Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Damian Butler

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-11-03

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyThu 03 Nov 2016, 2:00 am

Most surgeons won't operate without private health insurance if something was to go wrong he ended up in hospital for 2-3weeks you have to pay the cost
Back to top Go down
sufezza

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-10-13

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016, 3:02 am

Hi, I'm new too. All I can say re the cost is look into getting private health insurance and waiting the year if you can, maybe do it in consultation with your doctor? I have just finished waiting a year for my policy to mature and am booked in on the 8th of Nov. My surgeon would not accept me as a patient if I didn't have private health cover. I dont know if that is common or not?
Cost-wise, I'll be out of pocket about 5 or 6 thousand (not including the cost of insurance) but otherwise it wouldn't have been possible. Good luck with it in any case.
Back to top Go down
groovin-gecko

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-18

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016, 2:46 am

Hello to all,

I am newly decided to go ahead and get this surgery and am yet to choose a surgeon etc (any recommendations would be grand)....just trying to get my head round now how I am going to afford to pay for it which I am finding very overwhelming as I dont have PHI.......and I really dont think I can wait a year ! I feel so unwell and in so much pain that it feels quite urgent.
Our financial advisor doesn't seem to think we can access my hubby's super MLC.. to pay for it which is distressing, so any advice in regards to that would be grand too.
Its very cool to hear about everyone's journey, hopefully soon Ill be able to start mine.

oh and for some reason i cant seem to change the date of operation to not had yet in my profile. ( very new to forums so please forgive me )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie in Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in Perth   Newbie in Perth Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Perth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: