Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyFri 24 Oct 2008, 8:08 pm

Thanks, Charmaz. And I hope WW helps you, too.
Chris
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: re weight gain   Weight gain??? EmptyFri 24 Oct 2008, 10:35 am

Yeah I agree...most of us know every diet there is under the sun. I suppose I find counting easier!

Hope everything goes well for you!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyFri 24 Oct 2008, 8:49 am

Yes, you guys are right, but I really, really, really don't want to have to start counting calories or doing points again if I can help it!
I know what foods to eat and what not to eat, and portion control isn't really an issue any more, so I should be able to do it myself - I hope I'm not kidding myself here, though!
I'll take it easy, see how the weight goes over the next few weeks, and then - and only if I have to - will I resort to counting!
Weight gain??? 314562
Chris
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: regarding avioding weight gain   Weight gain??? EmptyFri 24 Oct 2008, 5:48 am

I found that cause i was eating so little I wasnt really looking closely at what I was eating. I actually jumped back into weight watchers recently to track what sort of food I was eating and its points value. I am doing much better now. I could have easily put on weight a kilo or two as I wasnt really looking at the kj value. I have now focussed more about eating all food groups each day and tracking the amount of water I am drinking also. I have found that this helps me alot. Even though I put on 100g one week I did not fret as I knew that my kj intake was controlled and I would lose the weight in the weeks following because of that. I found that tracking the kj value is helping me not to have to worry about any associated weight gain via greater intake of sodium or otherwise. I could not care how much I weigh now somewhat...I am just so happy to finally be under some sort of self control when it comes to food.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyFri 24 Oct 2008, 12:07 am

Chris - Figure out how many calories you are eating before you beat yourself up about eating more.... if more is 1200 calories then you will continue to lose weight only slower. Weight gain??? 842349
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyThu 23 Oct 2008, 8:56 pm

Hey, you guys are giving me nightmares! LOL
Last night I dreamed about weighing myself and losing weight (haven't lost much over the last few weeks, just a few hundred grams).
Unfortunately, it's not fluid retention - it's just that I can eat more now, and am doing so. Must stop now!
Chris
Back to top Go down
holly369
holly369

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyThu 23 Oct 2008, 7:23 am

I am sure it is fluid retention. Because if I forget to take my high blood pressure pill (and it has a diuretic in it) I will gain as much as 2-3 lbs. But when I take it the next day, it comes back off. Up and down and then down it goes is the way it seems. It also seems that if I'm good about drinking water, it goes down.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyThu 23 Oct 2008, 4:27 am

Sometimes I gain as well, but I put it down to fluid retention. The other day I gained 1kg which stayed for two days and annoyed me no end, then this morning I lost that 1kg plus another 1kg, so I think it is pretty normal to fluctuate from 1 day to the next. Although it's probably best to only weigh once a week so that you don't see those daily fluctuations, I can't help myself and have to weigh every day, so I guess I shouldn't beat myself up about it too much.
Back to top Go down
suze100

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyThu 23 Oct 2008, 4:18 am

Oh My goodness I don't want to gain weight but I know what you mean I am not going as often either to get rid of fluid......3 weeks since op.
Back to top Go down
hayley_james
hayley_james

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 12:59 pm

Grrrrr...... Jumped on the scales today expecting to see a loss......It didn't happen, instead I find I put on nearly a 1kg...... Grrrrr..... So disappointed.....
Back to top Go down
dragonrider
dragonrider

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 10:30 am

aaah - the sodium stance sounds logical cos i certainly haven't been going to the loo as much - will keep an eye on that!

thanks for the replies - its nice to know i'm not alone!

Cheers all
DR
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 1:14 am

Dear Dragon Rider and All,

I am fairly sure you are not putting on weight. What you are doing is putting more sodium into your body than you were putting in when you were just on fluids. Try tracking this - keep a running total of how much sodium you are putting in - it is probably substantial. Lots of mushies like canned soup, cottage cheese, stews, etc contain unbelievable amounts of sodium. The sodium makes you retain water. If it makes you feel any better I put on 16 pounds worth of fluid in the 48 hours I spent in the hospital - and that was at a time when I was eating absolutely nothing and taking in nothing but Propel. Once the sodium goes out, so too will the fluid go out.

Good luck and let me know if my hypothesis is right.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 12:47 am

*hand up* of course I thought I was the ONLY one hehehehe it came off with its friends of course :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 11:24 pm

Hi Dragonrider
Don't worry about it. I have had a few weeks when I've put on a little, but then a week or two later it comes off with extra.
The same with stalling, where I am at the moment.
It's hard to get used to - my first thought is always "I knew it was too good to last - here it comes back on again", but that doesn't happen.
Chris
Back to top Go down
dragonrider
dragonrider

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 10:37 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else gained weight when they went from 'nutritional fluids' (eg optifast, yoghurt etc) to the 'mushies' stage?

I've put on weight since the change over and am not impressed!!!! Eating stuff all so how can i put on weight?

Very annoyed
DR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight gain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain???   Weight gain??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight gain???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: