loss sites.
I am 34yo and a mum of three kids.
I am not morbidly obese but have hated my body and excess weight for at least 15 years. Figured it was time to make some changes.
I am extremely nervous about the surgery because a) it is permanent b) people still put on weight c) it is surgery!
I am an emotional over eater and I am trying to ignore those voices in my head that tell me this wont help??? I really do not want to be over weight any more and I have more than one health issue which are directly related to my weight. It should be simple right?
I am scared, nervous, terrified of failure.
My surgery is due to take place in only 3 weeks - 4th August.
HELP!
Thank you.
MJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgery booked - Very nervous!   Surgery booked - Very nervous! Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery booked - Very nervous!
Page 1 of 1