Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2008, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone had Jon Armstrong as their surgeon? I am seeing him on Friday.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:58 pm

I was sleeved just four days ago by Jon.
He is amazing.
His whole team are brilliant people. I have never felt judged by any of them - Laura, Penny, Dr Paul Swan or Jon.
I had a hernia up under my diaphragm which we didn't know about, but he repaired it for me at the same time as he did the sleeve & so far I've had very little nausea & no reflux. The only pain I've had really is from the hernia - I think.
I didn't bother meeting any other surgeons. One of my best friends put me onto Jon & when I went to my GP she had a sleeve done by Jon, so he was the only choice.
As far as I'm concerned, the best choice.

I would whole heartidly recommend him to anyone.

Maria, I would love to know more about Jon & his tummy tucks. If you get any more info could you please pass it on? Thanks :)

For the record, SJOG Subiaco & the nursing staff were 100% fantastic. I can't thank them enough for the care they gave me.
Back to top Go down
MellB

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Dr Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:59 pm

I had Dr Jon Armstrong as my surgeon and would happily recommend him to anyone he rocks and is the best surgeon ever.

Also highly recommend Hollywood Hospital and the staff there were amazing. DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 446871 DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 2:00 pm

Just to let you know that Jon is now doing tummy tucks! approx $2000 out of pocket. I am finding out more information with regards whether he is just doing tummy tucks on his sleeve patients or any surgeon's patients......
Jon is so "pedantic (in a good way!) and careful" I am sure he would do a fabulous job! If I need one I am definitely going to him!
Back to top Go down
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 12:23 am

I had Jon as my surgeon and I can only say great things about him. Once I had booked in with him I started doing my research and by the time I had my operation had 100% trust in him. The recommendations from people in the medical field were outstanding - all about his consistancy, no leaks ever, how meticulous and slow he works etc. I would recommend Jon Armstrong with no hesitation!!!
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:03 am

... and a bit cute!!!
I met him last night.... so lovely...

I'm off to see another surgeon tonight, before making my final decision - but the one tonight will need to be pretty darn good to beat Jon!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:06 am

He is fabulous....
Back to top Go down
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 9:24 pm

I am having surgery on the 30/6 with Jon and it has been amazing to hear the way people talk about him. I have 100% faith in him
Back to top Go down
yaprawn
yaprawn

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: What a blonde   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 6:58 am

I've just realised all these posts go in order from oldest to newest. Oops. Sorry Chrysalis - you've probably already had your surgery. But I still stand by Jon - he's the BEST!! Can't recommend him more!
Back to top Go down
yaprawn
yaprawn

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re : Mr Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 6:52 am

Hi Chrysalis

I had Jon Armstrong as my surgeon - so did my mum and my friend who was sleeved 2 1/2 years ago. I have nothing but high praise for him. He is extremely cautious and does not take risks. He is also so lovely to talk to and does not make one feel dumb or a failure for being overweight. His manner is entirely approachable and he is happy to answer questions.

I'm day 5 post sleeve, he fixed a hiatus hernia I had while I was being sleeved and when I came back to the ward from the op, the biggest problem I had was nausea. He and Mr Peter Swan my anaesthetist, did an absolutely wonderful job when it came to managing post op nausea, reflux and pain. I'm having a really good week so far and am adjusting to the fluids with each day.

If you have any questions about him - I'm more than happy to answer them. I am actually a nurse so I asked a few of the surgeons that work in my hospital about him and one of the consultants at my work actually said he was one of the best surgeons in the country. I had and continue to have great confidence and faith in his ability and cannot recommend him more highly to you!

Best of luck to you with your journey and if you have questions - please feel free to ask!

Take care!

Yaprawn x
Back to top Go down
kazm54

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySat 01 May 2010, 10:25 am

I can't speak highly enough of Jon. I had a band with him first and had lots of hassles. It was never too much trouble to see me or organise a visit to the hospital after hours for an unfill.

After I had the band out I had a sleeve and there were no complications or dramas. I found him to be an excellent surgeon and can thoroughly recommend him.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Apr 2010, 3:21 am

Yes,yes he is!!!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 7:38 am

So TOTALLY agree!!! He is the best!
Back to top Go down
mojo
mojo

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

I was sleeved by Dr Armstrong on the 7th April 2010 (11 days ago).
I think he is lovely, he is very friendly and happy to go through anything, even suggested I write down any last minute questions to ask him in theatre before he started.
He showed me a dvd of my surgery at my follow up appointment this week, I like that he is open and honest about the process and I have a great understanding of what has happened to me.

His support staff, Laura (nutritionist) and Sarah (anaethetist) are also great, I was very comfortable with both of them and are happy to continue going to see Laura through my weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Skinny-chick-wannabe
Skinny-chick-wannabe

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 7:37 am

Thanks Trace

That helped I had a looked at the video very interesting. Feels like I have already met him now

Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 6:57 am

PS - look him up on YouTube he has a video of him explaining the surgery and then the surgery itself. You can stop and not see the surgery. It is the same info that you get from him this week, but it might help you clarify your questions.
Trace
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2009, 6:55 am

Hi Tracey

I am more than a year post op with Jon. I cant say enough about him, as others have said he is very professional and his support staff (Penny and Laura) are fantastic also. He had a dry sense of humour and get appear a little short, but he has your best interests at heart. He loves what he does and it shines through!

I actually miss going to see him. I lost the 66% at 9 months, so he said come back this time next year! I liked that he could tell I was smart enough to understand and look after myself, I cant stand condecending doctors!

Hope it all goes well, I am sure it will!

Trace
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 4:50 am

He is a lovely man.... very informative, take a list of questions you would like to ask as when you get in there you will forget... believe me!
As said before he is precise, meticulous and very careful..... exactly what you need in a surgeon!
His anaesthetist's that he uses are fabulous as well and well regarded amongst the anaestetic groups!

All the best and let us know how you go! You will love him!
Back to top Go down
Skinny-chick-wannabe
Skinny-chick-wannabe

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:37 am

Anymore info on Dr Jon Armstrong as I have an appointment this Friday and am extremely nervous!!!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 3:31 am

I just would like to comment on what I have heard about Jon Armstrong from a respected colleague of his.
I was told from a person who is in surgery with him that Jon is very precise and takes his time during these procedures. He has one of the best track records in WA, if not, Australia (not my words!) He takes his time and performs this procedure exceptionally well.
I am now totally 200% happy that I have Jon as my surgeon!!! Bring it on I say!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2009, 8:26 am

I am booked in with Mr Armstrong on Friday for review..... he is one of the best bariatric surgeons in Perth..... (this is from a Medical Secretary's point of view and her big ears that hear things..... hehehehehe)
Back to top Go down
Mattrus

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2009, 2:20 am

I would just like to note under this topic that Jon did my surgery. He was magnificent - very good mannerisms and professional. Also, for the beautiful ones - like me, the incisions he made into my stomach were much smaller than I expected and very neat and tidy. In fact one of the nurses looking after me post surgery commented that Jon does a great job with this operation. My thoughts. If anyone has anymore questions, feel free to ask me directly.
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 11:11 am

Hi Bec,

Jon was my surgeon and told my best friend the same thing, wait the 12 months as he doesnt like to do uninsured patients due to the risks of the surgery.

I cant say enough about how great Jon is. He is one of the more expensive surgeons from what I am aware of, but as far as I am concerned he is worth every cent. He is really approachable and straighforward and if you are already comfortable with him, I would pay!!! I must say I felt that he earned it, he was there every morning on the weekends and all. The nurses all spoke very highly of him.

I had the surgery at Mercy and I am with HBF.

So at Mercy I had a shared room, although the first night you are in the special nursing unit, which is why I didnt mind two nights in a shared room. So there was no out of pocket expense.

I did have to pay for some blood tests and phamacy but all up that was $90.

The fee for Jon is $4,800 I got around $1,100 back from Medicare and HBF (as the fee is $4,000 for the surgery item no and $800 for his assistant). So between Medicare and HBF you get the whole scheduled fee back. I am sure Penny at Jons office can you give you both items numbers so you can work out exactly what you get back.

I only had to see the dietician once before and after surgery and got jack s*** back from HBF (I agree that in the most part ancilliary cover is crap!)

I found Jon great in that he doesnt see you if he doesnt need to and therefore charge you for appointments you dont need. I also live outside Perth and I found him really good for that and have emailed him a couple of times with questions and recieved as response. His dietician Laura is also great with emails etc and also very approachable.

The anethatist that he used that day (Sarah whos surname I cant remember - who was also fantastic) did not charge a gap, I know some people have paid around $1,000.

So I guess with all of the appointments, tests, pharmacy etc I was about $4,000 out of pocket. Of course I think it was worth every cent. I have an excess of $250 (included in the $4,000 I just mentioned) on my hospital cover. I save more than that in premiums so you should look an excess. Also see the threads about reducing costs with care plans etc.

Good luck and as I said I cant speak highly enough of Jon!

I forgot to say on the other thread that he was THE only surgeon my GP would refer me to, I actually went in there wanting to go to another surgeon. I love my GP so I trusted his reccomendation. NO REGRETS!!!!
Trace
Back to top Go down
bec179

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2009, 6:19 am

Hey my name is Bec and I am new in here. I went to see Jon i was going to be paying out of pocket but he said to wait the 12 months instead. SO i am just looking at didn't health covers, and i don't mind how much is pend on it i just want to make sure i will be covered. So Who did you have for your health insurance and what cover? And how much out of pocket expenses did you end up having
Back to top Go down
charma
charma

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 7:44 am

Ditto to that. he is my surgeon. He is GREAT.

I didnt have to pay any gaps or anything either.
Back to top Go down
lastchancelil
lastchancelil

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 10:54 am

In case any anyone checks this thread out, I am DEVOTED to Gorgeous Jon, as y'all know if you've read my posts or blogs. He is truly gifted and special, and my GP has recommended about 20 people to him since my successful surgery. Even though he's not part of the Mercy Team anymore, having gone out on his own (a great decision I reckon), I would recommend Jon Armstrong to anyone. I've met a lot of his patients and no-one has had a single bad word to say, pre-op, during or post-op.

This is his new location http://www.westernobesitysurgery.com.au/dr_jon_armstrong.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastchancelil.blogspot.com
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 8:21 am

I have also heard Jon armstrong is good.

Shazza thanks for the info on Padovan and Lynette thanks for asking lol makes me feel more comfortable with my choice.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DR Jon Armstrong
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next