Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 5:27 am

smileykylie wrote:
They say they don't know what the affects are long term? (Being stomach size?) Anyone worry about this?
Also if I eat out of habit or bordem is surgery the right thing i'm doing? I'm having a few doubts about making my first appointment
And hair loss... is it bad? The only thing I like about myself is my hair... will it all go?
Hi Kylie

I know some people say that your stomach can't stretch, I am still wary about that one though. Mine and other surgeons warn about it, and the way they fix people who can't fit enough in is to stretch the stomach. So I will still try to be careful.

I was an habitual grazer too. I am trying to be more aware of what I am doing and change how my the old habits. But I have twice fallen back into that when I was "home alone" and a bit down. The good thing was I was only able (or wanted) to eat a little bit and as we only have good things in the house now I didn't really do any damage.

Hair loss... like you I love my hair. For a long time it's been the only part of my appearance I was able to look at without cringing away from the mirror. I lost heaps (starting from my first op last year), I even managed to draw a couple of gasps at our last get together. I didn't get bald patches but it has gotten terribly thin. The good news is that the shedding seems to have slowed almost to a stop, and I have a lot of new growth coming through already.

With the reading, I can't answer you there, they aren't really my thing. All I can say is that for me, every day I had to wait for my sleeve was a wasted day and every day since has put an extra skip in my step.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 3:51 am

Oh god now what do i do?
Had a reading today, she said " my guide is saying that it is not a good venture for you to look at surgery for now, there is a time to wait and it is now"
Have to admit i'm completely scared off!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 2:27 pm

I think of the surgery as.... if I already have high blood pressure, type II diabetes and the surgery will help that now then it is all for the good. If I didn't have the surgery I would still have these issues. So I would rather fix the things now than wait for the "maybe" or "might happen" things!

Hairloss, that is a controversal subject... I personally think that some people get it and no matter what you do or take the hair will grow back.
I do still boredom eat, but you can't do it all the time as you will get sick... because you can only eat a small amount anyway, if you eat badly all of the time, then you will certainly feel it... no energy, bad blood results etc...

You will be fine... read lots on here and ask your surgeon lots of questions!
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome. Another newbie 618285

I have a few questions I need to ask you experienced ladies. Not sure where the right place is?

They say they don't know what the affects are long term? (Being stomach size?) Anyone worry about this?
Also if I eat out of habit or bordem is surgery the right thing i'm doing? I'm having a few doubts about making my first appointment
And hair loss... is it bad? The only thing I like about myself is my hair... will it all go?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 9:59 am

Hi Kylie and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your journey.

Another newbie 217555
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 9:44 am

Hi and welcome,

Is Libby being stalked again LOL
Only kidding.

So glad that you enjoyed the seminar and decided to get the sleeve. It is without doubt the best thing that I have
ever done for myself. I am constantly recommending it to people because I want everyone to feel as good as I
do.

Let us know where the journey takes you.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 2:26 am

Hi and Welcome SmileyKylie,

I think that it's great that you are doing lots of research before going ahead. I was lucky that I liked the first surgeon I was recommended to and that everything went really well. If I had I researched more I probably would have done everything the same but I am sure I would have asked better questions at my appointments (something I am always bad at). Luckily I found this site and it has helped me no end.

I look forward to hearing how you are going.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 1:50 am

[quote="smileykylieI have been to a few information nights... don't want to rush into these things as you can probably appreciate, and the place I went to tonight out shines everyone else by far.[/quote]

Shopping around until you're happy with the surgeon is a MUST. I'm so happy I did.

Good luck,

Dark
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 2:10 pm

Glad tonight went well for you, confidence in your team is a must!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

welcome and good on you for making the choice to have the sleeve!!!
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:55 pm

Hi Libby,

thanks for the welcome.

The seminar tonight was awesome. I have been to a few information nights... don't want to rush into these things as you can probably appreciate, and the place I went to tonight out shines everyone else by far. Very nice place, and people and the doctor isn't too hard on the eyes either!!! LOL

I was so set to get a lap band but now I am definately going to get a sleeve, just need to save up the money and make sure I can get into Dr Taylor

P.S - Libby - Its funny you responded to my post... your diary is the only one i've read so far. (feel special not creepy out LOL!!!)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:06 pm

Hello Smileykylie,

Goodluck at your seminar tonight. Hopefully it will answer a lot of your questions. If not, come back on here and ask away.

As you have probably read on here, we all love our sleeves.
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie   Another newbie EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get my first post out of the way. I'm Kylie from Sydney. Another newbie 355206

I have been looking into different procedures and have decided the sleeve is probably best for me. Now just trying to find the right place to get it done.

I have a seminar with the Oclinic tomorrow night, so hopefully this will give me more information to absorb.

Would like to get as much information as possible (which can sometimes be a bad thing, information overload!)

So far all your wonderful stories and posts have been very helpful

So Hi and hope to speak to you all soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie
Page 1 of 1