7 posters
AuthorMessage
emmabear
emmabear

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2014-10-28

Aaaaaaaaand.....stall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 12:09 am

Thanks guys! 

I love looking at everyone's weight loss countdown in their signature blocks. Its so motivating and inspiring!

Emma
Back to top Go down
montemoo01
montemoo01

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySun 04 Jan 2015, 11:54 pm

Yay!!  Good stuff  :-)
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySun 04 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm

Whoooohoooooo!!! Congrats :)
Back to top Go down
emmabear
emmabear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySun 04 Jan 2015, 11:28 pm

And on the 17th day...the scales moved! 115.7

I wasn't expecting them to as my period is due in a few days and I thought I'd put on fluid weight if anything. 

I did make an effort a couple of days ago to start tracking my food intake and ate some high calorie food (half a meat pie) to see if that helped bump things along. 

Hopefully this is the end of the stall....fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
montemoo01
montemoo01

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 8:18 am

Hi All - i was sleeved on 14 November and stalled after about 8 days!  It lasted about a week (longest week ever!!). Since then i've also gained weight twice and stalled again...only gained about 400g each time but still - what a shock that was!  I'm plodding along, i am having trouble eating much of anything so protein is almost non-existent at this stage. I'm trying to focus on just getting solids down regardless (within reason) of what they are. 

I agree with below - we didn't put the weight on overnight so it'll take a while to lose it.... :-)
Back to top Go down
jikey

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 7:00 am

Thanks for the post. I too was done in December and am 12 days post op. I lost 10 before op and 5 after it, but have had a couple of days at 115 and was beginning to wonder why until I saw this.
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: wow   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 5:29 am

Wow Jojomojo that is excellent progress you did so well :)
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 4:33 am

Stalls are so frustrating hey :) i stalled all the way! 140, 130, 120, 110, 100, 90, 80 and i am the future you getting to say i am only 3kg from goal.... It will happen , keep up the good work and this year will be amazing as you move through your weight loss :)
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Lots of stalls   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 1:38 am

Speaking for myself - I have experienced constant stalls - sleeved in September the weight fell off me for a while but I have had several stalls since then, I try not to weigh myself more than once a week. You will lose the weight you cannot not lose the weight, don't drive yourself crazy.
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 12:25 am

I've stalled a couple of times but then literally overnight there'll be a 1.5kg loss. I'm really trying not to get hung up on the numbers as I was driving myself a bit bonkers and, like you, kept convincing myself my sleeve wasn't working. But it is and will continue to as long as I keep doing the next right thing. Try not to stress sweetheart, it's all going to be great!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptyFri 02 Jan 2015, 10:58 pm

I just looked up my records and i see i stalled at your exact weight... thought those scales were never going to move, but guess what, they did, then stalled again at 105.6 now im under 100 and 116.1 and 105.6 seem sooooo long ago.
The weight will come off, why? ?? Cos! It just will, thats why. Emmy We didnt put all our weight on overnight, so it wont come off overnight.
Be patient and just enjoy the ride.
Life is great
Back to top Go down
emmabear
emmabear

Female

PostSubject: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall EmptyFri 02 Jan 2015, 8:56 pm

Hi everyone, 

This forum is fantastic, so I've decided to post my frustrations and hope that many of you out there will have been through something similar, and I'll know this is 'normal'. 

So...I've lost around 10kgs. 5ish on opti and 5ish in the 10 days following surgery. Then it stopped. And hasn't moved for...2 weeks. 

Damn 116.1....the scale never moves! I even weighed myself holding a bowl of water yesterday just so I knew the scales weren't broken and only reading 116.1.  

I know logically this is a stall. Its even at the post surgery point that people say stalls are common. But to stall 10 days after surgery is pretty hard. 

There is a niggling thought in the back of my head that this won't work and my sleeve is broken. And then I eat a scrambled egg and feel stuffed full by the end of it and tell myself to get a grip. If I'm full after 1 egg...its not broken! I know this but damn its hard. 

I've done my measurements and they have gone down. My clothes feel better/looser. All the good things. I just want the scales to budge. 

If I could do my time again, I'm not sure I'd choose December to be sleeved as its frustrating not having my surgeons offices open to be able to talk to the dietitian about this. They don't reopen for another week and I'm not sure if he will be back at work then, hopefully he will. 

Did you stall and how long did your stall last? 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaaaaaand.....stall   Aaaaaaaaand.....stall Empty

Back to top Go down

Aaaaaaaaand.....stall
Page 1 of 1