Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Concerned about how much i am eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 5:48 am

Me too Vicki, as I believe my surgeon has also done this. Concerned about how much i am eating 21984
Back to top Go down
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 3:06 am

I also stuck to pre-op diet, too scared not too as dietician told me Dr doesn't hesitate to close up patients without op if liver is too enlarged. I thought it might have been to scare patients but he has stopped ops because of liver size.

Hope it all works out for you

Vicky
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 6:53 pm

The pre-op diet is only 2 short weeks of the rest of your life.
No, I never cheated on the pre-op diet, I for one wanted my surgery to happen!
I was committed from the time I visited the surgeon, I wanted to be painfree, healthy and not obese anymore.
Back to top Go down
Pistol73

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 1:28 pm

Reply to Lee and Issi, I went about 2.5 to 3 weeks after surgery feeling like I wasnt losing anything and got quite down about it. Dont worry though, stick with it - you do start losing again and it starts to fall off quickly. As Chrisbychic said - sometimes you plateau, but then after a little while things will pick up again. Well done for your efforts so far.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 11:06 am

wine well any booze is about the worst thing you can do. You are trying to make your liver healthy for surgery, nice and floppy small and easy moved.

Your surgeon doesnt see you before and go oh bad girl no surgery he gets into surgery gets VERY pissed after messing around for a couple of hours trying to move that big fat liver all the time endangering you, then gives up and doesnt do the sleeve. BUT sure as hell you get ALL the medical bills as tho you had the sleeve done and a damn sore stomach from ALL that effort of trying to move that liver.

A general is NO joking matter for obese people it is DANGEROUS and putting yourself at risk TWICE is plain stupid. If you are at all in doubt that you have not done as you should and your surgeon is one who requires you DO stick to optifast then talk to them before surgery and find out if he is going to be happy doing it when it is set to be done or if he wants to put it off for a couple more weeks.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 8:39 am

Please don't lose sight of the fact that the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver, not lose weight. Put that wine down, and hang on to your goal!
Back to top Go down
Timetochange38
Timetochange38

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 7:58 am

Everyone seems to have lost weight easily pre-op and very good and strict on the Opti. Am I the only one who cheated.....piece of cheese here and there, glass of wine every so often, tiny bits of lean meat with salad/veges? I have 5 days to go and have only lost between 2-3 kilos (starting weight being 116kg) and am trying to convince myself to go without the glass of wine tonight....but doesn't alcohol make the liver shrivel up!! lol

I will be so embarrassed and disappointed if my failure to stick strictly to the diet will mean no surgery, but this is the reason for needing survery - ability to convince myself that it will all be OK (stick the head in the sand even further!!)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 6:47 am

Seriously, you have to get used to the idea of not losing weight for a week or several at a time - it happens, and is part of the process. Just keep doing the right thing, and you'll probably even notice a change in measurements in that time, or clothing size. Seems that our bodies need to stop and adjust a little every now and then.
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 5:24 pm

Lee be grateful for any loss... I was done 2 weeks before you and haven't lost anything since the op (but lost a lot on the pre op diet)... sometimes weight goes down a kilo or two and then it comes back up again ever since op :(
Back to top Go down
Lee

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 3:33 am

Thanks Janette

I just thought I might be doing something wrong. I knowI need to excercise but I feel tired a lot. I will try and get some vitamins in. I hope I lose some more soon though. I feel like Ive been the same weight for a couple of weeks.

Lee

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR5KAkL/]
Concerned about how much i am eating Weight
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010, 6:43 am

Hi Lee

If you have lost 6 kilo since surgery you are doing really well.

Everyone will lose differently. The weight certainly hasn't fallen off me, some weeks I lose less than a kilo, but every little bit counts and as long as its doing down, I am happy!
Back to top Go down
Lee

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: How much weight should I be losing   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010, 6:21 am

I was sleeved on 1st Feb 2010.

I am nearly four weeks out and have lost 8 1/2 kilos pre op and 6 kilos since but some times it seems as if I am not losing at all.

How much should you lose. Should I be really carefull about what I eat even though I am not eating much.

I did have a few slices of a soft cheese slice some days in between meals It slips down easy.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR5KAkL/]
Concerned about how much i am eating Weight
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 12:02 pm

Don't worry Gail. It's the most sincere form of love: cupboard love.

Quesadillas! Love
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 8:28 am

Dark stop sucking up !!!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 10:23 am

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

I love you, Caz (in ever such an appropriate way).

Best,

Dark.

Mmmmmmmm. Quesadillas. Mmmmmmmm. Love
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 10:19 am

Thanks Caz, for the recipe and by the way you look absoluetly fantastic for 12 months, congratulations.

OK, Dusty it's your turn, can you give us your recipe with quantities, please

Jenni
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 1:47 am

Ooo La Laa...

Definitely on the menu for after my mushy stage :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 12:49 am

That sounds soooo yummy Caz, will definately make that
Concerned about how much i am eating 314541
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 9:09 am

Bless you Caz
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:16 am

Here you go girls - yummy but enough for everyone on this forum in the recipe I think

Grilled Chipotle-Chicken Quesadillas
The "sauce" is what makes these quesadillas unique. Serve with Pico de gallo or your favorite salsa. Directions for both a grill or stovetop. From Sunset Magazine
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, drained and minced
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
pico de gallo or other salsa

Directions
1. Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand 1 or 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) or put chicken in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (cut to check). Slice cooked chicken breasts into 1/4 in.-thick slices. Keep grill or grill pan hot.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together chipotle chile, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle-lime sauce on each of the tortillas. Top 4 of the tortillas each with 1/2 cup cheese and a quarter of the chicken slices, then cover with the remaining tortillas (sauce side down). Put each quesadilla on a dinner plate.
4. Slide quesadillas off the plates onto the grill over medium heat, or slide into a grill pan over medium heat (you may need to grill the tortillas in batches). Grill uncovered turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are golden, about 2 minutes each side (use a large spatula and tongs to flip the quesadillas). If grilling in batches, keep finished quesadillas warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
5. Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa on the side.
Back to top Go down
DUSTY
DUSTY

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 10:51 pm

I THINK MY STOMACH GROWS AFTER DARK !! ....LOL.. I swear in the morning I cant eat much of anything , lunch time about 4 mouthfulls but after dark , I can eat 3/4's of a sandwich or half a rib-eye steak its crazy.. but im a crust remover now too..lol.. seems like I have a hard time digesting the crust on bread .. I have yet to try to eat a hotdog also since surgery , im scared !! I just got that feeling like it wont work out .....lol..

p.s chipolte chicken is awesome !! I also love taquitos , I live on them jokers!! beef , banana pepper , cheese , spinich wrapped in a tortia and deep fried for a second , 120 cal. ,2 grams. fat ,no sugar ,10 carbs. for two taquitos !!!
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 10:53 am

I have 2 x things too.

I'm with Tempest, what is a Chipotle Chicken???

Second one, I haven't seen Caz's before photos - wow!! Its funny, we're all on this sleeve site because of weight loss surgery (either had it or considering it) due to weight issues yet when I see before and after photos I still am suprised that some of the people I am used to looking at since they've lost weight have ever carried any extra weight. Well done Caz Concerned about how much i am eating 446871
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 9:12 am

Righto you lot what the hell are you talking about, and if it is that good then why have I

1 Never heard of it
2 Never eaten it hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 3:11 am

The ones I had were Chipotle Chicken - very good!!!
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:46 am

ahhahaha don't worry Darkstar!!

I will be able to eat it later!! After I am done with my mushy stage :) Just one bite still will make me happy :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerned about how much i am eating   Concerned about how much i am eating Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerned about how much i am eating
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next