AuthorMessage
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 10:23 am

HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? 217555 Glad to hear your somewhat better. I've been wondering how you.ve been doing.
Did most of it go ok?

Xx
Back to top Go down
Megan
Megan

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 9:16 pm

I am taking pariet (anti reflux) as prescribed.

Situation resolved this morning after 3 bouts of the runs (sorry TMI). No risk of constipation here. I have only had the one dose of panadeine on the advise of my surgeon (he was happy to let me have panadeine forte or endone that would've been MUCH tougher on my gut!!).

Now I just feel hungry lol, but I am sure that is more mind than matter!

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 12:05 pm

it so sounds like reflux, you need to phone your surgeon and tell them or your GP and get a script for some somac or something similar. You will probably need this for only a few weeks or months at most.

If you do NOT go to the loo for 2 days it is time to start taking something to help you go, dont leave it like some do for a week or more. The meds you are taking can make it very difficult.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:53 am

I didnt have anything like that post op, I hope you work it out and can get some uninterupted rest. Having to "eat" every hour shouldn't happen. Can you ring your surgeon and ask?
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:40 am

I'm not post-op, so I can't tell you about the pain, but as Mapmar says, be careful if your panadeine formulation contains condeine (usually "-deine" or "-fort")

Codeine can cause constipation, and probably more gut pain.

Good luck,

Dark
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:53 am

I would stay away from the panadieine as they may be a bit too strong on an "empty" stomach... stay with plain panadol.... also reflux meds as well.... good luck
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:35 am

The stiffness could be the gas escaping from your body. Mine was in my upper arm and just ached all the time. Even with pain meds it still ached. The only thing I could do was put a heat pack on and that just eased the ache.

Also your stomach will be swollen from surgery. This takes a while to go down depending on how well you heal. The insisions never gave me any trouble but I did have pain like cramping with the stomach itself. Thats why I thought the meds might help. Maybe you need something stronger?? I guess sipping on fluids regularly should help the stomach heal quicker.

Hope this helps but someone else might have some more ideas.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:28 am

Sounds more like reflux. Are you taking anything?
Back to top Go down
Megan
Megan

Female

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:24 am

Yes, still taking regular panadol or panadeine. It isn't my incisions that are sore, my tummy goes into these major hunger pains that are almost doubling me over at times. As soon as I get more fluids in, its all good again. So the only thing i can put it down to is tiny tum not liking being EMPTY? The overall soreness I think is just from sleeping in an uncomfy hospital bed for 3 days, 2 of them where I basically didn't move (almost comatose from the analgesia)!!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:18 am

Are you still taking pain relief. eg panadol 4 hourly. This should help and give you some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Megan
Megan

Female

PostSubject: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:35 am

I am finding I have a LOT of generalised stiffness throughout my body and that my tiny tum hurts if I go more than an hour or so (eg when I am asleep) without putting something in it.

I am going to set my alarm to go off hourly overnight just to avoid this HUGE discomfort I have discovered this afternoon when I had a nap.

Did anyone else encounter this or am I just lucky?? HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?   HELP PLEASE  4 days out and....? Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE 4 days out and....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: