AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyFri 11 Sep 2009, 3:30 am

Hiya and a big welcome to you :)

It is a big decision and I feel that I made the right one finally too....Good luck on your journey december will be here before you know it...well it always creeps up on me...oh cr@p its christmas and i havent done any shopping...lol
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 2:14 pm

Hi,
Welcome and have fun, the time until surgery will honestly fly by.
I was sleeved two weeks ago today and can honestly say that I have never felt better.

Cheers Gail.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 7:40 am

Heya Mapmar.......
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering 65317
I understand how hard it can be too make such a big decision. I was sleeved last thursday and am doing fine :)
Looking forward to something a little more solid though.
Look forward to seeing your progress.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 6:50 am

Thanks for all of the welcomes!!! I am going with Jon Armstrong as he was highly recommended by my boss (well he knows him personally as well!!!) I am getting it done on the 21st Dec (tentatively at the moment as seeing Jon next Friday!) and having it done at Hollywood Hospital. My boss is having 2 weeks off from the 21st Dec so that is why I picked that date! I only wish is was sooner as I am really getting excited about the prospect of being thinner and not having to worry about weight so much anymore... still watch what I eat but not stressing about gaining!!!!!

I am definitely already addicted to this forum, it is fabulous!!! Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering 65317
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 6:13 am

Hi and Welcome

Congratulation on your decision. What a great boss you have to be able to talk to about these things. I and a few others are being sleeved on 23rd September so if you would like to read our diaries as we progress through the stages feel free. I will try to keep mine as updated as possible. What is the name of your surgeon. I am going with Dr Alan Thomas and having it at St John of God in Murdoch. There are several other Perth people on here that have other surgeons as well. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 5:56 pm

Hi Marnie
Congratulations on making the hard decision. What an understanding boss you have, too.
Good luck with your journey.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 1:32 pm

Hi and Welcome Marnie,

You will find most of wat youneed to know about the sleeve so look around and read goodluck on your journey

Cheers Sue Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering 63412
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 1:16 pm

Finally I have decided to have surgery...... Like many of you, I have tried every diet program, tablet and potion under the sun to try and lose weight. I have only be successful once but unfortunately my depression hit afterwards and I put it all back on within 6 months! I have tried again this year and lost 20kg before I went on my first overseas holiday. I was sooo happy with myself that I was doing it again. I came back from leave and couldn't get back on the program. It has been nearly 2 months since I have been back and have not had one 100% day on the program.

I had discussed sleeve gastrectomy before with a physician but decided against it as I was losing weight and I couldn't stand the physician at all... So I stayed on the program and was going to prove this guy wrong! I was going to lose the weight and I was going to keep it off... but alas that has not happened.

So yesterday I was making myself a cappuccino at work and my boss yells out to me "so what happened to your diet", "I thought you said that you could not have milk on your diet", I said, "yeah"... he goes "have you thought about surgery"... I said I was in 2 minds and he goes... well what two minds. I went and talked to him about it and it must of been how he said something that I finally realised that I have had enough of struggling and know that even if I do lose more weight, I am not going to keep it off. So he goes, well go and ring the surgeon. So I did....I have an appt with my gp on Monday to get the referral and have an appt with the Surgeon next Friday. I am tentatively booked for surgery on the 21st Dec as I will be able to have time off over Christmas! So it will be a liquid Christmas for me this year.

I am finally looking forward to a thinner future.... I know that I will still have to watch what I eat but at least if I do eat too much I am going to know about it!! I am looking forward to reading all of the posts on here and hearing from you all!....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering   Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally a decision made after 20+ years of suffering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: