Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 4:53 pm

Hi Wanabthin. Don't lose heart. I guarantee that if you keep doing the right things you will get the results you require. A plateau can be very frustrating I know. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 7:07 am

Hi.
I'm nearly 7 weeks out and yes I do still get hungry. Unfortunately. I hoped it would be non existent but I think it's the luck of the draw. Some are very lucky and never feel hunger again. Some don't initially but it does come back later on.

I have felt it from about 4 days post op. It is definitely not like hunger with a normal stomach though and if you ignore it you don't end up feeling nauseous or dizzy. So that's one good thing.

Apparently the Ghrelin can hang around for a while so you may be lucky and it will disappear for you. I have days were I don't feel hungry and days when I'm starving. Luckily a little mouthful of something or a drink of water or cup of coffee eases the pangs very quickly. It is more than manageable.

You have probably reached the dreaded plateau so don't worry. Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will start to fall off again. Even though the scales might not be giving you good results you are more than likely still losing cms.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
wanabthin
wanabthin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-05

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 6:49 am

Hi guys
I am 5 weeks post op and just wanted to know if anyone still feels hungry at this stage. My weight loss has stopped (even though I have 25kgs to go) im eating healthy (no junk) so whats going on? Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
NanJo
NanJo

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-09

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptySat 23 May 2009, 12:51 am

Sometimes I think I'm hungry but then when I really listen, it's a voice (sorry Mum!) telling me that I have to eat something!
feeling hungry 697586
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 2:03 pm

Sometimes I think I'm hungry, but I think its actually acid so I have an antacid like Zantac and that usually fixes it sometimes. If it doesn't it because I am hungry or I'm thirsty.

So my checklist is
Drink some water
Have a small glass of milk
Take an antacid
Eat something usually yoghurt, fruit, 2 cruskits with some Hommus.

After the milk its usually okay
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 12:30 am

Yep I am hungry all the time, which I didn't expect. I wake up hungry, I go to sleep hungry, but its more an empty feeling and my tummy doesnt growl anymore!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 3:57 pm

My hubby says I eat like a budgie small meals often. Well I don't eat that often but when we are on the bike , for a big ride it does seem like that .1st two stops have a drink then next have a bite to eat , then back to drinking, then getting very annoyed cause I am thirsty on the next stop but need to eat too. To solve this dilemma I have brought one of those flip helmets and a small cooler bag, so I am going to pack my drink and sambo in that ,every time I think of it makes me laugh.just imagine driving behind and watching the pillion on the bike in front having a snack while riding along.Gotta look a site. Next ride I shall try my idea out. I do hope it works as the helmet because me a bit.lol.and had to get new communication piece for the open type helmet.Yeah he can't get away from me nagging..oooh did I say that. chatting I mean...lol
Back to top Go down

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 11:46 am

i have days I feel more hungry than other days when I dont feel hungry at all and end up having one meal in that day. I have no explanation for it
Back to top Go down
annmjohnston

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-01

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 8:12 am

hi thanks all. I thought the same... ie eating small regular meals. so will change my plan and do that. I have wondered if they were all in my head but they feel so much in my stomach, but you never know. regards Ann
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 7:14 am

You could try having 5 to 6small meals a day instead of just three i dont suffer hunger except some head hunger at times but eating smaller meals more frequently should keep you from feeling any hunger

Cheers Sue feeling hungry 63412
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 6:01 am

Hopefully Hayley will see this one and reply.Poor bugger had lots of problems with hunger after he sleeve op.
Maybe it is head hunger too. you know when your head knows that you have not had enough to eat and tells you your hungry but really aint?
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 4:11 am

Yes i too know what you mean, I could go forever and not eat if I was kept occupied, but I do fnd more so in the morning I have an empty feeling, even tummy grumbles.

Max
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 4:08 am

I wouldn't call it hungry - not ravenous anyway. But I do get an empty feeling!!!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 4:08 am

Hi Ann. I get hungry sometimes too but not nearly as often as I used to. If you feel hungry a couple of hours after eating try a milky coffee or some other drink. That usually tides me over until it is time for my next meal.
Back to top Go down
annmjohnston

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-01

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: feeling hungry   feeling hungry EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 3:51 am

Hi all, does anyone have that feeling hungry sensation. not sure if that is what it really is. As I know we are not supposed to feel that way. just everynow and then. I also notice that after a meal maybe 1 or 2 hours after I get that sensation again as if I need to have a lot of small meals rather than 3 main meals. I say main but you all know what I mean. thanks Ann

Sleeved on 20th March 2009 94kg
todays weight 21/05/2009 78kg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeling hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling hungry   feeling hungry Empty

Back to top Go down

feeling hungry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: