lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Long time lurker, first time poster... Empty
PostSubject: blogging   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

Hi Nicky, just been reading your www. Very cool, love the youtube of your loved ones.

Chat soon

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t8475-lin1970-2012-and-beyond
Back to top Go down
Mandee
Mandee

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

Hi Nicky

You'll find this forum fantastic, so full of people giving great advise and encouraging words. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Long time lurker, first time poster... 355206
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

Congrats on getting the sleeve! I look forward to reading your journey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 10:07 am

Hi Nicky

What an inspiration you are, you go gurl.

Look forward to hearing more from you - roll on 50kgs!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

gday Nicky

welcome, may you have a successful joureny and achieve what you desire with your sleeve

Erin
Back to top Go down
nickyinoz
nickyinoz

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Thank you!   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 9:39 am

Thanks all, I think this was the most significant and worthwhile choice I have ever made. If the worse of it is now, these couple of weeks afterwards, then I think it's going to be ever so successful!

Can't wait to use my teeth again for chewing purposes though... hooley dooley!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefridgepickerstories.com
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 11:17 pm

Hi Nicky and congratulations on your steps to a healthier you. 2011 was new beginnings for you and 2012 is going to be your year. Welcome and enjoy the forum.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 11:11 am

Hi Nicky! Welcome to our lovely forum! Hello
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 7:17 am

Hi Nicky, congratulations on having your sleeve done. Wow, your weight loss is great. Keep up the good work. This site is fantastic for meeting friendly supportive people and is full of very practical information from fellow sleevers. Good luck in your weight loss journey and I look forward to reading more about you.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 6:00 am

Hey Nicky!! Congrats on getting your sleeve done! I am sure you will make it to your 50kg goal by the new year :). I look forward to hearing more of your journey.

I am in Melbourne too, Eastern suburbs. If you want to catch up with some of us, there is usually a catch up in Cranbourne every second Tuesday :)
Back to top Go down
nickyinoz
nickyinoz

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 4:36 am

Great to finally find a spot where I can share with like minded individuals about Gastric Sleeves!

My name is Nicky, I'm from the South East side of Melbourne. After endless years of battle, I decided to get the Gastric Sleeve done. I had been seeing a full medical team, ever since I had a bilateral pulmonary embolism in June of 2010. At that time I was 214kg but I was still unable to lose weight even after something as eye opening and alarming as a PE.

I had been seeing a clinical nutritionist, psychologist and my GP before my nutritionist, Dr Sharon Marks, unequivocally stated that I was out of control 12 months after the PE (I had put on an extra 14kg since then). She sent me off to Mr Adam Skidmore and the rest speaks for itself. My weight actually ballooned out to 237kg before I started Optifast. I got it down to 220kg before the operation.

Three weeks later, I am sitting at 193kg, I am ecstatic at that loss. I am a realist too, it's coming off quickly now because I am so big. My basal metabolic rate was 3000 calories before I started, and I'm eating 500-600 calories a day so it's dripping off at the moment. My goal is 80kg but only because that's what I need to get to in order to get off Coumadin for the potential of blood clots returning. I would be thrilled if I could get to 187kg by the new year just to have lost that 50kg.

Thanks for listening, looking forward to posting more. I've also got a blog too, feel free to PM me for the address if that's allowed.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefridgepickerstories.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...   Long time lurker, first time poster... Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time lurker, first time poster...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: