Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

I have finally made the decision to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

Woohoo! You can do it :)
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:36 pm

Ok day 1 opti down haven't cheated 13 to go!
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 10:23 am

OMG I am just having the chocolate mousse Optifast it is delicious, i dont think dinners will be too hard afterall. (tummy still grumbling like an atom bomb is being made in there)
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

Thanks vicki, I have been doing opti for breakfast and lunch, so just have to add dinner on so im hoping to avoid the headaches! :)
Back to top Go down
vicki007
vicki007

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:52 am

Christina
Starting on opti makes you realise that it IS happening and it IS happening soon,,,, yayayayayayayay! Little hint for you ,,,,, keep up your fluids as much as you can to eliviate the headaches, and GOOD LUCK!

I have finally made the decision to sleeve 446871
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:49 am

ok so I have started full opti today! 2 weeks to go! I had my first little scare yesterday about not waking up after surgery and how my partner and family will be, but i quickly dismissed and told myself only postive thoughts.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 1:10 am

Thanks everyone!I have finally made the decision to sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 5:31 am

That's great Christina, enjoy the countdown!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 5:00 am

You'll get there if you want it enough..

Just stay calm and don't expect miracles, 1kg a week is still 52kg in a year.

Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 4:57 am

If I can lose half the weight you have ill be extremely happy!
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 4:39 am

Thanks J, Woo Hoo cant wait!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 4:35 am

Not long to go Chris, you'll be fine :)

Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 3:31 am

yay 3 weeks to go, 1 week to opti spew!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

Wow Christina...do You realize that's six days earlier than the original date you were booked just to see the doctor? That's fantastic...and your weight loss already is superb.

If you keep Going like this for the next 32 dAys you will blitz the surgery ...

S
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 12 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm

So im booked in for the 14th August yay! 32 days to go!

I started doing opti for breakfats and lunch last tuesday and weighe dmyself last night and have lost 2.1kgs already, I was amazed!

I dont think the nervous/fear side of me has kicked in yet, because all i am is excited im hoping this feeling doesnt go away!
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:32 am

Hi Kristie,

I had Dr Anna Lih as my endocrinologist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, she is very nice so no need to be nervous. She just went through a bit of family history, what weightloss things I have tried previously and my current weight problems. The appointment was probably all over within 20minutes. i dont thinky ou normally have to have any tests with her, but because my aunty has cushings disease she wants to test me for that because if I have it thent he sleeve wont help with weightloss at all, I dont think I have it because I dont have any of the symptons. I should have the test results by the end of this week.

Oclinic rung me yesterday and I am booked in to be sleeved on the 14th August!!!!! Woo Hoo 6 weeks to go!
Back to top Go down
kak1022
kak1022

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:34 am

Hi Christina, I seen Dr Taylor yesterday 2 July for initial consult, i found him to be very genuine and very professional. I too am needing to see the external endocrinoligist as well i have an appointment on the 6 August. I have an appointment on Wed 11 July to see the psych and dietician. I was wandering if you could tell me what the endocrinologist asks you or any tests that he requests.

Thanks

Kristie
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 5:44 am

hey all!

Well good news I have been approved my the external endocrinologist pending one more test, but things look good so I should be sleeved in september, or october at the lastest!!!

YAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

WOW the 2nd July is just around the corner. Good luck with everything and I hope you have a smooth recovery.

Kate
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 10:46 pm

Congratulations christinajp87, I agree with the Woo Hoo - my date is the 22nd August and it seems forever away. Good luck for the 2nd July
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

yay doctor called me they had a cancellation, they got me in for 2nd july woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 5:59 am

alrighty, im booked in witht he doctor at concord hospital for 20th Auguts uggg such a wait but thats the earliest appointment :( but i will then know if i am approved and when my surgery date will be :)
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 1:55 am

hey all!

Thanks ofr the support. My appointments went well, the Pysch was pretty full on, but i think its a good thing. the nutritionist was very nice and information about the pre op and post op diet, they are very strict at the O CLinic but i guess thats why there track record with leaks is 0.

Im applying to get the discounted rate through Concord Hospital so my next step is to go have a blood test and make an appointment with Concord Hospitals Endocrinologist, to get approval from her.

Dr Taylor said I may have more difficulty getting approved as I do not have another conditon like Diabetes or High Blood pressure, but I guess my argument will be, is that Im doing this so I dont get those problems which I know will happen if I stay at this weight or greater.

Anywho I will keep you updated :)
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Hi Christina, Welcome to the forum and so please for you that things are moving ahead at a reasonable paca. How did your appointments go yesterday? I don't have to do either the dietitian or psych app'ts but I think at least the dietitian would have been good.

Do you have a surgery date yet??

Good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
uncleluck
Part of the furniture
uncleluck

Male
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

Hi Christina and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have finally made the decision to sleeve   I have finally made the decision to sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

I have finally made the decision to sleeve
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next