Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

Hi there. Yes, he is a great surgeon; great bedside manner; pm me if you want or ask away; if you have any other questions.
Back to top Go down
grouse

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-11

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: What a wonderful man he is!   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyTue 03 Jan 2012, 1:25 am

I was sleeved 30th September 2011 by Dr Jon Armstrong. He is the most understanding man I have met. He doesn't make you feel like you are a failure, he explains everything at length.

I first saw him in April 2011 at which time my husband came with me, he thought that he was very thorough and answered all the questions that we had. For money reasons I didn't proceed until September. I would have gone ahead straight after the initial appt if I was able to - he put my mind at ease.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptySat 21 May 2011, 10:10 am

I was sleeved by Jon Armstrong in May this year. He is very informative and explains all the pros and cons of the sleeve very clearly to you at your first appointment, he is a very nice man and very easy to talk to. My surgery went very well and I could not recommend Jon or the staff at St John of Gods in Subi highly enough : ))
Back to top Go down
Mysti
Mysti

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-11-27

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:22 am

Hi,

Jon did my sleeve 14th Dec 2011. I went to see Jon on my Doctors recommendation (he said he was the best in Perth) 3 weeks prior to op. I went in wanting to get banded and he talked me through pros and cons and we decided on the sleeve. It was a dream run. Jon is so amazing.. As with Laura (dietitian) and my Mr Raper (aneathisist) Never at any stage did I feel uncomfortable or unsure. I would highly recommend him and never consider going to anyone else. He had the best reputation. Well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 7:09 am

Jon did my sleeve op recently and took my gall bladder out a few years ago; you could not ask for a better surgeon, doctor, or of one with a fantastic bedside manner. You will love him, he will take care of you and ensure you are informed of everything you need to know or want to know.
Back to top Go down
sherilou

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-01-07

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming surgery   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 4:42 am

Hello All
This is my first post.
I am having sleeve surgery with Mr Armstrong in June. I have just had my band removed after 7 years of tornment. Hopefully my stomach will have healed after 4 months debanding and Mr Armstrong can sleeve me in June. If not, that will be the last surgery for me...I'll just have to continue to put up with my weight problem.

I enjoy reading all your the posts and gathering information about my pending life as a slim person :)

Kind Regards, Sheri
Back to top Go down
belladingo
belladingo

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-01

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 8:11 am

Hi there Queenie,
Im from the country well sort of Bunbury area lol but still not the city and I'm having Jon Armstrong do my op on Feb 15th, I am using private health for payment though. In terms of how many appointments you need well I had my initial appointment to find about it, then one with Laura the dietician, I then have another with Jon next week and one with the anaethatist then the op so thats 4 altogether then after op I think u have one or two so its not a whole lot of appointments really. They are lovely there and if your from the country will try and accommodate you with the best suited appointment to you. Where exactly r u from? Cheers Trish
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 6:19 am

Hiiiii
I am looking into Jon Armstrong also.
I am looking to pay for the op myself (using super *fingerscrossed*)

I am looking for anyone from the country who used him?
Anyone else pay for it themselves (ie no PHI)?
People who used him for sleeve alone, how long was hospy stay?
How many appointments I need before I get surgery?
Thanks xo
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-07-06

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 9:21 am

I had bloods taken as well as a couple of barium swallows.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 10:29 pm

I only had to have a blood test also. The sleep doctor only asked for the 'Gap' payment as I am in PHI, whcih was $751; ask him.
Back to top Go down
Bisho
Bisho

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-12-22

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 12:00 pm

hi guys
which test does dr, Jon ask you to do ?
because i just did blood test but no x-rays is that normal?
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 3:46 pm

I've no idea, sorry.

I wasn't out of pocket anything for my hospital stay. My PHI covered it all.
Back to top Go down
Bisho
Bisho

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 3:18 pm

MrsSea
thank you
i'm hopeless DR Jon Armstrong 697586
but what about the hospital?
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 12:58 pm

You'll need to pay all of it before the op.
I only know this because I know someone who wanted to pay two payments and was told no.
Back to top Go down
Bisho
Bisho

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 12:49 pm

Thank you

But do I need to pay one payment for the hospital fees?? Or I can make it 2
Because my insurance does not cover 100% because it private hospital (SJGH),I don't know what to do ??
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:11 am

Bisho you would need to speak to Penny at Dr Jon Armstrong's rooms to see if you can pay your bill in 2 payments.... good luck!
Back to top Go down
Bisho
Bisho

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:41 am

Hi guys

Please help me

Dr John don’t accept my guarantee letter from the insurance which is (OSHC) and I am overseas student, I cannot pay $4800 my operation on 1st of February 2011

So do you think is it possible to pay$ 2400 on 21of January

And $2400 in February

Because also I have to pay $2100 for Anesthetists' fee

Sorry if you I can't explain my idea

Because my English it is not good.
thank you
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 2:50 am

GJ (Gorgeous Jon) did my sleeve on Tuesday. I've loved this man for 3 years.

he took out my gall bladder in 2007. then put in my band in 2007.
I saw him pretty consistently with the stupid band. He was never annoyed at me. Would always meet me out of hours to remove fill if needed.
he even gave me his mobile number - should I need to use it.
He eventually took my band out due to a chronic slip in July this year. And just sleeved me the other day.
He is very cautious. He's never had a leak. He told me if he got in there and it wasn't good to go, he wouldn't do it. As it stood it took 3 hours of me being on the table, the staples wouldnt go through the scarring of the band and he had to double stitch me. he sent me for a leak test and all was good.
He has always treated me with compassion and grace, I couldn't speak of this man highly enough.
He does such amazing work for us fatties. He works so tirelessly. Hospital rounds before 8am every morning, surgeries, in office consults. His wife must be super understanding.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:00 am

woo hoo another Jon Armstrong fan.... he is fabulous....can't rave enough about him!
Back to top Go down
Tanikaye
Tanikaye

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-26

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:36 am

Dr Jon Armstrong is an AMAZING surgeon! I was lucky enough to have him for my band AND sleeve.

He is very compassionate, supportive and very keen to help you. I highly recommend him :)
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss
MrsSea

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptySat 09 Oct 2010, 3:32 am

Another Gorgeous Jon addict here.

He's taken out my gall bladder.
Given me a band, taken out a band and now about to sleeve me.

Love him.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 1:35 am

Hi Chrysalis,,,

You might want to PM maria (mapmar)...she had Jon Armstrong as her surgeon and believe he is the best in Perth...she highly highly recommends him.

S
Back to top Go down
geminiruby
geminiruby

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-15

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 11:29 pm

Thank you for the information Mapmar. This surgery was something I have been seriously contemplating due to all the excess tummy skin. Great to know we have a fantastic surgeon to perform it in the west. I will be saving up for this op for sure.
DR Jon Armstrong 446871
Cheers,
Kris
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 7:39 am

Okay more info! Jon will do tummy tucks on ANYONE!!!

ESTIMATED Costs:

$3500 - Jon's fees including assistant fee - $2000 - out of pocket
$60 - support garment fee

Added costs - Anaesthetist and gap payment for hospital if you have any.

Item number: 30177 - please ring your own private health insurer to discuss BED AND THEATRE FEE for this particular item number.

1 - 5 days in hospital
2 - 3hr operation
Can return to work 7 days if able.
No heavy lifting for 4 weeks
Possibly go home with 2 drains - ?2 post op visits - 1st check wound and possible 1 drain out or both at first visit.
Surgery performed at Hollywood and SJOG Subiaco.
Back to top Go down

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:58 pm

I was sleeved just four days ago by Jon.
He is amazing.
His whole team are brilliant people. I have never felt judged by any of them - Laura, Penny, Dr Paul Swan or Jon.
I had a hernia up under my diaphragm which we didn't know about, but he repaired it for me at the same time as he did the sleeve & so far I've had very little nausea & no reflux. The only pain I've had really is from the hernia - I think.
I didn't bother meeting any other surgeons. One of my best friends put me onto Jon & when I went to my GP she had a sleeve done by Jon, so he was the only choice.
As far as I'm concerned, the best choice.

I would whole heartidly recommend him to anyone.

Maria, I would love to know more about Jon & his tummy tucks. If you get any more info could you please pass it on? Thanks :)

For the record, SJOG Subiaco & the nursing staff were 100% fantastic. I can't thank them enough for the care they gave me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DR Jon Armstrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: DR Jon Armstrong   DR Jon Armstrong Empty

Back to top Go down

DR Jon Armstrong
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next