7 posters
AuthorMessage
innerninja
innerninja

Female
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-12-12

13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 10:04 pm

Hi Tazzy, thanks for you comment. well the weight loss is steady at about 1 kg a week also, I have just started week 5 and have lost a total of 10.5kgs. I am now happy with that and realise it wont happen over night but it will happen. I have also come to realise that the love-hate relationship I had with food was actually a hate-self harm relationship. I truly dont miss eating so much, I love being satisfied with small amounts! I am happy to announce that I will be starting 2014 in the 80's- yay. heres to good and steady journey
  13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  65317
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-07-04

PostSubject: Weight loss stalls    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

innerninja wrote:
Thanks so much for this thread. I had my sleeve done nov 26. So 2 1/2 weeks. I lost 3 kgs in week 1. 1 kg week 2, and nothing since. Maybe ive been kidding myself or unrealistic but I truly expected more. I have only just started on Mushie food and have been totally dedicated to my diet consuming 600 cals a day. I have started back at the gym and my heart rate monitor assures me I am burning on average 400 cals. Am I expecting too much? I would love to fast forward a few months and write to myself and say" see all that worry over nothing, your doing fine".
Hi Innerninja 

Hows the weight loss now - have things started to move again ? I am now 8.5 weeks out and am losing about 1kg a week. I hope things are going well for you and your energy is back and you are feeling well 

take care 

Tazzy
Back to top Go down
missmolly
Part of the furniture
missmolly

Female
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 3:10 am

Hi all,
Yes I too had one of those "OMG, that can't be it?!!" moments too, but like it's been said before, our bodies take a hell of a trip with this surgery, and it will take a while to get back into the swing of things, including your toilet habits. With the weather warming up, it could be possible that your body may be retaining fluid too, so that you don't dehydrate? (something to think on??). When I went to one of my follow-ups with my surgeon a couple of months back, this was his suggestion, and made sense to me when I sat down to think about it...sip,sip,sip.... and the numbers started dropping again, and trips to the toilet became more consistant (regular - if you want!) Don't lose heart, it will happen. Good luck to all ;)
Take care
Back to top Go down
kelw206

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 11:14 am

My weight loss really slowed down between weeks 2-4, I was in panic mode and went through the "OMG, I've failed at this too!" stage.  Once I start introducing more food into my daily intake the weight loss really took off.  For three weeks I've averaged between 800-900 calories and now, 7 weeks post op, I've lost nearly 17 kilos!

13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  878453 Even I can't get my head around that!

Unicorn Kelly
Back to top Go down
innerninja
innerninja

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 10:18 am

allaboutme wrote:
i have just had my 9month post op app today and i can tell you i have had many omg moments that i havent lost anything. i honestly thought i had lost nothing since my last app in August but was pleasantly surprised to day to find I had lost 4.5kg since then. I now have a healthy BMI of 28 and feel amazing.
dont be disheartened, you can not help but lose weight with a sleeve. just  remember the amount of food you used to eat and you will realise that it will happen. x

thanks so much for your response, I am working really hard at not getting my self down, there is nothing I want more than to loose the weight and regain some health. Already I have taken no diabetic meds since my procedure. I have been checking my blood sugar very regular and it hasn't gone over 5.4. I am very excited about that. I feel much better since reading your feed back and realise I have to be patient, after all it has taken me a life time to get here so I cant expect it to disappear over night, and BTW well done you must be so proud of your achievement so far 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  618285 
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 9:57 am

i have just had my 9month post op app today and i can tell you i have had many omg moments that i havent lost anything. i honestly thought i had lost nothing since my last app in August but was pleasantly surprised to day to find I had lost 4.5kg since then. I now have a healthy BMI of 28 and feel amazing.
dont be disheartened, you can not help but lose weight with a sleeve. just  remember the amount of food you used to eat and you will realise that it will happen. x
Back to top Go down
innerninja
innerninja

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 7:58 am

Thanks so much for this thread. I had my sleeve done nov 26. So 2 1/2 weeks. I lost 3 kgs in week 1. 1 kg week 2, and nothing since. Maybe ive been kidding myself or unrealistic but I truly expected more. I have only just started on Mushie food and have been totally dedicated to my diet consuming 600 cals a day. I have started back at the gym and my heart rate monitor assures me I am burning on average 400 cals. Am I expecting too much? I would love to fast forward a few months and write to myself and say" see all that worry over nothing, your doing fine".
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm

Thankyou Tazzy!! I feel really good! I still have a long way to go, but this is the lightest I have been in so long. More importantly I'm heaps happier in myself because I know this is the last time I have to do this! I have no regrets at all!
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female

PostSubject: Re Support    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 10:41 am

Tonibubble -Wow you are doing really well - that is an amazing amount of weight well done! 

You must have more energy and feel better I would imagine 

Hearing your weight loss is good - its something to look forward to.

Cheers Tazzy
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female

PostSubject: The yucky stuff   13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 10:38 am

elljay wrote:
That is a question I have been scared to ask! I didn't go for the first three days (I suppose being on fluids only will do that to you). But I am going more frequently now but I have awful diarrhoea (TMI) - but the nurse said this is normal.
Hi elljay 

Thanks for your honesty = I dont know whats worse not going or not stopping ! 

Hope it improves soon , really soon. 

How is your weight loss going ? 

Cheers Tazzy
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 9:52 am

Tazzy03 wrote:
Hi Toni bubble - when you say anything do you mean normal solids - what sort of quantity though , is it still 1/2 cup ? Are you happy with your weight loss so far ? 
'
Thanks for the reply.
Hi Tazzy, I can have about half a Lean Cuisine meal at dinner & I'm really full after that. I had my first piece of meat a couple of nights ago, and it didn't go down well at all. I think it was a bit too dry & I probably didn't chew it up well enough. I got horrible pains & felt yuck the rest of the night, so I don't think I'll try plain meat again for a bit, except maybe chicken.

I didn't go to the toilet for 10 days after the op, then I took dulcolax drops & finally went.

I had my op almost 2 months, plus the 2 weeks optifast, have lost 24kgs. I'm wrapped with that! I could never lose that much by myself in that time.  :)
Back to top Go down
elljay
elljay

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 6:25 am

That is a question I have been scared to ask! I didn't go for the first three days (I suppose being on fluids only will do that to you). But I am going more frequently now but I have awful diarrhoea (TMI) - but the nurse said this is normal.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 5:37 am

elljay wrote:
I wouldn't be too disheartened - I lost a bit of weight in the first week and basically nothing this second week! Pretty sure my body went into shock/starvation mode in the first week and that's why I lost the weight. Now that I'm onto mushy foods, I am pretty sure my body is taking up everything it possibly can from the food... :) 

I just think our bodies need time to adjust! They've definitely copped a beating so far. :P
Hi elljay - yes I am sure there must be some adjustment happening. 

Pretty awful question - but are you going to the toilet much ? That seems to be a bit slow too! 

Cheers
Back to top Go down
elljay
elljay

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 5:18 am

I wouldn't be too disheartened - I lost a bit of weight in the first week and basically nothing this second week! Pretty sure my body went into shock/starvation mode in the first week and that's why I lost the weight. Now that I'm onto mushy foods, I am pretty sure my body is taking up everything it possibly can from the food... :) 

I just think our bodies need time to adjust! They've definitely copped a beating so far. :P
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female

PostSubject: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 4:02 am

Hi Toni bubble - when you say anything do you mean normal solids - what sort of quantity though , is it still 1/2 cup ? Are you happy with your weight loss so far ? 
'
Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyFri 08 Nov 2013, 2:53 am

I've read lots of posts from people that are worried because their weight loss has stalled, even right near the start.
I seem to lose nothing for about a week, then suddenly lose 2 or 3 kgs in a day or two. I'm almost 2 months out & this has happened for me almost the whole way. I also keep a food diary & stay under 800cals a day, especially  as I can eat anything now.
Back to top Go down
Tazzy03
Tazzy03

Female

PostSubject: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  EmptyThu 07 Nov 2013, 11:08 pm

Hi all I had my sleeve surgery on the 28th October and lost a few kilos in the first week but for the last 7 days nothing ? Is this common. I am walking 3 kms every day and sticking to the diet. 

Would really appreciate your thoughts. 

13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days    13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days  Empty

Back to top Go down

13 Days out and have not lost any weight for 7 days
Page 1 of 1