6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moto Moto
Moto Moto

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-04-19

someone help with food and drinks please Empty
PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

killerbabe82 wrote:
thanks guys, also what is the max calorie intake we should be having per day?

Just remember, anything below your basal metabolic rate = weight loss. Check here for a rough idea of your BMR: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/metric-bmr-calculator.php

Still the lower your intake, the faster your loss... I'm only 7 days post op and putting as much calorie goodness into myself as possible!
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

I have been told 900 to 1100 calories. I'm sure it will differ between people though. I'm just under three weeks out and am still only having about 500 - 600 calories per day. I'm still building up to it!
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 8:56 am

thanks guys, also what is the max calorie intake we should be having per day?
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

hi,
Icy blocks saved my life in the 1st 6 weeks or so. You can buy low cal or make your own with diet cordial or fresh fruit.
Hope this helps
Suzie
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 8:28 am

Check out the post op recipes - there's heaps of info that will help you out.
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 7:27 am

Perhaps mix some apple juice with water - if your calorie intake is too low, you won't lose weight anyway. I am not a juice drinker but I drank juices until I could move onto thicker liquids. I never went over my daily calorie intake, not by a long shot!

Harris Farms have a low joule coconut icy pole - but again, don't worry about calories at this stage! for the first 5 weeks, I was very much a juice mixed with water, yoghurt and icy pole girl. I found out I love soups and still use them now (six months out) when I'm having a "my tummy just wants to play with it's food" day.
someone help with food and drinks please 314562
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 6:26 am

hi i am 5 weeks and 2 days post op, i am struggling with foods and drinks, i am getting sick of drinking coridial, water is still hard to drink, i cant drink anything milky as it makes me sick, and i am trying to stay away from juice to lower calorie intake, so does anyone have any advice on differnt cold drinks to have for some variety?

also i have tried chickem, mince, and heaps more that are on my allowed list ect and it makes me feel horrible and some times vomit, i am living off bannas, cruskets with philly and smoked salmon, ham or anchovette paste, and its getting to a point to where i just want something differnt thats low fat but wont make me sick. can anyone help with what they are eating, things that are light, low fat as my tummy is taking longer to eat normal than others.

i really thought it would be alot easier than this now at 5 weeks but still finding it hard, some days i am so tired and lathargic from lack of good foods i think. my starting weight was 167kgs and i am now 151.6kgs so i am very happy with that but it would be nice to feel normal again.

oh and does anyone have any recipies to make low kj icy poles as when i am feeling auful i have a tropical frosty fruit icy pole and it helps make me feel better, i was wondering if there is a way to make them myself very low sugar/fat ect.
thankyou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone help with food and drinks please   someone help with food and drinks please Empty

Back to top Go down

someone help with food and drinks please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: