AuthorMessage
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

another newbie from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyThu 08 Jan 2015, 4:06 am

That's great that you've been able to make a decision you're at peace with, Poppy! Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
poppy28

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyThu 08 Jan 2015, 3:19 am

Hi to everyone,

I have appointment tomorrow to pay for surgery, and get my date in Feb.

My GP rang me yesterday to help me work through issues that I was having, my biggest concern was if I don't get the weight off I won't be walking in the next 5 years.
After having a great conversation with him, about pros and cons for my future I decided that this the right thing for me to do for my health.

I thank everyone for their support with this decision, as it hasn't been easy. 
I'm grateful to have found this site, with people that have either gone through the experience or like me about too.
cheers
another newbie from perth 65317
Back to top Go down
poppy28

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Newbie from Perth   another newbie from perth EmptyTue 06 Jan 2015, 6:28 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, 
I have a question my doctor has suggested that I have  a gastric sleeve
I have been to Chris Couch who is willing to do the surgery, I have many health issues 10 back operations lost a kidney half a spleen, need to lose 28kg. I am able to do any exercise my legs are failing 500m is the most I can walk.
I worry all the time about my back, I live in pain all the time have lots of problems with my legs swelling.
I just don't know if this is the right thing for me to do?
I have read many of your experiences, how wonderful and positive you all are.
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 9:46 am

Pinkandblue82 - of course you are worth it. It is a lot of money to be forking out, but think of the health benefits into the future, and what you won't necessarily be forking out for then. I think it's a wise investment in your future 😊
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 7:45 am

Welcome! I had Dr Dolan and was sleeved in April 2014. It was such a quick process for me I didn't even have time to ponder on it :) You are definitely worth it! So happy for you 2015 will bring many changes . Goodluck :)
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 7:17 am

Pinkandblue82 - welcome aboard! It sounds like you're well prepared for the journey ahead but if you do have any questions/need advice etc this forum is a brilliant help. And although it seems a lot of money, how can you put a price on your health and happiness - you deserve this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
pinkandblue82
pinkandblue82

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 6:16 am

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum (have been reading aka stalking lol a lot but first time posting), I have my first appointment with Dr Dolan on Wednesday and I am hoping to book in my sleeve ASAP.

My husband was sleeved last March and has lost over 75kgs since then.

I was with him at all his dr appointmnets and nutritionist etc so I  feel like I know what to expect and what I need to do etc

I am nervous about my Wednesday appointment, scared he will say no, anxious about when I can book it in as we have a very full on schedule with afterschool sports etc and I don't want to put my mum and husband out to much

$5500 seems like so much money for me to want to spend on myself BUT after seeing all the positive changes in my husband I think I am worth the investment aswell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another newbie from perth   another newbie from perth Empty

Back to top Go down

another newbie from perth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: