10 posters
AuthorMessage
Timetochange38
Timetochange38

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-12-11

another lurker from Newcastle Empty
PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 10:04 am

Hi there

I have only 2 days and 3 sleeps to go for my op. Opti really isn't that bad, strawberry shakes are actually really nice but the vanilla needs something like Milo or jelly crystals added to take the horrible taste away. Chocolate dessert is passable (also needs a little milo) but very filling. Hardest part I found is getting my head to stop telling me I needed more tasty stuff to eat.

I have gone from snacking quite a bit in between meals (also decent size) to pretty much nothing in between the Opti and without too much trouble.

Have plenty of mints or chewies with you, my breath tasted (and I imagine smelt) foul.

Kari
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 9:51 am

Hi,
Opti isn't that bad but be prepared just in case you are like me. It became wind city LOL
Good luck with the start.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 5:10 am

Thanks again for the welcome, and yes scarry part is it is March start Opti tomorrow,
sort of looking forward to it as it all just starts to become real,

Ta

another lurker from Newcastle 878453 another lurker from Newcastle 878453
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 12:15 am

another lurker from Newcastle 355206 Alter,
Welcome to the forum,everything you need is here,all you need do is ask.
Yes March is now here so all the best with your op,you will not look back.

Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Gal
Gal

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 8:23 pm

Hi Alter,

Well March is here and your count down now starts in earnest!

17 days will fly by.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Gal x
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 10:28 am

Hi alter ego, Great news on getting a March date, it will be great to travel along the same path. another lurker from Newcastle 65317
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 7:31 am

Thanking all for the welcome,

lots of good stuff just about everything
Thanks Max for the lunch box suggestions, have copied them into my info pages,

another lurker from Newcastle 65317
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:38 am

Hi Alter Ego,

Welcome, yep, I agree, wonderful brilliant site.

I started at 107kgs last March with opti, I am now 59kgs.
Check out my latest photos in the gallery.
I can so relate to your story. Best thing I ever did for myself.
I also drive lots and take away was an everyday meal at sometime or another and often more than once. Now I take a little esky with some ham & Cheese, crackers, fruit and water. It is very easy to adjust to once sleeved. Cooking, easiest thing, Bowl of mixed salad for the week and make a choice of protein to have with it each night. I love it....easy easy easy.

My family don;t eat salad so they organise themselves something to go with their steaks or chicken or whatever we are having and we are all set. So I even found it easy with a family.
You just do what you have to do to look after you and when you are sleeved it becomes easier as it is important you eat the right foods for many reasons.

17th will be here before you know it.
Good luck

Max
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your date will be here before you know it! another lurker from Newcastle 542174

Good luck with your journey another lurker from Newcastle 217555
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:08 pm

Thanks guys for the Welcome,

I am sure as it all gets closer there will be more question on the list,

so great that we have all gone the same treadmil - so to speak,

Ta heaps

Cat
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:43 am

Hi Alter Ego, there's a few Novacastrian's here, fantastic! I'm also 107kg. Can you tell me how long before your initial consultation to the date of your surgery?

Edited to add, sorry you answered my other thread, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:33 am

Hello and welcome Alter Ego,

Isn't this forum the best. It is full of soooo much fantastic information and extremely supportive people.

17th of March isn't too far away now. It'll zoom by pretty quickly.

another lurker from Newcastle 217555
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:30 am

Hi all,
I have done some replies before, but I think I was rude and didn't introduce myself - may have been a little lack of confidence.
I also have been lurking around, reading and re-reading, taking notes, added questions to my very long list, found lots of answers on here, sooo my very long list got very short (or smaller, hopefully same for me),
I am a Newcastle person, having sleeve done on the 17th March by Dr Costa from Gateshead - he seems to be the only one doing it in Newcastle,
I started looking at lap-band in June last year, and in my infinite wisdom decided to give Jenny Craig another go (Magda looks so good), yep you guessed it I did lose and have now regained that plus more in just 4 months - I think I was being Miss Piggy.
Single 54-year-old female, have fur baby with a bad attitude - Himalayan cat that does not like people but luuuuuuuuves me. Stay at home a lot, not a lot of confidence for social life.
Work long hours and a lot of driving so always buy the fast food, hoping the sleeve is a good solution for me, might even get enough energy to really cook,

My weight at Drs on Tuesday was 107kg,

Great forum, someone always knows the answer to questions, what a great source of information for all.
Cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another lurker from Newcastle   another lurker from Newcastle Empty

Back to top Go down

another lurker from Newcastle
Page 1 of 1