Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?

Go down 
+2
soulcatcher
Truckette
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Truckette
Truckette

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:16 am

Thanks everyone. I'm supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks but have found that I just can't survive on liquids. I'm always hungry so I gave in and started to eat more pureed and mashed up stuff for dinner. It is going down well and filling me up which is good. I'm still having my protein shake for breakfast and a soup for lunch though. I'm just a bit worried about stretching my new and improved belly. I have noticed that some dr's put their patients onto pureed food alot sooner than 2 weeks post op so I'm guessing that I couldn't be doing too much damage.
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 9:23 pm

Truckette I went through exactly the same thing in fact even had to wake and eat during the night for a while there.. it was bizarre- I had to eat to loose weight. It settles down, don't worry. Listen to your body and just eat small amounts of protein every couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Truckette
Truckette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 6:09 am

thanks for that antsinpants. That really does make sense. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:46 am

Reflux can cause "hunger pains".
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 3:39 am

You need to read this thread!!!

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t4248-empty-gut-syndrome-explained-interesting?highlight=empty
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:48 am

It takes a while for the grehlin to get out of your system (that is the hunger hormone). And at that stage post-op it is probably a good reminder to have a little bit to eat. I vaguely remember I had the same issue.

So normal I think.
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:48 am

Hiya,

A little, but then I realise I haven't drunk much so I drink some water, have a cuppa and I'm good.
Depends on how filling the prev meal was.
Didn't eat after 7 last night, woke at 3 with tummy rumbling . . . Wasn't sure if it was thirst, drank and waited a while. . . Then had protein drink and could go back to sleep.

:-)
Karyn
Back to top Go down
Truckette
Truckette

Female

PostSubject: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:32 am

I'm now 11 days post op and I am finding that every couple of hours I am hungry again. Is anyone else like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?   Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only 1 feeling hungry every couple of hours?
Page 1 of 1