Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 8:26 pm

Everyone's different - some feel hunger, and others feel they have to force themselves to eat.
Hunger is a subjective thing, too - compared to pre-op, has it changed for you????
And with the tiny tummy, it's a hunger that's much more easily appeased, so that's gotta be a good thing.
As to amounts, I could never eat as much as others at first. Different story now, though! LOL
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

I was and still get hungry! I eat small amounts and often and I do know that if I don't include a solid protien I don't stay full for long. Some mornings I just don't feel hungry at breakfast so I'll have a weetbix say about 7.00 amish ... I am usually hungry by 8.30 amish or maybe a little later by 9.00 am. So I try to have meat or cheese on toast for morning tea.

I have seen people post elsewhere over the past year saying they never feel hungry and I started to feel very down and deperssed about feeling hungry and at times I felt as though people were trying to convince me it was purely reflux and not hunger but almost year from surgery I can tell you it is hunger ... reflux doesn't cause migraines or make me feel a little wobbly and annoyed.

If anything about the surgery I regret or get annoyed about is bloody hunger ... I was told that that feeling would go forever and it hasn't.

So to avoid a migraine and overeating when I do get hungry I try to have little good snacks on hand ... nuts, dried apricots or a pre-mixed packet of say something like Ducks Nuts ... I flavoured milk if I'm near a shop or supermarket ... I can only drink a kids sized one (300 mls) so I don't worry about the sugar content etc ... I try to keep protien in every meal but as I said, sometimes I just don't feel like it.

So yeah, even twelve months on I still get hungry and I am just trying to accept that it is a part of life still but at least my itty bitty stomach keeps that hunger beast at bay!
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptySat 28 May 2011, 11:17 am

hi there,

it could also be a bit of reflux too.....it is the same feeling. luckily dine having the surgery I have never felt hungry, but I get a funny feeling in my stomach when I need to eat.
Back to top Go down
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptySat 28 May 2011, 8:54 am

Thanks Peta!

Looks like I am only eating half of what I could be to fill my tummy. We werent given this information in detail, so will up my puree.

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to feel the hunger, but apparently it is not uncommon...
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptySat 28 May 2011, 8:08 am

Hi, I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm getting sleeved on Wednesday. My dietician gave me a pamphlet and this is what it says you can have from day 8 (the below is for Optifast and you have water at the same rate) (Remember to sip your fluids) :

Day 8: 180 ml at a time
Day 9: 200 ml at a time
Day 10: 210 ml at a time
Day 11: 220 ml at a time
Day 12: 230 ml at a time
Day 13: 240 ml at a time
Day 14: 250 mla at a time
Day 15: Progress to pureed phase

Hope this helps. I can't imagine what it is going to be like on "the other side". I'm hoping that I don't get those hunger pangs, but that's probably a bit niave. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! EmptySat 28 May 2011, 5:42 am

I know there are a few people out there who have said they have been "hungry" sometimes.

I am starting my second week post op and I feel the need to have some Opti or something other than water every couple of hours! It doesnt feel all that much different from hunger.

I am wondering just how common this really is, and have most gotten past this stage? Still only having 100mls at each meal (1/2 an Optifast breaky, morning tea, lunch and dinner with some yoghurt or milk in afternoon), just to be safe and not push the boundaries, is this enough and will it increase quickly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!   Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours! Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting 2nd week Post op and hungry every two hours!
Page 1 of 1