Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone had Jon Armstrong as their surgeon? I am seeing him on Friday.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 8:21 am

I have also heard Jon armstrong is good.

Shazza thanks for the info on Padovan and Lynette thanks for asking lol makes me feel more comfortable with my choice.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 2:18 am

shazza - well, I'm planning on taking my laptop and wireless card into hospital, so I'll (try!) and updae from there. :)

Let us know how you get on with Jon. :)
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 12:48 am

27th august , next wednesday will be home on saturday and you go in monday . cant wait to there how it all goes for you as well.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 11:19 am

shazza,

I'm going to Mercy on the 1st September. :)

Wednesday 28th? of what month? If it's August then Wednesday is the 27th and Thursday is the 28th. :)

I know a small group of Jon's patients from the Yahoo message boards try and meet up about once a month. I haven't been though as still fairly new. :)
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:12 am

Thanks for that, Dr P actually works out of Mount Hospital in the city, so maybe you could have gone there. But anyway, I am sure your surgeon is excellent too. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:01 am

kalli

I think Jon armstrong is great, he was going to put a lapband in me last wednesday (13th) which was my birthday , I woke up with no band and then cried. He said once they got inside they found an unusual artery in the way and he was worried I could potentially bleed to death. So i trust him alot , to go for round two with the sleeve gastrectomy .

My surgery is on wednesday 28th at Mercy, when is your and were. We should meet after surgery (anyone esle as well) as have a coffee and chat for support. I have found it really hard to explain why and what Im doing , to friends they think Im mad.

sharon
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

PostSubject: Dr padovan   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 9:57 am

My girl friend had Dr Padovan, she lives in Mandurah , she had a lap band, no problems at all. She said he was a great doctor and surgeon, with a great bedside manner. I noticed he has done alot of extra study and has a great Profile. I would be very happy to have him as my surgeon. I would have gone to him but I didnt want to go to Waikki hospital, as Im in Joondalup

sharon
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 3:54 am

Hi Shaza, I know you can't disclose problems with surgeons, but have you heard of good reports regarding Dr Padovan? I'm due for surgery in two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 1:44 pm

Thanks shaza.

I appreciate the information. I went with him because I asked my GP "who would you go to if it were you?" and that's who she recommended.

He seems very nice and was certainly thorough in making sure I knew everything about the two procedures and the possible risks involved etc.

Which hospital are you going to?
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

PostSubject: Doctors   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Aug 2008, 4:06 am

Hey Kaili

My girlfriend had Jon and she is doing great, no problems. He is a very careful and precise surgeon. I work in Emergency, so I see all the problems that come back and for ethical reasons I can not list some of the doctors that have had post op problems , some of them are listed on this website. I researched the Doctors and asked a lot of Doctors at work who have worked as surgical registrars for Bariatric surgeons. No one I spoke too didnt think he was a good surgeon. So I took that as a good sign. I also look at the if there is a problem do they know what there doing is terms of post op complications, as nothing is ever perfect for every body all of the time.

shaza
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Aug 2008, 11:14 pm

Can you please let us know how it goes?

I'm going to see Jon today to confirm my surgery for September 1st.
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

PostSubject: JOn armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Aug 2008, 3:35 pm

Im having surgery with jon next wednesday, he is great I trust him. He was going to do a lapband last week and found he could not put one in me , so I opted for sleeve. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 4:29 pm

Hey Chrysalis, I live in Bayswater, we're practically neighbours.
I had Dr Leon Cohen at Mercy, but I've heard great things about Dr Armstrong.
I actually didn't like Dr Cohen that much, excellent surgeon, but as much bedside manner as a brick wall...
I would recommend going through the Mercy team though, their dietician and assessment teams are lovely, and they have a great gym with optional classes just for WLS patients. That could be great for you after the surgery, because it's close and convenient.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 8:00 am

Everybody is going to tell you their surgeon is best hehehehe I love my guy he is Mr Epari but all the way over in Murdoch. If cost is a factor for you then I can not recemend enough Dr Amhed also over at Murdoch as he has a ZERO gap so you should end up with no out of pocket expenses. If you have major concerns with leaks worring you then I would jump on Dr Padovich down in Wakiki as he has done over 800 sleeves with ZERO leaks. So it all really depends on what is your top priority . All the doctors I have mentioned I am told are wonderful to talk to and deal with. I of course love mine best hehehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 5:31 am

hi have heard dr armstrong is great..
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2008, 5:28 am

I live in Morley,Perth, can you recommend anyone?
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 3:40 pm

I just googled the name, is this him? http://www.westernobesitysurgery.com.au/dr_jon_armstrong.html
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 2:21 pm

I dont know of him Chrysalis,
where are you? I might be able to find some info and post it here.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female

PostSubject: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:42 pm

Has anyone had Jon Armstrong as their surgeon? I am seeing him on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DR Jon Armstrong
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3