Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 5:29 am

First topic message reminder :

The form and documentation have been sent off to APRA so *hopefully* I should know something about my fate in a few weeks. This is the really nerve wracking part - going to the surgeon was nothing compared to this!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fraggle

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 9:44 am

Peta wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am going through APRA as well. They rang me yesterday wanting more information, a Stat Dec, stating why I need to use my Super money and not go for a personal loan. I am so worried that they are going to reject me. They just don't get it. Times are tough and with 2 kids, who wants the burden of an extra loan to pay off when you have money, that is rightfully yours, sitting there??? I have booked my op for 27 April and started my Optifast yesterday. Pleeeaaassseee I need this !!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 697586

Have you got another way of paying for the surgery? Because I am due to pay my surgeon on the 16th May and I just worked out that the extra info I provided to them today won't be assessed and paid in time for that.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 9:41 am

*Lib* wrote:
Far out what a frig around, I hope they get it done in time for you!

I have worked it out that even if it only takes 3 weeks to be approved and another week for the letter to get to me and another week for my money to hit my account from my super fund, I still won't have the money in time to pay my surgeon. It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 68366

"Hi Mum, about that loan you mentioned..."
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: APRA PLAYING GOD   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 1:38 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am going through APRA as well. They rang me yesterday wanting more information, a Stat Dec, stating why I need to use my Super money and not go for a personal loan. I am so worried that they are going to reject me. They just don't get it. Times are tough and with 2 kids, who wants the burden of an extra loan to pay off when you have money, that is rightfully yours, sitting there??? I have booked my op for 27 April and started my Optifast yesterday. Pleeeaaassseee I need this !!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:27 pm

Oh Fraggle, I am feeling your pain!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 833240

Hubby got the phone call to say they wanted the GP's letter re-worded and was told to fax it back to them the next day. They said because my surgery was so close they would look at it straight away. We did this and rang and were told that it now goes back to be assessed in 2 weeks.
WTF!!!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 716201
So, we are waiting.....waiting.... and the new assessment date is Friday this week. My surgery is on Monday 18th so I have wonderful life saving parents who have put up their savings so that I didnt have to move my surgery date.
I am now worrying about the surgery and APRA too!!!

We will make it Fraggle and one day we will laugh at this..............one day.............maybe!!

Z It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

Far out what a frig around, I hope they get it done in time for you!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 8:07 am

brutal wrote:
Is your bmi high? If it is then it isn't a question.

Yep, 42.
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 8:01 am

Is your bmi high? If it is then it isn't a question.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 7:08 am

I just got a call from APRA and they need more information, so it's back to square one I go! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 595690 This means I'll now be cutting it fine to get the surgeon paid on time and it means that I won't have the money in time to pay the dietician. Good thing I left it with a bit of time to spare!

I rang my GP because I need the wording of my letter changed and he said he won't do it without seeing the letter from my surgeon because to say someone is suffering from a life threatening condition is a big call. So, back to my GP tomorrow to hopefully get the letter I need, and then it's just a matter of faxing off the stuff they requested.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:35 am

brutal wrote:
I just called APRA again and was told that my application is up for assessment tomorrow and to call back then, which I will do. I am at the stage of just calling every day as surgery is planned for next Monday.

I applied almost 3 weeks ago, I think this would be the 13th business day.

It's taken more than 15 for me so far. I do hope they get it done for you in time. I still have 7 weeks until my op (5 until I have to pay for it) so i have a bit of time, but if they say "You need to send us......." who knows how long that will take.
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:22 am

I just called APRA again and was told that my application is up for assessment tomorrow and to call back then, which I will do. I am at the stage of just calling every day as surgery is planned for next Monday.

I applied almost 3 weeks ago, I think this would be the 13th business day.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:10 am

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 217555 Fraggle, I feel your pain!

I was supposed to receive the letter from them Friday / today, nope still not here! Phoned them again and was told no sorry, it can take up to seven days. I have 11 working days until my op and MLC take 7-10 to process, and I need to pay the week before surgery (that is the short week between the long weekends) so the maths don't add up.
It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 81722

I now have permission to send in my MLC request form without the APRA letter and APRA are going to fax directly to MLC (mind you, they say that could take up to 48 hrs, but based on previous advice, who knows how long it will take!)

I certainly don't want a dead fraggle on anyone's hands ... Red was always my favourite!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 362526
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 5:02 am

So I was originally told I'd have an answer by Friday. I rang Friday, they told me to call Monday It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 595690

*insert agonisingly long weekend* It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 68366

Rang today. They told me my application would be assessed tomorrow. I said I'd call back tomorrow, they said make it Wednesday It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 833240

AAAAARGGGGHHHH!!!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 490917 The wait is killing me!!! Do they want to have a dead Fraggle on their hands?! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 833762
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 12:12 am

Fingers are crossed for you brutal ... the uncertainty is so stressful!

MLC told me they take 7 to 10 days to process the applications and for the money to appear in your bank account.

I hope Sunsuper can do something to expedite the process for you.

Raining loce
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 5:43 am

Hey Brutal, just to let you know that I'm going through SunSuper as well and when I called they said it takes about a week from the time they get your application for release of funds until the money hits your account.
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyFri 08 Apr 2011, 5:23 am

I just spoke to Apra, they have entered my application so I now have a number!

Catch is that they may not be doing the approval until next Tues/wed/thurs, I have to PAY my surgeon on Friday, Anaesthetist on Thursday.

I still need to get the letter express posted to me and Sunsuper said I can walk it into their office.

I am still hoping (against all the facts LOL) that I can get it through, if I postpone surgery it will be mths before I can do it again though, sigh, the timing was perfect for Monday week with school holidays and my sister due with a baby about 5 weeks after surgery (I'm her only family).

I've really appreciated seeing the timing of all of your approvals, it has made me think it's possible!
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 10:24 pm

that is Awesome news, not long to go now then to your new life.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 6:03 am

OMG yes!

There are no more obstacles ... it's real, it's happening!!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 6:02 am

Wooohoo! It's great to hear that you have been approved by the APRA Gods.
It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 314541
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 5:59 am

green stargazer wrote:
My APRA application has been approved

That's awesome news!!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 542174 You must be so relieved!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 5:57 am

I rang them today to get my reference number and they told me my application now won't be reviewed until Monday. They originally told me Friday. That's a whole weekend apart! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 68366
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 5:44 am

Isn't it a great feeling... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 5:40 am

I'm so glad you can't see me right now ... I can't stop crying ...

My APRA application has been approved
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 5:03 am

Right thats it... I haven't heard ANYTHING FROM THEM so i'm ringing them right now! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 68366
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 4:03 am

I just rang them and they said my application should be assessed by this week so I should ring back on Friday for an update!!! WOOFREAKINHOO!!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 542174 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 542174 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 2:14 am

Thats fantastic news :)
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 1:21 am

Spoke with APRA this morning, I have a reference number now! That means I'm in the system (one step closer!!!).

They also asked me to phone back TODAY with my RSE number from my Super Fund - something to do with the ABN and exact name - I'm with MLC and they appear to have many names and ABN's for different funds.

I was also told that my application will be assessed on Wednesday. Should they need more info, they'll try to phone me otherwise a letter will be sent asking for the details.

17/3 Application sent by email
22/3 Email confirmation re application received
1/4 Application entered
4/4 Phoned for reference number, RSE number provided
6/4 Application assessed
7/4 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 706350 Advised that application has been accepted!!! WooHoo ... you've gotta stay positive right!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next