D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 10:45 am

Queenie - I asked my surgeon if I could pick my kids up - he said it is up to you, but if it were him, then he would definately pick them up. (He has 4 kids)
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 6:03 am

The 6 week thing...

has been around for a very long time...well before power steering...well before keyhole surgery...and I suspect its been passed on from surgeon to med student for generations of intakes...

and something I happily spouted to patients even when I did my nursing training back in the mid 80's. Is it based on research? Probably not. Its habit and ritual...and why each surgeon has their own protocol...and they vary so widely.

If you are not sore, youve not damaged yourself.

Sounds like you are doing really well!

Deb
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 2:50 am

Most surgeons say no heavy lifting for 6 weeks after surgery, but what is classed as heavy?
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 2:24 am

I have 2 kids, 2.5yrs and 9 months, weighing 11kg and 7kg. I was careful picking them up straight away, but I've never really worried about it. I'm 10 days post op and was picking them up by day 4.
Just be careful but I don't think it will be a problem at all, it's not for me.
Don't stress!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 1:57 am

Calm down. Do not repeat the process. You are raw inside.

Your muscles are OK, but you don't want to pull anything. If you feel pain, go to the hospital immediately, but if you do not feel pain, my guess is you have done no damage. Be really careful, and just keep reminding your husband and family that you can lift NOTHING unless they want you back in hospital.

If you want to hold your daughter, sit down, and have someone hand her to you for a cuddle. Just take it easy at this stage. A hernia is a real possibility, and you don't want that!
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 1:29 am

Omg omg omg!!! I had sleeve done on wednesday and last night without thinking I lifted my daughter 12kg!!!! It did not hurt and not something I want to repeat but is this bad? What have I done? Do I need to go to gp? Omg Omg 3 days out!!! 68366
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Omg 3 days out!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omg 3 days out!!!   Omg 3 days out!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Omg 3 days out!!!
Page 1 of 1