Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick

Go down 
+3
mapmar
Shazbotzski
Buzz25
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

Hi guys

Yes, sometimes it takes a long time to figure out what amount of food is right for us - and some days we can fit more in, and some days we can fit less in. And we can definitely fit in more 'soft' foods than dense ones. Oh, and heaps more sugar, too.

Definitely do what Countrygirl has suggested, and Mapmar too - this way, you should be able to read your body's new signals.

It's hard for us to adjust to our new tummies, and get our heads around how little we need to eat. Don't go back for that little bit later on - not only have you had enough already, but it will help re-train your brain to stop snacking after a meal.

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Wow I thought I was the only one that had no idea what my full 'signal' is - I seem to be able to eat way too much with no signal, then eat one bite too much and then everything comes back up.

I think I will try the cup of food thing and go from there
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

I would say just put a cup full of food on your plate. Just eat that. If its too much and you feel full and/or sick then reduce the amount you eat until you can visually see what amount of food you can get in. I found it was always better to just eat a small portion and try to be satisfied with that rather than just stuff myself until I was full. We got overweight because we have an eating disorder. The sleeve is just a tool. It won't work if you consistantly overeat or snack alot. I know I am struggling with snacking too often at the moment and it has crept back on a bit.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:24 am

My full sign is when I burp.

Mind you I can still eat after this, BUT will pay for it 15-20 minutes later with pain from being overfull. So once I burp, thats it, no more!!
Back to top Go down
Buzz25

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:21 am

I will look out for more of my body signs :) I wish I could burp - I used to be able to but now I can't at all :(
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:10 am

Do you get any signs like

do you get pain in your back?
do you hiccup?
do you burb?
do you get a runny nose?
do you get pain in your shoulder/shoulder blade?
Also - reflux could be a problem - check your medications and talk to your surgeon/gp.

there are a lot of different signs that people get to note there full feeling. Really listen to your body and you may find yours.

Mine is a sensation right at the top of my throat, I then know I can fit anymore in at all!
Back to top Go down
Shazbotzski
Part of the furniture
Shazbotzski

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:09 am

Are you on any reflux meds? Cos reflux will give you all of those symptoms. If you are on meds - change them they are not working, if you are not on meds, get some!! I would speak to my doctor about it, But that is what it sounds like. Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Buzz25

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 5:49 am

Hi all,

It's been 5 months since my surgery, I was 155, now 115. The last month has been all over the place with my weight, some weeks I have lost 2kg, others i have put on 3kg!!!! What the heck is going on?!?!
I am eating regularly, however I am not feeling full, then one or two bites later I feel as though I have eaten a christmas dinner, so full that all I want to do is throw it back up - sometimes I do have a small amount of.. i think kind of regurgitation - only a small amount though.
I feel full up to my throat and it takes hours to feel better again - for those couple of hours I cant even have a drink of water, because it hurts my stomach - feels like its stretching :(

I know the tip is to slow down my eating, and i have tried that - even if i wait 30 mins and then have another bite, thats it, i'm past my limit! It's as though my body has forgotten to switch on the "feeling satisfied/full button"!

Any tips would be appreciated - am I the only one this happens to?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick   5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick Empty

Back to top Go down

5 months out since surgery and having problems with not feeling satisfied, then feeling FULL and wanting to be sick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: