Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.

Go down 
+3
Janey
ozpatty
njochara
7 posters
AuthorMessage
njochara
njochara

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-25

an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 8:36 pm

Hiya all
thanks for your support and advice I really do appreciated it all.
still waiting for the scan lol ><
but feeling happier today :) 5 weeks post op now YAY
thanks again
nicola
xx
Back to top Go down
Devoray
Devoray

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:58 am

I am so sorry that you are still having some difficulties. It just amazes me how much our doctors, dieticians, etc. vary on the advice they give. I had my sleeve 1 week ago today and was supposed to go home the very next day. I did not pass my swallow test (for leaks) the next morning. I did not have any leaks, but my stomach would not empty. I had reflux and GERD so bad that I ended up staying 2 more days. I got out on Thursday around noon and rode 2 hours to my grandmother's funeral. I went back to work today at exactly one week and am driving. Now, I am still having some reflux problems especially at night. I sleep propped up on two pillows. I am really hoping this will pass some in time.

Keep moving around as that is the very best advice I got. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 8:15 pm

so sorry to hear your not feeling well at all
and a wide range of stuff that could be wrong
I do hope its none of those
My dumb arse Dr's dietician came to me after I had op while i was on the roof with the pain drip. don't remember a word she said .She never left me her number or anything.
The 1st Dr I went to who did not do my op was so informative that I did what he had told me to do.
I never used a diet tracker. I just went from liquids 1st week to runny muchies 2nd week till almost normal 5th week but I still have gravy with some foods as It helps it slide down. I measure everything , well some things I just know how much 1/3 cup is and so I don't measure say my muesli . By 5 weeks I think I was having about 1/8 of a cup per meal .sip sip sip on water. you can never drink too much.
I hope that This has been helpful
I have been sleeved 17 months
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 3:02 pm

Sorry to hear you are havin such problems hopefully your doctor will get you sorted soon best wishes

Cheers Sue an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. 63412
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 3:00 pm

Hi Nicola,

Hope the pain subsides soon and your Doctor can pinpoint and treat the problem.
At 5 weeks you should be transitioning to normal foods by now, with an emphasis on proteins first. You may need to keep your foods moist for a while. Suck it and see.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:26 pm

Hi Nicola. I'm so sorry to hear you're having such trouble. I hope the Dr sorts it out for you quickly.

As for the diet recording try http://www.calorieking.com.au or there may be an English one that will have British brands if you google.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:17 pm

Hi Nicola.....
I'm Trish and 2 months post op..... Ive lost 22 kilos so far and still going strong.
Sorry to hear about your ailments, you poor girl....I hope it all gets better real quick.
As for the diet tracker, sorry I cant help you there as I am still trying to figure out the thing....lol
if you go through the posts in this forum you will find a lot of info regarding diet..... Just type in the word in the search and you will find heaps of valuable info fromour fellow sleevers.
I also had about 5 weeks off work, and totally enjoyed every minute of it...... and a good way to learn about my new eeny weeny stomach........... Don't overdo yourself and before you know it you will see great results.......... keep us posted
Trish an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. 63412
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
njochara
njochara

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:52 pm

Hiya everyone
I am sorry I havent been on much. I am still in a hell of a lot of pain >< had the dr on friday, they have taken bloods and are sending me for a scan. He thinks I am still in pain because.
1. part of my bowel has gone through something...
2. I have nerve damage
3.I have torn my muscles by over doing it :(.
anyway hope I will find out soon and he has told me im not to do anything for at leas 2 weeks and in the meantime im in a tramadol and paracetamol daze.

another thing is because im not online that much does anyone have a diet tracker thing that they would be willing to email me please, so then i can print it out. I tend to write down what im eating when im eating it or making it so have scraps of paper everywhere !!.
also I havent seen a dietician and was wondering if anyone has had a post op diet sheet that they would email me so i could have a nosey at it please.
I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow, still off work tho they told me to take 8 weeks of minimum anyway getting very very bored now lol.
thanks everyone for reading
nicola
xx
oh my email is njochara@aol.com
and thanks for the facebook adds lol :O)
anymore ?? im nicola charalambou lol
xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.   an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol. Empty

Back to top Go down

an update and some advice if you dont mind please lol.
Page 1 of 1