12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptySun 01 May 2011, 5:03 am

Peta wrote:
Yes we found a nice home - and it is vacant, which means we were able to get both contracts to mirror each other. As long as everything goes smoothly settlement will be Mon 23 May, we will book Gormans and move on the Tues and I have booked to have sleeve on Wed 25 May! I can't beleive it - it is only about 3 weeks away. I'm sooooo excited. I went through my wardrobe today and got rid of 8 bags of clothes! New move - new me! Out with the old daggy baggy clothes I say.

That is fantastic news Peta, congratulations on all the changes to happen in your life :-)
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 8:45 am

Yes we found a nice home - and it is vacant, which means we were able to get both contracts to mirror each other. As long as everything goes smoothly settlement will be Mon 23 May, we will book Gormans and move on the Tues and I have booked to have sleeve on Wed 25 May! I can't beleive it - it is only about 3 weeks away. I'm sooooo excited. I went through my wardrobe today and got rid of 8 bags of clothes! New move - new me! Out with the old daggy baggy clothes I say.
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 8:18 am

Peta wrote:
I sent my APRA letter off to my super fund yesterday! I'm planning on having my surgery on 25 May! Not far away now. Settlement on our home is Mon 23 May, we will move on the Tuesday and I will have the sleeve on the Wednesday. That way all packed and moved before surgery. I will come out of hospital to a new home and a new ME!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 542174

Did you find a new place?
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 2:16 am

Hello Peta,

Good luck with your application. I faxed mine off on the 16th of April. It is supposed to take 5 days to get a confirmation that they recieved your application. I rang yesterday and they told me they were entering applications from the 14 yesterday. With the public holidays for Easter and ANZAC day I lost 3 working days.

I will probably ring next Friday to chek on things if I have not heard before then.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 10:13 pm

I sent my APRA letter off to my super fund yesterday! I'm planning on having my surgery on 25 May! Not far away now. Settlement on our home is Mon 23 May, we will move on the Tuesday and I will have the sleeve on the Wednesday. That way all packed and moved before surgery. I will come out of hospital to a new home and a new ME!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 542174
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 11:15 am

Fraggle wrote:
I think the word is "relief", Paity It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 2329

I'm going to be very happy when it's in there because then this whole anxiety-inducing affair will be over.

Of course it's a HUGE HUGE relief.... if your anything like me, being approved for something that you have wanted for a while and now it's going to happen is a really good feeling... :)
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 9:11 am

I think the word is "relief", Paity It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 2329

I'm going to be very happy when it's in there because then this whole anxiety-inducing affair will be over.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 9:05 am

Excellent News!!!!! It's such a good feeeling....

I received my cheque yesterday from my Superannuation Fund... WOoooooot
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 7:52 am

Thanks Terry It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 618285

I took my APRA letter in to Sunsuper today and they told me that by this time next week I will probably have the money in my account! YAY!!! That means I will be able to pay my surgeon on time (which I'm sure he'll be thrilled about too).
Back to top Go down
TerryN
TerryN

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 8:38 am

Congratulations fraggle on your news.
I am hoping there will be a school reunion for me sometime next year. I would love to go significantly smaller than I am now
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 8:28 am

*Lib* wrote:
Fraggle wrote:
*Lib* wrote:
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Bring on our 20 year school reunion :P It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314562

I don't know, do you think 4 years will be long enough to lose it?

Hehe, we'll be the foxy ladies of the class!

It took me 8 months Deb, 4 years will be plenty!

I was attempting sarcasm (and obviously not succeeding) LOL. We really need a wink emoticon on here.

I actually hope to have most of mine lost by Christmas (which will be almost 7 months).
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 8:08 am

Fraggle wrote:
*Lib* wrote:
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Bring on our 20 year school reunion :P It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314562

It took me 8 months Deb, 4 years will be plenty!
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

I'm so happy I could burst!!

I had booked my surgery date, but then cancelled it because I was getting mucked around by APRA. I'll wait till the money hits my account, then make another date. Because I live in a small city, my surgeon said the wait time will only be about 2-3 weeks for surgery once I ring.

I'm finally going to get my life back!!!!!!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 217555 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 65317 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 120705 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 842349 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 50622
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 7:29 am

*Lib* wrote:
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 7:26 am

Peta wrote:
Hey Fraggle

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The earth was probably moving because I have just gotten my approval too!!!! Just about 20 minutes ago!!!! I have been crying my eyes out ever since. My kids are asking me if I'm sad - and I'm telling them "no I am soooo happy!!!!!"

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 542174 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 120705
Thanks Peta, congratulations to you too! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 446871 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 217555

I haven't been crying but I have been smiling stupidly ever since I got the news. I'm at my folks' place at the moment and not wanting to say too much in front of them, I just said to my folks "APRA approved me". They knew what that meant.

Last edited by Fraggle on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 6:41 am

A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 6:29 am

I'm so happy for you both!!!!!

You're not alone Peta, I cried too ... the relief is overwhelming.

Raining loce
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 6:11 am

Hey Fraggle

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The earth was probably moving because I have just gotten my approval too!!!! Just about 20 minutes ago!!!! I have been crying my eyes out ever since. My kids are asking me if I'm sad - and I'm telling them "no I am soooo happy!!!!!"

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 542174 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 120705
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 5:51 am

I just thought I should let you know that's not an earthquake you're feeling, that's me jumping up and down because I got

APPROVED!!!!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 314541

Thank you APRA! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 749870 It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 362526

And everything I asked for too, not just partial.

June 1st here I come!!!
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 2:56 am

Sending positve vibes to the APRA gods for you all!!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 217555
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

I hope so too. I really need this. I love my children so much and I feel so guilty that I'm not the mum that they deserve. I have lost weight only to put it back on 2 fold year in year out. My thyriod has finally said enough is enough and now I seem to be stuck in this hideous body, doesn't matter what I do! I hope that you hear back from them earlier than you are expecting.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

I just know that when they rang me yesterday asking for more info I was told it would be another 3 weeks before it would be reassessed as they don't "hold onto cases" that have been looked and that there was a large number of cases to be approved at the moment. Maybe they'll try and rush yours given how close your surgery is. For your sake, I really hope they do.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 10:34 am

Are you serious Fraggle??? I rang APRA this afternoon to let them know that I had emailed my Stat Dec and I was told that I would get an outcome by Thursday afternoon. I hope that they aren't leading me on for disappointment. I want this surgery done yesterday!!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

Big Softie wrote:
Oh Fraggle, I am feeling your pain!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 833240

Hubby got the phone call to say they wanted the GP's letter re-worded and was told to fax it back to them the next day. They said because my surgery was so close they would look at it straight away. We did this and rang and were told that it now goes back to be assessed in 2 weeks.
WTF!!!! It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 716201
So, we are waiting.....waiting.... and the new assessment date is Friday this week. My surgery is on Monday 18th so I have wonderful life saving parents who have put up their savings so that I didnt have to move my surgery date.
I am now worrying about the surgery and APRA too!!!

We will make it Fraggle and one day we will laugh at this..............one day.............maybe!!

Z It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 217555

I needed the reworded GP letter too! Turns out he didn't put "life threatening condition" in the original and I needed a schedule of appointments for the dietician as well. APRA rang me yesterday, I faxed them in today. But I hated waiting the first 3 weeks, the second 3 weeks is going to be agony! My folks will loan me the money if APRA doesn't come good in time for me to pay the surgeon - gotta love the parentals!

Softie, I hope you and I can sit down together one day and laugh our skinny arses off about it (but until then I'm stressin')
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 9:44 am

Peta wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am going through APRA as well. They rang me yesterday wanting more information, a Stat Dec, stating why I need to use my Super money and not go for a personal loan. I am so worried that they are going to reject me. They just don't get it. Times are tough and with 2 kids, who wants the burden of an extra loan to pay off when you have money, that is rightfully yours, sitting there??? I have booked my op for 27 April and started my Optifast yesterday. Pleeeaaassseee I need this !!

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! 697586

Have you got another way of paying for the surgery? Because I am due to pay my surgeon on the 16th May and I just worked out that the extra info I provided to them today won't be assessed and paid in time for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!   It's in the hands of the APRA gods now! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's in the hands of the APRA gods now!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next