AuthorMessage
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:38 am

Hi Lieza,

Welcome to the forum! Hope reading around helps alleviate those anxieties!

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 5:43 am

Hi Lieza,
If I had known before the surgery what I know now I would have had absolutely no worries at all. In fact there are two friends that have used me as a guinea pig LOL both are booking in for the surgery. They have watched me and met some of the other girls that have had surgery because they come and see me.

Just wish that I had this available to me years and years ago.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:40 pm

oh guys!

It sounds too good to be true! I'm a little worried that something might go wrong, but I haven't heard anyone on this site having anything wrong after their operation.

My Dr's app if a few weeks away so i'll be on here researching and reading everyone's great stories.

Very anxious!
Lieza
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:42 pm

hi leiza,
welcome great chioce!! good luck I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again 446871
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 7:50 am

Hi Lieza,
Welcome to the forum and as you have heard from a lot of the others we just love our sleeves !!!
Then again what's not to love.
It isn't just the weight that you lose it is how you feel about yourself and your health that is just overwhelming.

I am almost 7 months out and the good thing is that I just never stop any more, doing more with my life now than I did as a teenager LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 10:23 am

Hey Leiza,
You story sounds similar to mine. A terrible band that was affecting not only my life but my partners and even my family too. I am getting mine out in only 8 days time, and moving onto a bypass. I can't wait. Goodbye band is all I can say!!!
Best of luck and if you want to chat at all, please feel free to contact me by PM or I have a diary in the diary section.

Cheers, Sarah :)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 9:15 am

Hello and welcome Lieza.

You are making a great decision to be sleeved.

I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:18 am

Hi Lieza
You're definitely not alone in your problems with the band, and going on to the sleeve. I haven't done it myself, opting for the sleeve in the beginning, but lots of others on the forum have.
Good luck with your surgeon's appointment and your surgery and recovery.
And thanks, Daisy, for your kind words!
Chris aka chrisbychic
Back to top Go down
daisy
Part of the furniture
daisy

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:09 pm

Hi Leisa
Go and have a look at Chrisbechicks Diary (Chris) she has done an amazing job with her sleeve and l think she has now lost 75kilos and she looks amazing, and questions l sure she would be only to happy to answer.
Wish you luck

Daisy
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

Hi Lieza and welcome to the forum.

I have been sleeved 3 months, and LOVE it!

Good luck with your journey I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again 217555
Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:25 pm

i'm getting Sue Taylor to do it.
SJOG at Subiaco
;)
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:45 pm

Good on you..... you will do fine... the sleeve was the best thing I have ever done!
Who is your surgeon??
Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female

PostSubject: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:39 pm

Hi,

I'm Lieza, 22yr old from Perth.
I had the band put in April 08 and it was one disaster after the other. I had to have another surgery May 08 to fix the port because it had flipped. And the whole time I had the band in I lost 10kg and no more. I finally got sick of vomiting all the time and realized my partner was suffering along with me, so I made the decision to get it taken out.

My band was removed August 09 and I was never happier... until I put on weight. Now I weigh more than I ever have, with false hope that it will eventually lose itself.

My doctor did recommend having the sleeving done after my band, but I dismissed the idea thinking it will be just like the band but irreversible. I started research and found this site and talked to some lovely people. I read diaries and people's journeys and found inspiration. Especially from a woman who lost 60kg from her sleeving. It's impressive the stories people have and the amount of success is overwhelming.

So I've made the decision to see my doctor and make a surgery date. I only hope I will have the same success or even better! than everyone on here.

I'm gonna be me again, the smaller me, the happier me.
Lieza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again   I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Made Up My Mind - I'm Gonna Be Me Again
Page 1 of 1