Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sleeved32

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-03

3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry???   3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry??? EmptyMon 03 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

Thanks Tara...I have not thought of reflux at all!!...I had not been taking my script because I have just not had any symptoms of reflux (although my surgeon did advise I take them anyway..I have been naughty and not taken them)

I will get right on to it and see how I go ..otherwise im worried im going to gain what I have lost to date!!

Thanks again

Ilky
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry???   3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry??? EmptyMon 03 Feb 2014, 11:04 am

Hiya Sleeved,

Welcome to the forum !!

I had exactly the same thing which made NO sense cos I'd be starving (that gnawing in the bottom of your stomach) a very short time after having eaten - so I knew it could not be real hunger and it certainly wasn't head hunger.

"Reflux" can present as hunger especially in the early days. 

I was already taking Pariet but switched over to Nexium 40mg and the symptoms were gone after about 3 days (yay.)

Have a chat to your Surgeon or GP about a Script (sooner rather than later - cos it's an AWFUL feeling.)

And of course make sure you are keeping your fluids up as dehydration can also mask itself as hunger.

Let us know how you go.

Tara
Back to top Go down
sleeved32

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-03

PostSubject: 3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry???   3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry??? EmptyMon 03 Feb 2014, 10:42 am

Hi there, 

I am only 3-4 weeks post op after having the gastric sleeve and today is the first day I am feeling hungry...but not a little hunger...I just feel like I have been starvingggg all day...and obviously I dont want to over eat or eat naughty things..

can anyone relate??? any tips??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry???   3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry??? Empty

Back to top Go down

3-4 weeks post sleeve and hungry???
Page 1 of 1