mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

optifast type of drinks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: optifast type of drinks   optifast type of drinks - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

I apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously... I did have a look and couldn't find anything....

I have tried over the years many of the "diet" replacement meal drinks and haven't been able to tolerate them.... lots of gas and diarrhoea from them. Has anyone else had these problems and if so, what have you drunk as liquids after your sleeve operation.... I know I can have..

yoghurt, very thin soup, thin custard (looking forward to that!), jelly.....

I am sure that my surgeon will give me a list.... but am worried because I can't tolerate/don't like the optifast etc that I am going to be a bit restricted on liquids.... unless I am concerned about nothing....HEHEHEHE
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: optifast type of drinks   optifast type of drinks - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 1:22 pm

First things first are you actually lactose intolerant or does your body just lie to you in order to get fed ? HUGE difference here. Quiet a number of people suffer nasty ikkky thinks on liquid diets because their body lies to them in order to get fed. If this is you the chances are you will not have such an reaction after surgery. You will just be having such tiny amounts siped very slowely. I would not worry about it and grab some tony ferguson , most people prefer this, tho I find it to sweet. Or some upngoes from the supermarket. I had eggnog as I like that. Again you are talking a week or 2 at most before you move on. So if it is chocmilk for you for a few days you will NOT die from malnurisment in that time span. Getting your panties all in a twist over not getting protien or healthy food into you is just rubbish when it is a matter of days. What goes down the easiest and stays down is the best choice for you. When you know liquids are going down and staying down then try to move to the healthy choices, but if they make you gag wait a few more days and try again.

If you really are lactose intolerant, as in you can not eat icecream or have milk in your coffee then you can get special ones for those who are lactose intolerant. Ask at your pharmacy for them. The range in taste etc will not be great tho.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: optifast type of drinks   optifast type of drinks - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 10:51 am

I apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously... I did have a look and couldn't find anything....

I have tried over the years many of the "diet" replacement meal drinks and haven't been able to tolerate them.... lots of gas and diarrhoea from them. Has anyone else had these problems and if so, what have you drunk as liquids after your sleeve operation.... I know I can have..

yoghurt, very thin soup, thin custard (looking forward to that!), jelly.....

I am sure that my surgeon will give me a list.... but am worried because I can't tolerate/don't like the optifast etc that I am going to be a bit restricted on liquids.... unless I am concerned about nothing....HEHEHEHE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: optifast type of drinks   optifast type of drinks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

optifast type of drinks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2