AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptySun 15 May 2011, 7:00 am

Hi Daisy,

This is seriously the best decision that you will make in your whole life believe me.
I know that the whole thing can feel a little daunting but I promise you when you are on the other side you wonder what all the fuss was about LOL

Good luck with the journey.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptySun 15 May 2011, 12:10 am

Les13 wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum, I was sleeved by Dr Padavan in Feb and haven't looked back. My weight on the day of the op was 103.5 and today I am 83.8Kg so I am very happy. Weight still going down and I feel so much better.

Would love to get together with other local sleevers if anyone is out there and interested. I do work fulltime but can always find time to catch up.
Cheers
guys
Les13
Newbie in Perth 217555

Newbie in Perth 355206
Hi there Les13; great of you to join us. I was sleeved a few days after you; you may like to have a look at the monthly threads, February 2011 for instance, or the Sleevers Get-to-Gethers will also assist in finding others from your area of Perth, they have regular get-to-gethers in different places of Perth.
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t4717-february-2011-sleevers
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/f10-sleever-s-get-togethers
Congratulations on the weight loss so far... WTG..
Newbie in Perth 446871 Newbie in Perth 446871 Newbie in Perth 446871
Back to top Go down
Les13

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-05-14

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Sleeved by Dr Padavan in Feb   Newbie in Perth EmptySat 14 May 2011, 11:35 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum, I was sleeved by Dr Padavan in Feb and haven't looked back. My weight on the day of the op was 103.5 and today I am 83.8Kg so I am very happy. Weight still going down and I feel so much better.

Would love to get together with other local sleevers if anyone is out there and interested. I do work fulltime but can always find time to catch up.
Cheers
guys
Les13
Newbie in Perth 217555
Back to top Go down
Daisy*

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-14

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Dr Padovan Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 3:56 am

thanks for your replies girls - so wish i was being "done" this month
and still hoping to hear from someone who is being sleeved or has been sleeved by Dr Padovan.
this forum has really helped to make up my mind and confirm i'm doing the right thing.
just wish i didn't have to wait so long for my appointment - want to get it done now!
I'm self funding - which is a big pain but i thought long and hard about it and having to wait another year after getting the top H/I was just wishing my life away and i've been doing that for too long.
Only my husband knows i'm going to have this done as i don't want to stress out my family and also don't want to have to explain myself to anyone.
I've tried just about everything over the years from dodgy diet pills to liquid only - inc cabbage soup - not good if you have to leave the house lol etc etc etc.
D xxx Newbie in Perth 811960
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 5:38 am

Hi Ladies

I know what you mean about drips. This time Im going to ask the guy to give me a pre-med to make me a little stress free going into the op.

Iv never had one with the bands but this is total different and Im scared more.

My doctor is Epari and Im now set to have the op on the 2nd of June.

best of luck
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:50 pm

Hi Daisy this site is wonderful isn't it I have read so many inspiring stories on here. Its great being able to read peoples recovery stories as well as the majority of them say the pain is not that bad ....so here's hoping : )) I have had a few different ops over the years and find that at the private hopsitals there anesethesiests (hope I spelt it right!) are that good that you don't even feel them put the needle in! I had an op at Mount Hospital two years ago and woke up with a drip in which really suprised me as they put it in whilst I was asleep...great!! I am starting to get a bit nervous about my op as well the closer it gets to the date but I guess thats just normal. Hopefully you will get your sleeve date at your first appt I'm not sure how Dr Padovan works I got my date at my first appt which I was really happy with, I'm not from Perth so have to travel quite a way for every appt.

Sunnie Newbie in Perth 65317
Back to top Go down
Daisy*

Female

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

hi Sunnie, thanks for your reply :-)
only found this site at the weekend and have been plowing through it, has helped with what i have read so far to give me the courage to book the appointment.
Although saying that i have started to panic about the op already and i haven't even had my Drs appointment lol.
I have never had an op - only time i have been in hospital was to have the children.
I have asthma and im worried that i'm going to wake up from the op with a tube up my nose and not be able to breathe also hoping i can persuade the anethetist to put my drips etc in after he has knocked me out Newbie in Perth 602625
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

Hi Daisy welcome to another west aussie : )) I am due to have my op in Perth in May although my surgeon is Jon Armstrong so can't help with the questions on Gordon padovan although he was my second choice : )) I have read aquite a few stories of people who have used gordon padovan, if you go into the part that says surgeons you will be able to find quite a lot of his patients.

Good luck

Sunnie Newbie in Perth 355206
Back to top Go down
Daisy*

Female

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 9:47 am

Hi guys,
I have finally decided to take back control of my life and booked my appointment to see Dr Padovan,its for the end of June.
I hoping that there is someone who has been through the process with him that wouldn't mind me grilling them about it - only joking would just like to ask a few questions as it seems that every Dr has a different way of doing things.
Thanks D x Newbie in Perth 811960
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Perth
Page 1 of 1