Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 7:55 am

Congrats on the exercise- especially the jogging Janey. Maybe you should wear protective goggles next time LOL.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 3:08 pm

Thanks for that Deb. Just as well I've started a regular exercise programme now. Very timely.

I have to share....I even jogged today on the Wii Fit....not a pretty sight and nearly gave myself 2 black eyes, but lasted the whole course. Go me.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 12:44 pm

Hey Janey (and anyone else who is interested), I did an internet search on fish oil and weight loss after reading FG's comments. Yes it's true but the catch is that the fish oil also needs to be taken while undertaking regular exercise. Apparently the fish oil aids and increases circulation of blood to the muscles during exercise which somehow assists in elimination of fat. Without exercise it didn't really seem to help weight loss but of course is still great for skin, joints, brain, mood etc so I guess you can't go wrong taking it either way :)
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 7:26 am

It seems to all depend on the day for me. Some days I get really hungry and others I don't. Unfortunately when I exercise I do get hungrier. I wish I had the problem of having to reming myself to eat. Oh well we get what we get and you just have to make the best of it.

Eating small and often seems to be the way to go and funnily I find myself hungrier first thing in the morning than at night. I never miss breakfast and I'm always hungry for it. I just try to make sure that anything going into my mouth is healthy and nutritious.

I've started on the fish oil capsules, thanks for the tip FG, and I'm hoping they and the exercise is going to kick start the weight loss again.

Oh and btw I'm sick of Winter too....but just the rainy, miserable days. It's sunny and beautiful here in Perth today and I'm thoroughly enjoying the change.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 3:51 am

I've got to agree with you about being over winter. Roll on spring!
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 1:04 am

I too have found it hard to eat stuff this week, not sure if its the cold weather/sunshine or im dreaming it, but most of this week i have struggled to eat especially breakfast, and after a cuppa tea and some water, I have had it around 10am, with lunch around 1-2pm, and i have dinner about 6pm, and a snack of cheese or some rice cakes around 8-9pm. its nice to not be hungry, but annoying to not be able to consume, and feel lack of energy for it. hoping it will pass, and GOSH IM OVER WINTER! I've never been so cold in all my life!
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi Rubenesque,

I am so happy. I went to the doctors and its just a bladder infection. I am on antibiotics and it should clear up shortly. I totally know how you are feeling with the hunger and blood pressure. I had to come off of my blood pressure medicine because I was almost passing out when I stood and yesterday it was 100/70. that's great for me. I actually laid in bed one night with my husband sobbing because you could just hear my stomach growling and I was just starving. I thought something went wrong with the surgery because my doctor said I wouldn't be hungry anymore and I was. I was so disappointed that it didn't work but about 6-7 weeks later, I realized I was having to remind myself to eat. It just disappeared like that. Just sit tight, it definitely gets better. Even today, I had to go force myself to eat breakfast because it's lunch time. LOL Best wishes to you and keep your chin up. Non-hungry days are around the corner.

Rubenesque wrote:
Hi Suzie 002
I was sleeved 9 days ago and I am struggling with the raging hunger. It is so difficult to eat enough at this stage comfortably that I am slacking off and eating stuff I shouldn't e.g. creme caramel sigh.....
I realise intellectually that I am still healing and things will get better however I do find it hard to constantly thinking about what I can eat. especially when I go out.
I tried to puree meat but now it revolts me to even think about it.

Still having problems with low blood pressure also which in turn affects my energy and makes me look like a ghost :)

I defintely think you need to see a doctor- your kidneys may be having a hard time too. I noticed that when I did not drink enough my urine was really dark. Not sure of the science but I know as a diabetic I have to watch that because of the link with diabetes and kidney's.

You would have seen the Doc by the time you read this so I hope I am not freaking you out.

Hope it can be sorted soon.

Rubenesque
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: This is off topic but - where did my ticker go?   Ups and Downs EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 2:48 pm

Can anyone tell me where my ticker went ? That is twice that it has disappeared ....................
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: feeling hungry   Ups and Downs EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 2:46 pm

Hi Suzie 002
I was sleeved 9 days ago and I am struggling with the raging hunger. It is so difficult to eat enough at this stage comfortably that I am slacking off and eating stuff I shouldn't e.g. creme caramel sigh.....
I realise intellectually that I am still healing and things will get better however I do find it hard to constantly thinking about what I can eat. especially when I go out.
I tried to puree meat but now it revolts me to even think about it.

Still having problems with low blood pressure also which in turn affects my energy and makes me look like a ghost :)

I defintely think you need to see a doctor- your kidneys may be having a hard time too. I noticed that when I did not drink enough my urine was really dark. Not sure of the science but I know as a diabetic I have to watch that because of the link with diabetes and kidney's.

You would have seen the Doc by the time you read this so I hope I am not freaking you out.

Hope it can be sorted soon.

Rubenesque
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 2:09 pm

I go to the doctor tomorrow and I can't wait. It's such a pain in the neck feeling this way. My surgeon first said I am not drinking enough but I drink at least a gallon over the course of the day so I think that is enough. I hope she can give me something tomorrow to fix it. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 7:32 am

Do get to the Doctor Suzie....sounds like a bladder infection to me too.

Great news about your weight loss. Congratulations.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:10 am

Hi Suzie,

I am glad to hear you are going to see your doctor as your symptoms have me concerned and no I don't think they are normal for post op at all.

I hope you mean Wednesday this week. I don't want to panic you but if an infection makes it from the bladder to the kidney then things can get really unpleasant - its happened to me (unrelated to the sleeve) and it was really painful. I'm glad to say I made a full recovery
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 12:21 am

I am looking forward to Christmas too. Actually Thanksgiving when I see my parents for the first time since about 6 months before I started. I am having trouble going to the bathroom. I feel like once a week I am getting some kind of urinary tract infection or something. I am not sure if it's from a catheter or something. Then I don't go to the bathroom, get really swollen and gain about 8 pounds in a day. I am going to my regular doctor on Wednesday to see if she can give me something. I know too much info but has anyone else had a problem with urinating since surgery? I always feel like I have to go and then a drop comes out and I am still bloated beyond belief. I thought it was originally from coming off of my blood pressure pills but my bp is fine and with the urge so frequently, I know it's something else. Please tell me that this will go away. Ups and Downs 697586
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 11:58 pm

I was sleeved a month after you and since the operation I am down about 5kg in 5 weeks. I did loose about 15kg pre-op.

Often I feel like you describe but I keep saying to myself that the weight did not go on quick and for my own health its better to come off slow and steady than super fast anyway. Overall I feel better than I thought I would for such a small food intake. I am up to people seeing the difference and the positive responses is encouraging.

I see this as a journey and like all road trips it will have bumps in the road but as long as i keep travelling along eating right, not overeating, exercising as I can in the end I will make it.

I have been focusing on where I would like to be by Christmas and summer. Thinking about this long term rather than short term and weighing myself everyday staring at the scales like it will all fall off overnight. It wont.

I am working on making all meals health and with low fats and carbs. I try to eat normally just smaller.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 9:01 pm

Ditto what Chris said Suzie, you have done incredibly well. This is an emotional journey so fluctuations in mood are completely normal. Plus most of us were emotional eaters in the first place- only makes sense that we have emotional issues to deal with post-op.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 8:45 pm

Gee, Suzie, 51 lbs in such a short time - well done, and any wonder you're feeling up and down!
Don't forget that you're going through massive changes that would cause anyone to feel that way, and you're still post-op too.
I'm glad that you're not feeling so hungry any more, and good on you for getting in that exercise.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I started my post op diet on May 12th right after my first visit with my surgeon. I had my surgery on May 28th. Since the 12th, I have lost a total of 51 pounds. I am happy with that but I have had some ups and downs. I went from being extremely hungry initially and being down because I was told I wouldn't feel hungry anymore to finally not feeling hungry at all last week. I guess the hormone finally wore off. I struggle to exercise and try to fit it in at least 3 times a week. I seem to struggle here and there with the scale. It's only been a couple of months and I was hoping to hear how everyone did at this point and if they experienced highs and lows in the process. I have read the entire thread and know that people have, I just thought it would be easier to ask for the new sleevers if they are happy with their results and what they might be and any other feedback you can give about your experience.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ups and Downs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ups and Downs   Ups and Downs Empty

Back to top Go down

Ups and Downs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: