Changed Mind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014, 4:30 am

Hi Vix,
Thank you so much for your concern  I appreciate it very much.  I am still having a terrible time with bad reflux but my GP recently changed my medication so hopefully things will improve and I will start to feel normal again.

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Vix
Vix

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-04-15

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014, 3:39 am

Hi Changed mind, just hoping that it is better for you now and you have had a successful outcome?
Cheers, Vix.  PLS PLS HELP!!! 542174
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 05 Apr 2014, 1:59 am

I wrote a suggestion on your other thread but just in case will post here too. Get them to do a gastric emptying test. You eat radioactive scrambled eggs and lie under a Geiger counter for three hours. Not as awful as it sounds. There may be motility issues.

Also talk to your surgeon about a possible kink. Sometimes they only show if eating is replicated. Ie just looking at a scan or an endo doesn't show what happens when movement occurs. They have to consider the kink may be a reaction to eating. I apparantly had this as one of my problems. Surgery to fix it but if it fixes it then it's worth it.

My other suggestion is Botox to your pyloric valve, done during a gastroscopy. This helped my nausea for a short while but had other effects I hated but there is a downside to everything, Obviously I'm no doctor but I'm just sharing things I've tried in case it helps.

There are still plenty of other anti nausea to try too. Talk again to your surgeon and make sure you are seeing your gp regularly. I see mine weekly and she talks to my surgeon if needed which is a big help to me. You need your whole medical team behind you.

Please let me know how you go. I am NOT on here often but if you pm me I get the notification.

I know what it's like to live with constant and debilitating nausea and it's dreadful. You need to sort this out tho, no excuses. There are so many things that still can be done. You have to push tho and I learnt very early on I have a responsibility in my own care. Don't sit back and wait for answers. If you're this miserable, get to your surgeon every week. If he won't help, yes get a 2nd opinion. BUT there is no point in waiting and hating your life every day in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySun 30 Mar 2014, 3:36 am

Hi all,
thanks for the replies - last night I elevated my bed and slept on 2 pillows the nausea seem to be much better than it has been, only problem today is I have heartburn.

Tara - I have tried Nexum, as well as Somac, Zantac and currently on Losec to try and eleviate this problem.  I agree I have been dealing with this far to long that I am even starting to consider whether I need to go to my GP or get a second opinion.

Jag - I tend not to lie down straight after eating or drinking but this damn reflux/nausea will just not leave me.

BIGGEST mistake I have made ever!!!!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 8:40 pm

Hiya Changed,

Have you tried Nexium ?

You would think reflux equals the burning acid that comes up into your throat but after the sleeve reflux can present with totally different symptoms.

Hope you get some relief soon. You have been suffering for far too long.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

Agree with Sway, also Alana, definately sleep on your left side. Use two pillows to prop up your upper body if need. Don't lie down for at least 20mins after eating or drinking. .. .your symptoms sound exactly like my pregnancies! Perhaps try eating half your meal then wait 10mins then eat the other half. Keep your drinking, even sips, away from eating times. I would get nauseus if I ate then did bending work, like eating dinner then bathing the little one, or mopping, vacuuming etc, bending over the bath was the worst. I wouldn't throw up, but it felt like i wanted to. I need to stay upright for say 20mins after eating or drinking. .... might sound like a silly question, but have you recently had any type of vaccination?
Do get things checked out...
Back to top Go down
Alana-Kay
Alana-Kay

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed mind    PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 7:27 am

Hi there. Pre op here, and I'm agreeing with what Swayback said about about the hormone levels, best to get all of that checked. Also along with raising the bed head, sleep on your left side if you don't already. Because of the way the esophagus sits, lying on your left side helps keep reflux at bay. I only sleep on my left side now because it's helped so much.
Back to top Go down
http://yourethepretender.blogspot.com.au/

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 4:45 am

I was thinking maybe lactose intolerance or egg intolerance but the morning thing sounds like reflux doesn't it? Or pregnancy??? Or hormone imbalance? Have you had your hormone levels checked? Sometimes surgery and weight loss can make your hormones really whacky.

Have you tried raising the head of the bed a few centimetres? It's easy to do and you never know, it might work. Just throw a couple of old books under the legs/castors to raise the head a little and help the stomach contents stay where they're meant to be instead of in your throat. I find that a slice of low fat cheese helps settle my stomach. I even keep a slice on my bedside table in case I wake during the night with reflux. I have only needed it three or four times in the last 14 weeks but it beats having to get out of bed to get something to settle my stomach.

If all else fails, I would continue to contact the surgeon because that is no way to live. Waking up with nausea every day would be horrible.

Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 4:32 am

Hi Sway,
Typical day i have yoghurt for breakfast, crackers with ham and egg, dinner is generally protein with veggies..
The nausea starts as soon as i open my eyes in the morning and can sometimes vomit before i have had any breakfast. Sometimes it improves by late afternoon but never completly goes. I wonder how much the reflux has to do with the nausea.

It is so hard to get up every morning when you constantly feel sick......
Back to top Go down

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 4:05 am

Can you post what you eat in a typical day? Maybe there is a trend that an outside observer can see that you don't.

When is the nausea worse? Morning? Afternoon? Before eating? After eating? If you've forgotten to eat? Worse after drinking? Do you actually vomit? Have you noticed anything that makes it better, even just once? Do you wake in the night with nausea? Wake up in the morning with it?

This was just my experience.....when I had my last gastroscopy, even though they didn't do a stretch, my stomach/vomiting improved for the next day and a half. I kind of figured that just having the scope must have straightened out a kink or did a little stretch that only lasted a short time.

Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! EmptySat 29 Mar 2014, 3:44 am

On wednesday i had a scope due to some narrowing and bad reflux/nausea, last 2 1/2 days nausea had subsided mysurgeon started me on Buscopan and all was well until today.  The nausea has come back today worse than ever. i know i have posted previously but would really like some feedback on things to try.  i am now 10 weeks post op and have tried maxolon, ginger tablets, buscopan - none of which keep the nausea away.  is it normal to have it for this long and if so what have other sleevers done??

I already feel i have made a big mistake but the longer the nausea goes on the worst  i feel emotionally and mentally. I just want to be happy again and enjoy my life.. PLS PLS HELP!!! 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLS PLS HELP!!!   PLS PLS HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

PLS PLS HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: