Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrsH

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-09-13

Newbie from Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth   Newbie from Perth EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013, 5:12 am

Thanks Mymac...only one more sleep :) I'm seeing Dr Chandraratna at Murdoch. He was recommended to me by a friend who was sleeved in July and she knows people who have used him also and thought he was great. Only problem is that he will be going on a break for December and January so if I can't get a surgery date at end of November I may have to seek another surgeon. I don't want to wait until late Jan/early Feb when he returns as my little one is starting full time pre primary and I want to be recovered by then.

How did your appointment go? Have you got a surgery date? Were you happy with your surgeon? Do you think there is anything else I should ask I didn't have on my list? Sorry for all the questions :)

Take care
MrsH x
Back to top Go down
Mymac

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Newbie from Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth   Newbie from Perth EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm

Thank you MrsH

Good luck with your app on Friday :)
Who are you seeing? I saw Dr Thomas.

I didn't get a chance to view this before my app, but asked most of these anyway.
Back to top Go down
MrsH

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-09-13

Newbie from Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth   Newbie from Perth EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013, 5:12 am

Welcome Mymac :)
I'm 36 with a hubby and 4 year old son and am also from Perth. I'm fairly new to the forums as I only decided to have gastric sleeve surgery about 2 weeks ago. I'm having my first appointment with the surgeon this Friday.
This is a list of questions I found on another site which may be helpful for you;

1. What is your gap amount?

2. What is included in the 'Surgeon's Gap amount' e.g Dietitian, Psychologist, Physician etc ?

3. Who/what else will I have to pay for?

4. What is the 'expected' hospital stay?

5. What is your expected goal weight for me?

6. What prior diet to you need before surgery?

7. How longs until I can return to work?

8. How long should I expect partner to be off work to look after kids etc?

9. What restrictions will I have Post op ? eg. Driving, Lifting, Housework etc

10. How long should I wait before trying to conceive?

11.  If traveling from a regional area, shall I stay in town for a few nights after being discharged?

12. Will I need to take 'supplements' post op? e.g Vitamins, Vit D, Iron etc

13. How long post sleeve will I be able to have sex? 

14. How many of these operations have you performed?

15. How many post-op complications have you encountered and what where they?

16. How long before I can drive?

I found a lot of these were answered in the info pack they sent me however I'm sure I'll still have a few questions to ask. Good luck with your appointment. Let us know how it all goes :)
Back to top Go down
Mymac

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Newbie from Perth Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from Perth   Newbie from Perth EmptySun 22 Sep 2013, 4:25 pm

Cat Hi, so a little about me, I'm 35 yr old mum to 3 kids, I  have a loving supportive man for the past 16 yrs. I've waited this long till my PHI kicks in.

I am going to have my 1st appointment tomorrow. What questions should I ask? Feeling excited to start this journey
Cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie from Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Perth   Newbie from Perth Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Perth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: