AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 11:04 pm

Hi,
Congratulations on the surgery, yep we put it off but after we get it done we can't work out why :-)

You are welcome to join the other Adelaide people at a get together any time.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Hi, Newbie here  EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 9:51 am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being a sleever. This place has lots of information, and support. Look forward to catching you on chat andhearing about your progress.
Back to top Go down
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptySun 01 May 2011, 2:55 pm

welcome marryme60!!! who did your sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptySun 01 May 2011, 1:37 am

Hi there....welcome to the forum, although you have been around for a while, I did not see this post to notice that you are a Marcheever. I will add you to the Marcheevers list. I look forward to following your journey. Also thanks for your comment on my bad start to Anzac Day.
Cheers,

Last edited by Lozza (takitaki) on Mon 02 May 2011, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 4:56 am

Hi Marryme60
You should jump onto the monthly section and join us Marcheevers. Just a fun name we came up with. haha I was done in March too and also am really happy with my results so far. I also had a bunged up knee and back aches as well. Weight wasnt what I thought was too bad till my BMI decided it was going to be 39.whatever!! Wow where did that come from. When I found out my knee had a critical tear and I looked like I was going to just keep piling on the weight I got very scared for myself. That was a major reasn for my decision. Just couldnt stand the idea of what was happening. I have now lost 15ks and my knee has been hardly sore at all, so it looks like no operation on that. YES Im very happy with that result I can tell you. And my back ache I mean WHAT ACHE hahaha Im 161cm and down from 102.7 to 87.4 and apart from struggling to work out what to eat and how much before its too much I feel great.

Cheers Juls
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011, 1:36 am

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on being sleeved!!! There is so much info on this site - hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
MarryMe60
MarryMe60

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  EmptyMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago today, and am feeling exceptionally well except for one thing - will post my question shortly in the general section.
Last year I had my operation booked, but chickened out!! Not just about the operation but I have a busy schedule and was worried I wouldn't feel up to doing both my jobs. So the months passed and a number of friends had the procedure and I watched them very closely and found they didn't have any problems and were back at work without any issues, so I went back to my surgeon, found a 3 week window in my busy life and went for it. That was 3 weeks ago and I couldn't believe how well I was, leaving hospital after 2 nights and resting at home for two weeks. I have lost 7kgs so far and am very happy. For all of you out there that are scared, don't be. I did lots of research and talked to my colleagues lots about all the little things that concerned me and here I am - sometimes I can't believe I actually went through with it. My Mum was not happy, as were a few friends, but now that they see I am ok, they are much better about it. I am looking forward to those kgs melting away - and am not too concerned if it takes a year. I am not majorly overweight, but was getting to the point, that I didn't like to way I looked and was finding my dodgy knee and back ached a lot.
I am 168cm tall, and weighed 97.5 on sleeve day. My goal is low 70's and have given myself a year.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi, Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, Newbie here    Hi, Newbie here  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, Newbie here
Page 1 of 1