Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyFri 03 Oct 2014, 4:20 am

Thanks for the laughs PC. WW I just sent you a reply in my other thread, thanks so Much. How many weeks PO are you?
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 4:09 pm

Keeping a man happy isn't especially difficult.  Dave Chappelle pretty much nailed it years ago in his stand-up routine.  There's a full 10 minute version out there, and there's a tiny bit more than 4 things (with some guys anyway), but it's mostly on the money:

(Audio is NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7HpKOFTM0
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 1:51 pm

Hi Laloopsy,  I had my surgery with Dr G just over a week away.  I know Brenda in his office is really helpful and will try and organise the right day for you and keep an eye out for cancellations etc.  She rang me twice trying to shuffle things around but never disadvantaged me either (even when I offered).  If your hubby's 40th is a special celebration, ie; a big party planned then maybe fair enough, but if it is not - maybe PC is right and you could talk to him and organise to celebrate it a little early (preferrably before you start Opti, lol, so you can enjoy too).  You could try the carrot of "Oh with me in hospital, you'll be able to spend your 40th having a boys night!" lol.

Whatever happens.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 1:13 pm

Laloopsy wrote:
Well, I am new to the forum so hi everyone! I have surgery booked for 5th November with dr greenslade, but I think I'll have to Postpone the date because it's the day before my husbands 40th! I'm still pretty uncertain (scared?) about everything.

While I don't know your husband, I don't think he'll mind it if the next available surgery date means you'll be in hospital on his birthday.  Most guys are more pragmatic than that, especially as we get older.  Give him overt permission to spoil himself rotten that day and it'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:40 pm

We can Only Hope jenanne! Good luck to you too!
Back to top Go down
JenAnne

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-07-08

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:20 pm

Hi Amanda

Welcome, I also have a date 2nd Dec and I feel exactly the same way you do. I am over it all and ready to become a skinny person :)
Good luck xx
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female

PostSubject: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 12:14 pm

Well, I am new to the forum so hi everyone! I have surgery booked for 5th November with dr greenslade, but I think I'll have to Postpone the date because it's the day before my husbands 40th! I'm still pretty uncertain (scared?) about everything. I think I am scared of not bring about to binge when I feel lonely/stressed/worried/anxious etc. That I will never be able to gobble down chocolate and ice cream like I do...all good things of course, but I won't have that fall back.y bmi is not quite 35 but I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I was always the chubby kid. I now worry that I will spend the rest of my life struggling. Watching my food intake, counting calories, obsessing over fat content/sugar content/carbs blah bla. I just don't want that worry anymore. Not to mention the fact my mum had a bypass at 53- heart disease is rife on her side if the family- a scary thought. I just want to hear other peoples stories and realistic accounts of post op surgery recovery etc. Lovely to meet you all, Amanda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!   surgery booked for November 5th-nervous! Empty

Back to top Go down

surgery booked for November 5th-nervous!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: