6 posters
AuthorMessage
njochara
njochara

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-25

how much should i be eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 12:19 pm

Hiya
I just think that everybody is different, and we do all go at different rates.I have never had a problem drinking and am 6 weeks post op on tuesday. I have been on solids for a week I am eating -
8 shredded wheat bitesize with skimmed milk for breakfast
1.5 ryvita for lunch with blended egg and salad cream on top and a few weight watchers crisps
and for dinner at night 1 golf ball size potato or some mash, and quorn mince, broad beans with gravy or chicken instead of quorn. all on a small plate and i usualy leave a bit.
at about 10pm (when I can drink again after dinner) I have a mug of milky coffee and a weightwatchers 1.5 point cake.

I was naughty one night and had 2 chocolate mousses and had what must be the ''dumping'' was feeling sick had the sweats felt terrible, I wont be doing that again.

when I was on mushies and liquids If I had urges for something crunchy I would eat a crisp just for the cunch then spit it out, I know its gross but it sorted the crunchy craving out, think I only did it twice lol.
i love pizza and take out aswell lol well i did anyway lol
on mushies i had mash and curry sauce which gave me the spicy take out hit that i needed.
also sugar free chewing gum is brilliant and sugar free chupa chup lollies to suck on for something sweet and they last ages lol.
anyway this is what I did.
just take your time
we are all different and all go at a different pace. I think its trial and error aswell, I found it difficult to know when I was full but with a little time you get to know your new tiny tummy.
best wishes
nicola
xx

oh and the urge to eat is going, through the day my hubby texts me to remind me to eat because I wont otherwise.but I do find that if i dont go to bed soon after my milky coffee im starving through the night which I never had before its weird lol.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 1:09 am

Hi Tink, I was sleeved on the 20th April and I can still only eat a couple of teaspoons at a time. Not because I am full, but anymore than that makes me feel ill. I am surviving on 1/2 a cup of tea, and a craker during the day and at night I have a couple of teaspoons of whatevers going.
Back to top Go down
beklai

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Eating   how much should i be eating EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 3:14 pm

Hi Tink

I think at a month out, you can be having soft foods.

The problem I'm having is craving solid foods, like my body craves solid foods but my stomach is limited to fluids, and not much of it at that.

My doctor told me I will lose the cravings, but I don't feel that happening. Am 2 weeks or so out now.

I keep on imagining eating pasta or pizza or stuff like that.

Anyways, good luck on your journey.

Bek
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 2:37 pm

Hi Tink, glad you are making protein a priority with those Musashi drinks. It will get better for you with time but your concerns are understandable.
I seem to have had the opposite problem from the start and constantly wonder if I am eating too much as I seem to be able to fit quite a lot in.
Just demonstrates how our journeys can be so different I guess.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 11:38 am

Hi Tink

A few sleevers seem to experience this at the start - I was lucky I had no trouble but all I can say is go at your own pace - perhaps have a few tsps or whatever you can get in at one time and then try again an hour later and build up that way. You are only a month out so it may just take you a bit longer. If you read some of the other threads there are others on the site that have expressed the same concerns as you.
If you are worried perhaps talk to your Dr and dietitician.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 9:34 am

you are a month out, I was the same a month out, felt like i was behind everyone, i was still on fluids cause I was scared too. Everything will be fine, dont be impatient. You will get there.
Back to top Go down
tink
tink

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 9:28 am

i was sleeved on the 28th may 2009 and was wondering at this stage what were or are people eating. i am having quite a hard time with my food and was just wanting to know if anyone else had problems. i have only been managing to have 4 teaspoons of yoghurt a couple of the musashi protein drinks and very little else. i just find it so hard to get things down. am i expecting to much at this time or is this normal. any info would be a great help as this is getting me down quite alot to the point where i keep questioning myself why did i do this.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much should i be eating   how much should i be eating Empty

Back to top Go down

how much should i be eating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: