krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptySat 23 Apr 2016, 12:23 am

Hi Oopy,

thank you for sharing your experience.

You have done really well, Congratulations!

Staying away from daily weigh-ins is important. One per week is recommended.

At the stage you are on, I had mainly 1/2 cup of yoghurt with pureed fruit, such as pears, bananas or paw paw.

I looked on the Optifast calorie count yesterday, as I added it to MyFitnessPal, and noticed it had loads more calories than the yoghurt breakfast.
So, I now only use Optifast if I am rushing.

For me, the yoghurt or egg with cheese sauce breakfast is more satisfying with lot less calories than Optifast shake.

My dietician told me that losing 1-2 kg per week is normal, and is a good, healthy loss for me.

Stalls will come and go, but expectations are a killer ....
It is a leaning curve

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Oopy
Oopy

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-02-04

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016, 6:27 am

Hi,

I'm three weeks post op and am going through my first stall. 
My first Stall 878453 

I was 108kg 19/03/2016, got to 103kg on day of op (31/03/2016), down to 95.5kg on 11/04/2016 at my 10 day post op meeting with surgeon and dietician.  I haven't changed since 11/04/2016 because I went onto mushy foods.

I'm having an Optifast shake for breakfast, can have scrambled/poached eggs and microwaved veges and fish.  Meats need to be really minced (like the contents of a 4n20 pie) but anything else (even cut very small and poached in soup) just sits in my chest. 

I'm still having a medium latte each day ... maybe I should stop, if only to see what the difference could be.

I'm walking 5km a day - my little dog loves it and we're both sleeping so well - but I know this stall is my body's way of adjusting.

I'm staying away from dairy based drinks/puddings/custards/ice cream/chocolate because I have a killer sweet tooth.  I find Bulla frozen probiotic yoghurt on sticks so easy to consume.

I'm also staying away from the scales - immediately post op I was weighing daily to prove to myself that I was losing 1kg per day.  Now I do weekly weigh ins (more realistic and less likely to make me frown).

I suppose I'm trying to say everyone will have the same destination (loose weight) but take a different path - some will loose fast and soon, others will loose slower and over more time. 

My first Stall 63412

I'm just pleased I can read everyone's input and take it all in.  I'm gradually learning to take myself easier, not be so harsh and expect I'll have good and bad days.
My first Stall 618285
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm

aussiearies,

thank you also.

I am now accepting that this is a normal occurrence, and it will keep happening.

I guess that with the smaller but steady losses, it could be good for the body to get used to it, and perhaps help with the possible saggy skin later.

Congratulations on your awesome result!

Yes, I was down, and I wasn't hungry, had head/emotions hunger instead.

Well, I did pay for that chocolate and ice-cream! My body complained with a bout of a nasty Acid Reflux. It was really bad, and reminded me to stay on track!

I definitely don't want to go back to bad habits.

Happened once, and yes, I was disappointed, then felt guilty and scared afterwards.
No more! Hopefully lesson learnt.

I'll keep going, onward and forward.
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 3:12 pm

Hi Fat-to-Fit,

I am in my 6th week post op.
Lost 8.5 kg, 32.5 kg to go.

Congratulations on your fabulous progress! Well done!

Yes, I was feeling bit down couple of days ago, and then bounced back.
Knowing that I am not the only one, really helps.

Yes, this was mentioned to me both pre op and post op.

I guess I was hoping this would not happen to me ..... LOL

Now, I know this is just another stepping stone in this journey      :)
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

Krakow I had stalls along the way as well. I also never had big losses apart perhaps from the first week. I have had small but steady losses, some increases and then losses again.

While it is disappointing sometimes to not see big losses this will happen for you. I have lost over 70kg with 50kg being after the surgery so I know it works.

However it has taken a long time and I am now trying to remain at a stable weight without worrying about losing any more for the moment.

It may take time but keep plugging on and don't let disappointment send you for chocolate or ice cream as that will have you putting weight on and get you into a vicious cycle. I know because that is where I am at the moment, so I understand the pull of emotional eating.
Back to top Go down
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture
Fat-to-Fit

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2016-01-05

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 1:01 pm

Hi krakow, I think if you read the diaries of other sleevers on here, I think you'll find pretty much everyone has had one or more stalls along the way, so I wouldn't stress :-) . How far post op are you, and how much of your weight have you lost & have left to lose ? I'm 5 months out, and a few weeks ago I put ON 200gm, and last week I stayed the same. If I look at the overall picture, though, I've still lost 27 kg (100 % of my excess weight) so now that I'm getting down to where I should be, I knwow it will drastically slow down, and also occasionally stall. Increasing protein & lowering carbs is a great strategy .
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: My first Stall   My first Stall EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 3:00 am

After the initial weight loss post op, I experienced the first stall.

I think it started in week 3, so for 2 weeks plus, there was nothing.
I didn't gain any weight, and I didn't lose any weight.

I actually refused to step on my scales, as my look in the mirror showed me no change.

During the past 2 weeks I was able to do some exercise, mainly some walking and dancing (at home My first Stall Smile )

I was also getting very hungry (puree and then soft food phase).
Was told by my Dietician to increase my proteins. Still was hungry ... ! Every 2 hours or so ...

I also had a couple of bad days, physically and emotionally.
I caved in and had some chocolate and ice-cream, and I paid for it by an attack of horrible Acid Reflux.
Did not exercise for few days, slept badly.

Today, I finally had the courage to weigh myself ......
And, I lost some weight, YAY!     :)

OK, little loss, from 93.1 kg to 92.5 kg ..... however I haven't gained, thank goodness !

I have been reading up on stall information, and watching YouTube videos on WLS, stalls, weight issues post op, etc
Found some fantastic videos from Dr. Matthew Weiner, and I have saved many of them.

So, slow but steady .....

Who else has experienced Weight Stalls post surgery? 

I know these stalls can keep happening, so I am interested in hearing from others, whether recent or past Stalls.

Thank you.

PS. I am stepping up my proteins, and lowering carbs for now, as per my Dietician's instructions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first Stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Stall   My first Stall Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Stall
Page 1 of 1