Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyFri 07 Jan 2011, 12:11 am

Hi Jenny....

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year....

Welcome to the site. The people are both fantastic and helpful.\

Just two weeks now til your surgeon's appt -- I look forward to hearing how it goes.

S
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Thank you   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

Thanks Carah for your lovely message.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.

Jenny
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 12:06 pm

Hi Jenny,

Congratulations on making the wonderful decision to be sleeved - 2011 will be a big (well, small actually!!) year for you I'm sure.
The decision to have surgery is always one that is filled with doubt and concern, for both you and your loved ones. The important thing is to go into it will as much information and understanding as you can. This site is a fantastic resource for that.
Wishing you all the very best with your forthcoming appointments. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.
Regards, Carah
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:05 am

Hi Soulcatcher,
Thank you for your reply. It means a lot.
Will keep this post up-to-date once I also get my date for surgery.
Jenny
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:41 am

Hi, I initially freaked out when a friend told me she was going to have a sleeve, then checked out this site (her suggestion) and was much more comfortable and supportive of her decision. My surgery is booked for Feb, my much slimmer friend is coming along for support :-)
Your children will be fine once they research more. Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! 63412
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:46 am

Hi to all,

This is quite nerve racking but I don't know why. You all seem so fantastic with your support and individual journeys.

I have been looking at the info on this site for just over a week and it is a wonderful site.

I have two daughters who were very reluctant to letting me have the band surgery and as yet haven't spoke to them about my decision about being sleeved. I want to be around a long time to see them get married and have children. It tears me to think if I don't take this step - I wont be there to see this.

They both think I should just try and diet just one more time - but we all know its not that easy. I have been overweight since the birth of my first daughter over 23 years ago. I have health issues and I know I need to do something about this.

I orginally was looking at getting banded until I went to an info night at Dr John Jorgensen, Kogarah NSW. My brother was banded over 9 years ago and he has done well. My decision changed when the issues of the band and people having to have them removed and the problems associated with them. Initially my only negative thought was the foreign item in your body.

Well, after the info night and looking at many different info sights and as well as this forum, I have decided that this is the way to go. My only fear was - no long term studies and also the removal of part of your stomach. I have over come these fears and have compared them with other surgery - eg: having appendix, gallbladder or spleen removed - at least it not all gone.

The members on this forum seem like very inspirational people and I am so glad I have come across this site. I am hoping I can chat with many friends that can support me with my journey.

My first appt with Dr John Jorgensen, Kogarah NSW on the 25 Jan 2011.

Looking forward to posting more messages. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Lets hope the new year will a great one.

Jenny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!   Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Made the decision to do it finally!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: