AuthorMessage
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 4:25 am

Thank you for the encouragement- I started back at the gym today (they have a good deal at the moment only $46 per/mth for full use of facilities) planning to do aquafit on Thursday. Have made appt to see surgeon next Wed 2nd march. And have strated keeping a food diary, drinking more water and eating more protein.
Nicola
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 8:55 am

Protein dense foods contain greater amounts of protein in grams versus other nutrient components, namely fat and carbohydrate. Meats such as lean beef, chicken, lamb and turkey are protein dense. There are also protein dense foods that come from plant sources including nuts, nut butters, seeds, beans and tofu. Fish is high in protein, and along with nuts, also contains healthy fats.

Including more protein dense foods from plant sources is a healthy way to get necessary protein and improve health. Nuts such as cashews, pecans and peanuts, and seeds such as pumpkin and sunflower are great to snack on throughout the day. They add more protein to your diet, and instead of unhealthy saturated fat that accompanies many protein dense meats.

hope this helps
shelly
Back to top Go down
comet

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 6:53 am

Zoe what are some examples of denser protein?
Back to top Go down

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 6:00 am

Nicola, don't 'go away' again. I sense this site is a guilty-free place, as in no one is a guilty party. Our work on weight reduction does not end with the operation. That was a revelation to me, i.e. I watch what we eat before the operation and then I watch what we eat after the operation.

Of course, if you want advice, I have it, as it is the same advice I need daily - protein! The denser the better.

All the best,

Zoe

Back to top Go down
James
Sponsor
James

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 12:24 am

thanks Janette.

James.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renshiforex.com
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 12:19 am

Having been sleeved over a year now, I can see how easy it would be to fall back into old habits and gain weight.

Grazing/snacking is the worst!!

Last week I think I grazed all week, put on 2 kgs in a week!
Thats how easy it is Weight gain  878453

So chrysalis seeing what you have been going through I can understand.
But I think staying away for the scales hasn't helped.

I NEED to weight myself EVERYDAY!
Its the shock of the scales going up that pull me into line.

Please go see your surgeon/dietician and have those bloods done.
Take care.

Weight gain  217555 Weight gain  217555

James. Check on how much protein you are eating! No energy and being tired could be a sign of not enough protein.
Back to top Go down
James
Sponsor
James

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 12:04 am

Hey there. I too am worried alittle as I have been eating more than I think I should be able to. I had put on 1kg, yes 1 but to me I should still be going down. I lost the 1kg as of this morning. I have not lost any weight in the past three weeks.

I am weighing myself every day to make sure I am not putting any on. Started walking more quickly to walking music I bought. Although very tired again lately. Sleeping alot.

Anyone have any ideas, as I dont want to put any on and keep on getting smaller. Very frustrated at the moment.

James.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renshiforex.com
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 12:56 pm

Hey Nicola

Ialso have gained weight 10kgs over 6 months been through alot and got back into old habits am getting better and have lost 2kgs in the last couple of weeks not alot but its better than going up anymore
Hey chick i dont have your number anymore as i lost my other ph but i still have same number if you want to ring me
Say hi to daniel for me hope to hear from you soon

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Weight gain    Weight gain  EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 12:50 pm

Hello,
I know it's ages since I've been on here. What with one thing and another last year it all got too much- anyway I have some not such good news as you will see from the title. I have had significant weight gain- due in part to medications, grazing unhealthy food, inactivity, depression, hormones, 3 major surgeries etc etc can go on making excuses doesn't make it any better. I eventually lost 25kgs and have now re-gained 17kgs I hadn't dared go on the scales for months and months and when I did I was so shocked Weight gain  427584 Weight gain  878453 I've had to go and buy big clothes again as I had got rid of my big ones not thinking I would ever need them again.

Anyway, I have emailed my surgeon and he has encouraged me to have my bloods done and make an appointment to see him, so I need to get up the courage and go and see him to see what he has to say.

Nicola
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight gain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain    Weight gain  Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight gain
Page 1 of 1