AuthorMessage
Jedigirl78
Part of the furniture
Jedigirl78

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-10-20

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011, 1:32 am

Welcome Liz!
Have fun exploring the site. You'll find so much helpful info.
And if you have any questions, please just ask :)
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

gottarhyme wrote:
I think you may need to begin a diary! Tell us a little about who you are, why you have decided on the surgery as the path for you, and what your hopes are! It is quite cathartic writing it all down! And in a year's time you can look back, and see how far you have come while we encourage you every step of the way.

It does sound like a good idea... maybe I will start one later today!

Liz :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

I think you may need to begin a diary! Tell us a little about who you are, why you have decided on the surgery as the path for you, and what your hopes are! It is quite cathartic writing it all down! And in a year's time you can look back, and see how far you have come while we encourage you every step of the way.

kiss
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 2:35 am

JAM wrote:
Hi Liz

Again welcome aboard, one of the most amazing and supportive sites!!

Cheers Jane

Thank you Jane!

Back to top Go down
JAM
JAM

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 1:06 pm

Hi Liz

Again welcome aboard, one of the most amazing and supportive sites!!

Cheers JaneHello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 217555
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 10:35 pm

kat in a hat wrote:
welcome liz! as a fellow january sleever i look forward to sharing the journey with you!

Thank you kat in a hat!

Yep... me too... the january sleevers 2012 will have an amazing journey together! Not long now!!!!!

Back to top Go down
kat in a hat
kat in a hat

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 5:19 am

welcome liz! as a fellow january sleever i look forward to sharing the journey with you!

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 473426
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 2:24 am

gottarhyme wrote:
It's because most of us are Aussies or New Zealanders!!!

lol - never thought of that!

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 9:22 pm

It's because most of us are Aussies or New Zealanders!!!

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 217555
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

Kate wrote:
Welcome to the forum Liz. You have cetainly come to the right place for support and information. I have found everyone here very friendly and helpful. Good luck with your journey and look forward to reading your diary.

Thank you Kate,

... I've only been reading for a short while and I don't think I've ever seen such a supportive forum before! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it - it certainly helped me with my very quick decision making on having the sleeve done!

Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 6:29 am

Welcome to the forum Liz. You have cetainly come to the right place for support and information. I have found everyone here very friendly and helpful. Good luck with your journey and look forward to reading your diary.
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 3:55 am

Wow! Thank you for the lovely welcome and good wishes everyone!

I didn't expect to get any comments... so it made my day! Hopefully, if i can find my way around the forum a bit better, I hope I'll come across some of your dairies (if you have them) so i can follow your progress as you were all were so kind to leave a comment for me! :)

I might just do a diary too... sounds like a great way to record the journey and have a bit of fun along the way! :)

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 12:46 am

Well done! I hope you start a diary so I can find out more about you.

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 65317
Back to top Go down
happy sleever

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Another Newbie   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

Hi

I am also new to this site, but I have read a lot over the past few months whilst waiting for my op. Like Liz I was not nervous, only excited, and now that the day has come and gone I am simply happy that it is done and that I have come through it all so well. i was out of bed the day of the op, walking around the next day easily, no dramas with drinking or eating. So far the best thing I have done for myself!

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * Weight
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 6:14 am

Hi Liz and welcome

Congrats on taking a positive step towards a happier and healthier person.
You are going to love the sleeve.

My story is similar, obese all my adult life, continual battle, etc etc etc

I wasn't nervous before I had my surgery, I was well prepared, ready and was like.....bring it on!!

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

You will have to start a dairy, they are great to record your journey.

Cheers Jan

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 217555 Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 217555
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 5:23 am

Welcome Liz! Can't wait to share this journey with you!!!

xxoo Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 490917
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 4:33 am

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * 473426

hi Liz welcome to the forum and the huge array of amazing people and very informative posts on this site.

congrats with your date and i hope all goes well for you with your op.

Erin
Back to top Go down
snowyowl

Female

PostSubject: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:55 am

Hello!!!

I'm Liz, I'm 44 and live in WA! Being sleeved on the 9th Jan at the Mount Hospital in Perth. Not feeling in the least bit nervous... just that feeling of 'can't wait!'. I'm counting the days before I start my pre op diet of optifast... I'll be one step closer to the op!

I've got lots of support from my family and friends... but none of them know anything about the sleeve... and whilst they're all behind me every step of the way... I don't want to bore them to tears with it. So... kinda thought this is probably the best place to be!

I guess my story is much like a lot of other people.... struggled with my weight the whole of my adult life... yoyo dieting... tried everything.. etc... then 6 years ago I managed to lose enough weight to make me feel 'normal' - but it was hard work... with the support of my GP, I took reductil and joined weightwatchers and my dear hubby converted our garage into my own gym where I spent hours working out where no one would see me (there was no way anyone was getting me in a gym on a treadmill in public! eeek!). The end result was very good and I managed to keep it up and whilst it was a struggle I maintaned my weight loss.

But then my life changed and for the past 18months I've been unable to walk/stand/sit for more than 10mins at at time - and I'm in constant pain. And the weight that I worked so hard to get off, has piled back on with an additonal 8 kilos for good measure. So with my GPs support we're hoping that if I can get this weight off, hopefully the pain wil decrease by taking some pressure off my spine and with a bit of luck I might be able to recover some mobility.

I've been so encouraged by reading so many posts here already and the fab results everyone has had with the sleeve - so I'm feeling very positive! Well.. I've probably written waayyyyyy too much for a first post! eeekk... sorry! So... going to head off and browse the forum for a bit!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *   Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol * Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello! *eeek! my first post... hope i'm doing this right! lol *
Page 1 of 1