7 posters
AuthorMessage
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Finally made and appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

No probs.. I'm all new to this as well. Saw my surgeon in April and am doing it on 20th... this place is really good.. so much info, support etc...

It has been so helpful to me.

Sx
Back to top Go down
Holly87
Holly87

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks heaps Sweet.

:)
Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

Welcome...

Be honest with your surgeon and yourself, take someone with you as they can take in the info as well as you, in case you miss something.

Good luck :-)

S
Back to top Go down
Holly87
Holly87

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

Hi Everyone

Im new, my first post actually. I have my first appointment with Dr Chandraratna on 15th June and am super excited.
Any advice for my first appointment??

Thanks

p.s there are some really brave and inspiring people on here, well done!!
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 8:43 am

Hi Whitelilly

Im going with Dr Epari he works with Dr Thomas. My cousin works at the hospital in the op rooms and said Thomas and Epari are very good and get a lot of hard cases and get good results.

Hope this makes you feel better with your choice.

Cheers

Kaz
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 7:57 am

Krikkit wrote:
when I called for Dr Armstrong, I found out he charges above the scheduled fee for lapband removal, but not for gallbladder - he also charges considerably more for the sleeve. Even though I could get in slightly sooner. From all the reviews both Drs seem fantastic, but I just can't afford a big out of pocket expense.

He is also the best in Perth (my opinion - which is probably shared by others here too!)

There are reasons why others don't charge more than the scheduled amount..

Dr Thomas is also a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Whitelilly073
Whitelilly073

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 3:38 am

I agree I also can't afford the big out of pocket costs and will be taking out a personal loan for the out of pocket expenses.
But I think we are both in good hands.
Back to top Go down
Krikkit
Krikkit

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 3:24 am

when I called for Dr Armstrong, I found out he charges above the scheduled fee for lapband removal, but not for gallbladder - he also charges considerably more for the sleeve. Even though I could get in slightly sooner. From all the reviews both Drs seem fantastic, but I just can't afford a big out of pocket expense.
Back to top Go down
Whitelilly073
Whitelilly073

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 2:30 am

I am at home in bed to. Have been crook since Friday. I have no voice which my own children are loving. So I hope we both get well soon. xx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 1:11 am

Good for you! It is a positive step. I am a 'schoolie' too. I am not well at the moment, and am in bed, but generally, I teach!
Back to top Go down
Whitelilly073
Whitelilly073

Female

PostSubject: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 2:29 pm

Well I have posted before explaining how my band eroded and I was looking into having the sleeve.
I had the band removed last October. Well after a bit of research I had it nailed down to two doctors.
Dr Alan Thomas and Jon Armstrong. Dr Jon Armstrong won't touch me because he did not remove my band.
Dr Thomas seems great have talk with him through email. told him when they removed my band they found I had a hiatus hernia too.
He said he would perform both surgeries.
I have my first appointment with him on the 1st August. Wish it was a bit sooner. I am hoping to have the surgery at the end of September so I have school holidays to heal before going back to work as I work as and Education assistant in Pre Primary.
Any information would be great from people who have had Dr Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally made and appointment   Finally made and appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally made and appointment
Page 1 of 1