AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

come for the journey ! 180kg to ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 9:37 am

Well done on the progress so far mate..

Your tastes for certain food will come back, I'm still finding things I can't stand 6 months out. Milk for me is somewhat hard but I was never a huge milk drinker anyways.
I've also found that I've gone from being a bourbon and coke drinker to enjoying the more bitter taste of beer alot more now.

Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

Congrats on the loss!! come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 446871

My uncle was sleeved by Cohen and he's had amazing results.

Goodluck with the rest of your journey!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: NEW UPDATE.   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 10:52 am

Ok, seriously its been along time since ive been on here and i shouldnt let it be this long.
i signed up orginally to find information and to get help and i said i was gonna do that for others when i had my sleeve.

I got sleeved 10th of june 2011 by Dr Cohen and i have to say what a champ :-)
things went so well had no dramas at all in the hospital "the mount" in fact some of the nurses there was so good to me :)

so after the op the 2 weeks on the couch, gotta enjoy when ya can hehehe were good didnt evne use half me pain meds, sorta held onto them for my wife as i knew she'd probably need them, im to nice.
but yeah 2 weeks were good. then the transistion to which i am on the last week to get back to normal and yes normal food has been a slight struggle at times.

my reflux has just started to come back to me which i know this can sometimes come on from surgery.
i did have it years ago but after an endoscopy it went away the next day and form what my wife was looking up on this site i may need another one to stop it again somethign about streching the bottom of the stomach lol not sure but i will find out wheni see the surgeon in the next fews for the 6 week check up.

now i have to atmitt i am now addicted to an iceypole called cyclones man they are so good its like my pain and discomfort release. has helped me with heartburn and upset tummie, maybe its pyschological but hey it works.

most foods have been ok but i have to atmitt i love eggs to death but since the surgery i cant stand them, really hoping this will go away soon hehehe.

the weight lose has steady last few weeks while starting to eat meat ect again but still i know if i have a busy day at work or the wife and i do soem walking the weight drops off so cant wait for this rain to go so can burns some kilos away :-)

i cant wait to hit 150kg then i can say i have lost 30kilo and god thats gonna feel good to say. and then i have the goal to lose the next 50kg.

well i want ramble to much tonight, just had to relog all my stuff to get on so ill pop back hopefully tomorrow and give everyone a bit more of a run down with foods ect ect.

take care all and talk soon

"tiptop out'
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Luke, mate sorry its taken me for ever to reply.
Been so busy since the surgery, which is good but of course its been well over a month since ive gotten on here.
Im doing well, the weight lose is doing well as far as i know and yeah things are good.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 5:15 am

hows it going mate had the surgery yet, hows weight loss going.
regards Luke
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 11:43 am

nice one!!!

Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

wooohooo just added my weightloss ticker

come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 314541 come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 314541 come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 314541 come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 314541 come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 314541
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 7:38 am

oh well havent really lost enough to compare in the photos just yet.
and silly me only took before pics i htink yesterday so id already lost the 10kilo since starting the shakes lol ohhh well im certainly not gonna eat n add 10 kilos on just for a photo lol.

yeah i can understand that i really hope my wife doesnt lose her boobs after her op.
you will have to send us your before pic :-)
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 7:31 am

sorry!!! looked at your before pics!! :)

my hubby is only worried about me losing my boobs LOL!
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:24 am

yeah im shorter than my wife too it seems to becoming more a common thing that im shorter than most these days heheh.

oh yeah well dont forget cause i reaocn they are gonna be the best thing to look back on :-)
hey im sure the clothes with be falling off your or the hubby will make sure ehheheh

have i looked at which pics ??
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:20 am

oh yeah you're a bit shorter than me too, but that's not hard LOL

i haven't taken pics yet - i wanted to wait until the night before i start on the shakes. i have an almost 5 month old daughter and looking at the birth pics of me i just cringe. so i will take pics and just wait until clothes are falling off before i have a look and compare!

have you looked at the pics?
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:14 am

14th aye not to long to wait now :-) wow no shakes yet and ya booked in :-) hey ya never know ya may just not need them, but im sure they will as a good precaution get you to have them 2 weeks prior for the usual fatty liver deal lol. but hey awesome only a few weeks to go.

hehehe well hopefully ya hubby doesnt make to many desserts in the frist few weeks while your on liquids lol otherwise i can see him getting killed. lol

hey and after ya surgery and ya back to foods he can cook even more just heaps of little things lol

im 172cm so not as tall as your bro ( wish i was taller ) yeah well as much as i feel like im built like a brick shit house ya do relise in photos ect just look overweight. its still so hard to picture sometimes how we feel we look compared to what we actually do look like.

the wife and i only just took photos the othernight of ourselves naked to compared down the track. we just thought really the only true way to see the changes is to see the body not the clothes on it as such.

have you take your before picks so you can compare after ya surgery ?
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:07 am

i'm being sleeved on the 14th june and i have another appointment next week so i guess i'll be told when i need to start the shakes.

the issue i have is my husband is a sensational cook. omg his desserts are to DIE for.. bwhahaha.. oh how i'll miss the awesomeness!

you're a similar build to my bro by the look on your pic. he's 6'6 and built like a brick shithouse LOL!!
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 6:02 am

raspberryswirl :-) glad you love the username, have to atmitt your is a bit of a tease damm food oriantated lol
makes me think of ice cream lol.

thanks for your post, yeah lets hope i can get in sooner. but have to atmitt the shakes are working well but yeah just look forward to having the op sooner so i can eat food again ehhehe.

have you been sleeved or are you too on the shakes ?
come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 64827
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:58 am

Sassysmum, well done on your weight loss and woohooo tomorrow is the big day hey :-)
congradulations :-) i hope your not to nervous cause its gonna be the start to your new life im sure and a great start it will be :-)

well i know you wont be on few a few days with the hospital visit and all but look forward to hearing from you when you at home recovering a little more.

take care.
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:39 am

hey tiptop!!! for starters.. hilarious username, i love it :)

secondly well done on the optifast! you'll be booked in quicker than your surgeon thinks. well done bud!

Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 1:46 am

Yeah Toptop,

you sure have made an amazing start!! Well done. I'm looking forward to getting some of that energy too. Been on Opti 2 weeks, down 4kgs and happy, I'm being sleeved tomorrow.
Good luck with your superannuation application. Fingers crossed for you.
sassymum.
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 12:53 am

thanks barbie and lets hope they keep falling off :-)
very nice to speak with yourself also, have to atmitt everyone certainly is friendly on here, make it such much better.
Yeah well the wife and i both have struggle for years her more with health and me with that bit more weight and as we are both young and with no kids ( well not from lack of trying ) but yeah hopefully we both get thru this without any hiccups and can start a family :-)

talk soon barbie.
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Well done   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptySat 23 Apr 2011, 10:57 am

Well done Tiptop, those kilos are really falling off you. I'm sure you will not be far away from being done. It was nice to talk to you this morning, and hopefully I will be done soon. It is fantastic that you and your wife are doing it together, as you can get a lot of support from each other, as well as from everyone here. Here's wishing you both all the best.

Barbie
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: 180.5kg to 171.5kg in 10 days :-)   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptySat 23 Apr 2011, 2:04 am

Well guys i know im a little over a week for some feedback but with the long easter weekend break thought i better come on and let you know how im going.

Optislim shakes vanilla and chocolate have been good for lunch. for breakfast i have been having eatierh optifast berry bars or optislim caramel crunch bars and i love them both to bits. Dinner lately has been a mix of either shakes soups or bars and i have to atmitt ive been cooking lol tryed to make cabbage carrot and onion fritters lol but of course nothign would hold them together so with herb n spices i turned it into a stirfry lol and it was bloody awesome me n the wife even had it for 3 nights in a row but of course after that cabbage is still cabbage lol so went onto have 2 cups of salad ( lettuce tomato and cucumber ) and yeah the past i think 13 days how have been pretty good starting weight was 180.5kg and 10 days in (22/4/11) 171.5kg so yeah AWESOME its working on a kilo per day at present and i have to atmitt i think some of the weight is do the the increased energy levels, ive been doing so much more around home, sorta have that feeling of i got to much time on my hands and ive been cleaning lol yes cooking the wife came home the other night to find i had dinner ready to go and a cake in the oven for her for a treat for afernoon tea lol its just AWESOME havent felt this good since i was a young teenager. i wake up each morning now have my multivitamin, joint pills some vitamin c and metamucil tablets and im on my way :-)
hey i know its short term but so far so good :-)
I had to loose 15kg before the op and at this rate i will have to call Dr Cohen and say pencil me in :-)

my wife an i still havent heard back about our supperannuation release yet so hoping no news is good news.
she is about to start the shakes ect after the eaaster break, she was only told 2 weeks but with the way i am going and with food it just makes it a littlse easier and well if she can get some results like me i know she will be over the moon.

Well guys thats my little rundown :-)
Hope you all have an awesome easter and hopefully the chocolate isnt to tempting, im lucky not that keen on it :)

take care all.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:39 am

I haven't actually lost any weight I need to start opti the monday after easter so probably have been eating a little more leading up to it : (( I have heard good things about Dr Cohen, my surgeon is Jon Armstrong and I'm pretty sure he used to work with Dr Cohen.My op is at St Johns in Subi i love that hospital : ))
I can understand you wanting to have your op done now 12 months is a long time to wait. Hope all your application process goes thru smoothly and your weight loss continues I may need some luck in that area as well!! LOL

Sunnie : ))
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:15 am

Dr Leon Cohen operates out of Mercy and The Mount, my wife is already booked into the Mount :-)
Well my wife and I are looking at using our superannuation to have both our operations. We dont have private health and we know it would save us a lot of money waiting the 12 months and then doing all this however we both have the mind set to get into it and go from start to finish 110% so we opted to go with using our super. Mind you we have the letters we need but we need to apply still to have the ok for the super to be released and then it all depends on the finally price. if we have enough in the super the we wont be out of pocket at all :-) crossing fingers on that one. We have been putting money aside for all the initial stuff like $1000 covers dietians and physcian ect ect which is cool just makes the end total less which is what we need as we are gonna be pushing it with the super so yeah as i said cross fingers we wont be out of pocket.

how are you going with your weight loss sunnie ?
i dont know if i have lost much in the 6 days since starting all this however i know for a fact i feel F'n fantastic :-)
havent had this much energy in years im sleeping better and seem less stressed :-)
mind you maybe its the routine of this all which is helping me but yeah hopeing the next month or 2 of this continues this good and of course the weight loss.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 4:00 am

Hi Tiptopstheonemum thanks for the tip on the opti bars will try some of them as I'm sure that i'll get sick of the shakes quick. I hope that both you and your wife are able to get your surgery dates soon : )) Where does Dr Vohen operate out of? If you don't mind me asking how much will it cost you for your op with my phi I am looking at about 4,500 out of pocket.

Good luck with the weight loss

Sunnie come for the journey ! 180kg to ? 65317
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 2:56 pm

I Use to be a heavy drinker Jack Daniels and Coke min 4pack a day and 2litres of coke a day to, giving up the drink is hard like today sit down to watch the v8's supercars, instead jump up grab towel head to the pool for a swim.
Back to top Go down
tiptopstheonemum
tiptopstheonemum

Male

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 6:53 am

G'day Luke didnt realise mate we spoke a while back on chat lol :-)
mate well done with the optslim :-) really hope i can lose a few like you have.
and to answer chrisbychic's i have to lose 15 kilo and they have allowed me 6 weeks to do this, but i am really hoping that it will take no more than 4 weeks as from the day of the first appointment with the surgen i started the shakes and i go back i think almost 4 weeks to the day for the dietician and physical person and im really hoping that ive lost the 15 or well even more and can just squeeze in to Dr Cohen and just see if i can get a booking.

Joondalup, mate your the other end of the earth lol
im out cannington way (south lol)

have to atmitt one thing i love is how so many ppl are on here and so many are using different surgeons.
there is so much info on the surgeons but really when it comes down to it they are qualified to do this and they have jsut about all done it over 500 times and have learnt things along the way to make it work better and have a better surgical success rate.

any big plans for your birthday mate ! sorta sux not drinking aye ?
have to atmitt i got home from work and did the lawns and the fotty started and i thought ohh man how good would a beer go down right about now lol. but cant stray im on a plan and im sticking to it lol
how have you gone with drinking mate ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: come for the journey ! 180kg to ?   come for the journey ! 180kg to ? Empty

Back to top Go down

come for the journey ! 180kg to ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next