AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

From Lurker to Poster Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Lurker to Poster   From Lurker to Poster EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 12:19 pm

Thanks, for your welcome.

Its not hoarding, of course not!
Its uummm...
Buying things when there on sale to save money...
I think thats what it should be called!

From Lurker to Poster 787760
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: From Lurker to Poster   From Lurker to Poster EmptySun 11 May 2014, 12:22 pm

I knew you were there - I could feel your presence! LOL
From Lurker to Poster 706350
Can't welcome you aboard exactly, but welcome to your voice.  I'm sorry to hear about your knee - I have had both knees "done" so to speak, but not replacements - pretty major stuff though, just complicated cutting bone and moving tendons stuff. The surgeon called it a step down from a replacement but with a worse recovery, lol.  I can see why you would want to go for the sleeve if you are to wait that long for a replacement as the weight loss should make a big difference to any pain and improve mobility.  I'm not sleeved yet but am looking forward to that too.

I can't decide if I think buying the tops is a good idea - it could be positive thinking and planning, but maybe it's impulsive hoarding, lol. I too have been noticing things in windows and thinking, "maybe this time next year I'll be able to buy that". Sigh!
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: From Lurker to Poster   From Lurker to Poster EmptySun 11 May 2014, 10:57 am

Hello all,
I have been lurking in this site for about 3 years now... maybe longer... while I thought about having the surgery.  Of course I bumped up my health insurance around then as well, in preparation.  Also tried to loose weight on my own, since I was worried I would be rejected since my BMI isn't over 40.  I have learnt since seeing the Doc, that's not the biggest thing they look for.
Finally this year I made the call, and booked in to see the surgeon, and started my 3 month wait to see him, and do all the other pre-op bits and pieces.  Of course I was still sh*t scared.  But, in between all that I was told I need a knee replacement!  But I couldn't have one until I was closer to 60 (I'm 39), since they one last 15 to 20 yrs ( I have no idea of the details, I kinda switched off. I went in expecting to be told I would needed a 'clean' out of all the floaty bits in my knee... but was told dead ligaments, hardly any cartilage, bakers cyst, damaged meniscus and arthritis = knee replacement).
Anyway, enough of my rambling on.  I knew then I had to do it.

I also realised yesterday (while I was prematurely buying some tops I really liked in a medium), although I have been reading this site on and off for 3 years, and I think I joined 2 years ago.. I have never posted. So, hello all!!

I have my sleeve surgery on the 26 May, so off to post in the May sleevers now.

Thanks for reading!!

Hello
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Lurker to Poster   From Lurker to Poster Empty

Back to top Go down

From Lurker to Poster
Page 1 of 1