11 posters
AuthorMessage
Carly
Carly

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-07-29

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 5:24 am

Welcome Melissa,

Firstly, I'm sorry you had a crappy time at the party, and I hope your foot/ankle is ok!

Secondly, I take back the sorry bit cause I'm glad it happened to make you come and join us, lol (joke).

Ask us anything you like, doesn't matter how personal on here as I can assure you, someone has seen it, heard it, done it or experienced it ;)

I hope your appointment goes well and your surgeon is as fantastic as mine ;)
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 4:00 am

Hi Melissa,

Welcome and sorry for the hijack of your diary! keep going- would love to see your story unfold.

I wish when I was your age the sleeve had been around and I had been smart enough to do it! I am 3.5 months out and at 53 I am now feeling like an 18 year old!

Like you I worried about chairs to sit on and getting down to sit on the ground was out of the question. I was ashamed of myself and so many things were impossible because of my size. Now can you believe I am doing sit ups on the floor ? I have ceased blood pressure medication (after 17 years!) and feel so much happier in myself because I am not beating myself up all the time for failing diets and just loving the freedom which comes with downsizing.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
thornlady

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-01

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 1:56 am

Hi Melissa
I am 4 and a half weeks post surgery and my starting weight was the same as yours 145kgs and I am the same height 165cm although i am 38 years old. This is the best thing I have ever done, this morning I weighed 129.8kgs and already I feel so much better. I haven't ever lost this much weight and I have tried every diet that you can imagine over the last 18 years.
My sister had this operation done 2 years ago and she has had amazing results, she is like a different person not only in body but in everyway, it was like she was reborn and I just woke up one day and thought I don't want to feel like this anymore, I too want to live.
Good luck with everything, i felt it was all a little daunting before and straight after the operation but now that i am getting used to it, it isn't as hard as you imagine it will be and the results are well worth any tough times.
Back to top Go down
madmargi
madmargi

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-26

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 8:10 am

I have been lurking...
Hello Melissa, I started at 147kgs and at aged 61 I probably should have done it earlier. BUT I was determined to "do it myself." Well I tried and tried and tried again. It was an early grave or surgery. YIPEE! What a buzz, Friday was my 6 month rebirthday. I am now 103 kgs and have 12 more to lose to keep the surgeon happy and 20 more to keep me happy. And you know what? I know I can do it now. My wardrobe has gone from 10 shades of black to all the colours of the rainbow (that fit into my colour range) and I smile a lot. I really smile when people say, "You've changed your hair haven't you?" "Sometimes I just chuckle and say "Yep'" other times I say "Yes and I have lost a bit of weight too!"
Goodluck Melissa, enjoy your life, keep us posted. Margi.

Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 7:17 am

Welcome to the site melissa
there is a diary section that you are welcome to start a diary in and track your progress,its a great way to record your thoughts and feelings as your journey progresses.
The forum is very supportive and infomative so dont be shy in asking any questions,there is always someone who can help!
goodluck
shelly
My mind is made up 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:32 am

Welcome to the forum Melissa.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Pop over and read the diaries, they are great reading.

Good luck with your journey.

My mind is made up 217555 My mind is made up 217555
Back to top Go down
JulieM
JulieM

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2010-09-19

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:02 am

Well done and Welcome Melissa to the next part of lifes' journey, I know how you felt and feel.
I look forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
Lifechange
Lifechange

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-08-31

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 2:53 am

Congrats on your decision Melissa and I think it really just takes something to 'click' to make you decide that yes it is the way to follow.

Mine was looking in the mirror one morning in disgust and calling into the local superclinic and getting a referral....It was time for me to get moving and my appointment and the quicker I had it done the better it was....and the happier I will feel in not that far off future...

Good luck on your journey

xx
Back to top Go down
nickif
nickif

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-03-16

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 2:47 am

Congratulations on your decision so far i am 3 months post op and have already lost 44kg ive worked hard at it making all the right food choices and walking heaps, but its the BEST decision i have ever made i only wish i had done it a long time ago. Good luck with your journey this web site is the best thing i ever discovered.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 2:30 am

Welcome and great that you've made a decision.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Caz
Back to top Go down
Twicemy
Twicemy

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-02-13

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: My mind is made up   My mind is made up EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 2:07 am

I have been lurking on here for far too long and have been reading avidly everyone's journeys but have never been able to take the first step in mine.

I am 36, weight 145kg maybe more and I am 165cm tall so yep just a little heavy LOL

I made an appointment to see Dr Lockie in Brisbane on 17th November this year. I feel comfortable with my decision so far.

Last night was the proverbial "straw that broke the camels back". My daughter is in Prep and one of the parents had a Halloween party last night so we decided to go. Hubby had to work so it was just my 6 year old and me and some other parents from school. I had been sitting on the grass to afraid to sit on a plastic chair in case it buckled under my weight. When I went to get up I slipped and fell back on the ground hurting my foot and ankle. I was so ashamed of myself that I vowed I would not miss that appointment and I was definately going to have the surgery because I have had enough. I am so fat it is not funny, I can hardly do anything, I snore, I can only shop in Autograph or BeMe. I am young and for nearly 15 years I have let myself get heavier and heavier.

So you will see me on here more. Any advice along the way is greatly appreciated. You are all to be given a big My mind is made up 446871 for continuing with this journey.

Cheers
Melissa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My mind is made up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mind is made up   My mind is made up Empty

Back to top Go down

My mind is made up
Page 1 of 1