8 posters
AuthorMessage
letitbe
letitbe

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-20

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

The info pack and appointment card was waiting for me when I ot home from work!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 12:15 pm

Congrats on your referal.

When I spoke to my doc about my weight concerns she actually offered me a referal to consider surgery. As she suggested I think about somthing more than things I had already tried.
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Vegas

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-11

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 7:12 am

Well done Kate, I to had all my reasons ready to go when I saw my GP and did not have to use any of them she was very pro WLS

Good Luck on 24th it will be here in no time and as said below next is the exciting part the operation
Back to top Go down
Debbiepfingst

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-28

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: I have just made my appointment to see my GP 4th sept bit nervous   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:01 am

letitbe wrote:
So I saw my GP today. I was very prepared taking a folder with me with information and all forms I needed filled in. I was so jittery, when I walked in I told her I was quite nervous and could she bare with me. She was so lovely and put me at ease I said everything I wanted/needed to say and only cried once. She weighed me, its not good BMI = 45.5. I got the referral for the surgeon I chose not a problem I have no idea why or how I got so worked up about it! I left the office, called the surgeon and made the appointment while sitting in the car, 24 Sept. YAY!!

So a few stats..... this is me taking ownership of my weight problem.

154cm, Heaviest 127.5kg 2009, Lightest 83kg 2005, GP's ideal 60kg.

Currently 108kg = BMI 45.5 with High blood pressure, insulin resistance, fatty liver, asthma and GORD.

*fingers crossed I can make this happen.
I got my refferal! 595690 I got my refferal! 595690
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 3:11 am

Congratulations letitbe,

24th September will be here before you know it and the next count down will then be till surgery date.

I too was really worked up going to see my GP and she said "Janet, this is the the bravest thing you have ever done, and you should feel proud of yourself!" I'm really not sure why I worried, but I did.

God luck on your journey.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
letitbe
letitbe

Female

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 12:14 am

Thankyou ladies
Back to top Go down
NormalNow
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-12-16

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

Well done on the first step to the new you!
Back to top Go down
letitbe
letitbe

Female

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

The information I took in was, some statistics regarding wls. Which I didn't need.
The forms were for super application.
Back to top Go down

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 9:43 am

Congrats! It is a good feeling when you finally take the huge first step. I cried during my GP visit too lol, for some reason I booked that appointment with a male GP... now that I think of it, I probably would have been better off with a female LOL But he was lovely anyway, tried to talk me into seeing a dietician before going to see a surgeon but I was having none of that! :P
Back to top Go down
justnats

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-08-22

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 9:08 am

congrats letitbe..

i was looking forward to my GP referal which was to be done on friday, they have just called me and said he is not going to be in that day, so have had to make it the thurs of the next week, cause i didnt want to take all my kids in there....

So what information and forms did you have to take in.
Back to top Go down
Alysia88
Alysia88

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-08-09

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 8:26 am

Congrats on getting the referral.
I know I was so stressed about going in and talking to the GP about it.. It was easier then I thought..

Good luck for the 24th... I'm sure the time will fly and the appointment will be here before you know it! :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alysiawalker8
letitbe
letitbe

Female

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 8:00 am

So I saw my GP today. I was very prepared taking a folder with me with information and all forms I needed filled in. I was so jittery, when I walked in I told her I was quite nervous and could she bare with me. She was so lovely and put me at ease I said everything I wanted/needed to say and only cried once. She weighed me, its not good BMI = 45.5. I got the referral for the surgeon I chose not a problem I have no idea why or how I got so worked up about it! I left the office, called the surgeon and made the appointment while sitting in the car, 24 Sept. YAY!!

So a few stats..... this is me taking ownership of my weight problem.

154cm, Heaviest 127.5kg 2009, Lightest 83kg 2005, GP's ideal 60kg.

Currently 108kg = BMI 45.5 with High blood pressure, insulin resistance, fatty liver, asthma and GORD.

*fingers crossed I can make this happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I got my refferal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my refferal!   I got my refferal! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got my refferal!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: