Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sazzles
Sazzles

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-07-08

1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 12:27 pm

Wow you took the words right out of my mouth. I feel like I have had an affair with food my whole life too. Good on you for seeking a solution. One that works :) Hope to see you about the site :)
Back to top Go down
mis*shaped
mis*shaped

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyFri 05 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

Thank you all for your replies.

I had a D&M talk with my friend who had the sleeve earlier this year, and hubby too.  I feel I'm doing the right thing.

Went shopping last night, couldn't find a pair of jeans that fit for love, or alot of money, so I came out with a new handbag, as handbags always fit don't they ladies? 

School holidays now, then first day back is my first appointment.
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyThu 04 Jul 2013, 7:57 am

Hi Miss*shaped, I think we can all relate to your "Affair" congrats on making the decision to do something about it whilst you are still so young it is a big step but a fantastic one with long term benefits. 

Your surgeon will get you to see a dietitian and a psychologist both will help you with your "affair" and hopefully help you break its hold.

Good luck and welcome 

Nita
Wish it …… Dream it ……. Do it………..

Starting Weight   141 Kgs
Lost 11 kgs since starting Opti  23rd July (replacing 2 meals a day) 
Weight 1/7/2013 130kgs
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyThu 04 Jul 2013, 7:00 am

Hi Mis, and Welcome.

I had an addiction to food too (still do really!).  If you have a real strong connection to food I would suggest seeking some assistance like councelling to go along with the sleeve.  I wish I had! I found the first month or so was incredibly hard because I wanted to eat (it was my vice) but couldn't, so I went through such an emotional time, I felt like I was mourning my best friend.....I wish I'd spoken to someone about it. 

The Sleeve is a fantastic tool, but you still really need to work at other factors that contribute to your weight gain too....

Best of luck! It's a very exciting journey :)
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Hi   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 2:37 am

Hi and welcome
Im still waiting to be sleeved but this is a fantastic place to be, loads of help and support and lots of info as well
Good luck to you in your journey
Veronica
Back to top Go down
mis*shaped
mis*shaped

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 1:57 am

Hi All,

Talking to you from the beautiful Barossa Valley :)

I'm in my mid 30's and I'm having an affair.... not with another man but food!.  It's a shameful thing, and it shows in my weight, now around the 110kg mark.  I've always been on the larger side of average, but now, well, lets say I avoid shopping and dressing up nicely, and I've really let myself go.

I've booked my first appointment today, so we'll see what the doc says in 3 weeks.

I'm really hoping that the surgery will be a helpful tool in my food addiction.  I really don't like eating, I  get no satisfaction from it, aarrrggghhh! 

Now to break the news to hubby about the appointment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..   1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery.. Empty

Back to top Go down

1st appt booked - nervous and a little jittery..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: