Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.

Go down 
+4
Puppyweeble
TraceyD
chrisbychic
Tash
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

I am finally below 90 and am now 89.8 kgs. It has been a long time coming. Using some optislim has really helped me get a grip. My appetite has reduced quite a bit and I have stopped grazing. I usually have optislim for breakfast and sometimes for lunch but if I am hungry I eat something but make sure it is nutritious and occasionally have a biccy. This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs instead as I was really wanting it. My weight loss is still really slow but at least it is moving again.
Aswan as Puppyweeble says At least you are having a healthy diet. In the scheme of things it is not a lot compared to what we used to eat. Maybe our bodies are resistant to change. I am sure we will get there in the end.
Hey Puppyweeble. Not sure what you are eating but maybe you need to experiment with a few different methods to see what works. My mum is staying with me for the week and she is a biscuit pusher. Sometimes it is hard to resist. But I haven't had very many so I am doing well.
Take care.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
Puppyweeble

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Hi newbie, glad to read your post.
Not sure what is going on with me. At least you are eating in protien and veges. I actually can't remember the last time I ate a vegetable! I live on cruskits and sweet biscuits! One of my work collegues even said they weren't sure my cruskit diet was very nutritious!
I am still struggling some days I am sure I rebel and eat like I use to (or at least try to).
Weight is the same stuck at 10 kilos. May be the first sleeve fail!
really not sure of what to do next. I paid about 7000 dollars to lose 10 kilos!
Not sure that is a good investment.
if you work out how to get a grip,please let me know!
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Glad I read this thread.

I'm 6 and a half weeks out and have discovered, in the past week, that I can also eat anything!

However, today I have been really horrendous and carbed out.

Breakfast - 25gms Force flakes, 100 mls skimmed milk, 6 prunes

Mid morn - 1 small skinny cappucino

Lunch - 125gms steams salmon, 1 Crackbread (like a Cruskit), 3 small tomatoes

Mid after - 1 Fat free yoghurt (90kCals)

2 hours later - 4 chocolate coverd caramels,1 small skinny cappucino

Dinner - 3 tblsns minced steak, 1 tblspn mashed potato, 3 carrots, 1 tblspn peas

2 hrs later - 2 slices low cal bread (toasted) with a squashy fig on top.

I have been totally obsessed with food today.8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  595690 Need to get a grip!
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 6:27 am

Tash... I thought I wasn't loosing any weight either, but had lost inches instead of weight! I cac't eat bread, and up until a few days ago, i can't eat toast either! They both come back up again... Although I'm eating a bit of pasta and rice but not much at all!!!!
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Puppyweeble, don't worry about your rate of loss. You are doing really well! You are almost halfway to goal. Remember that people who have more to lose do so at a faster rate than those who have less. Keep up the good work :)
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

Tash,

You could maybe try Optifast for a week and try your hardest to stick to it. It might just be a little kick along that your body needs to keep going.

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

Hi Puppyweeble. Oh I was just coasting along and not losing anything. Yes I realised I was grazing and just eating whatever I wanted to without much thought. So I decided to stop grazing and bring some consciousness to my eating process. Get back to the basics. I have finally had a loss again this week after quite a while so the effort I am making is paying off at last. Also as we have less to lose it gets a little harder and slower too.
Good Luck.
PS I have started using my portion perfection plates at last. They were just sitting in my cupboard looking shiny and new. They are actually quite helpful. Silly me.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
Puppyweeble

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

Hi Tash I was sleeved on the 10th June. I have lost about 10kgs which judging from the forum is really slow. A kilo a week!
I can now also eat anything, not masses of it but too much I think.
I feel really scared that I have been through all of this to lose only 10 kilos!
Is a worrying time for me because I have 15 more to go.
Not sure what I should do now.
I see myself slipping back into old habits. Today I ate toast after work, not as much as I used to but I still ate it!
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 2:00 am

TraceyD Hi. Well I am not very consistent with my food but bread I can't eat as much. Half a sandwich too. I sometimes have two scrambled eggs plus one toast without crusts for breakfast. I have one or two skinny caps a day. But I often cook curries for hubby and caseroles and can have a cup and a half at times. Then an hour or two later am crunching on cruskits with avocado or cashew nut spread. I have been munching on Weight watchers friut slice biscuits. It just feels like I am eating quite a lot. I probably need to start writing down what I am eating and bringing some consciousness to the process. I am have been just eating whenever I feel like it. I think I can see where I am going wrong and just need to put some effort it.
I still have a "fat head" I think.
Thanks for the input.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 2:57 am

Tash, I thought I had gained weight also but my dietician said it was just fluid retention, and she was right.
What is your meal size? I can only eat say half a sandwich. Can you eat a full one etc?
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 2:19 am

Oh Thanks Chris. I think I have been a little complacent up till now and this small gain may shock me back into action. Time to put in a little more effort and get back to basics with my diet. Been grazing a bit.
I probably need to be a bit more proactive with portion sizes too.
Thanks again.
Tash xxx
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

Hey Tash
What do you mean by "quite a lot"?
Everyone heals at different rates, and it's not the first time I've heard someone say that they can eat anything at your stage, so don't stress. It's not a bad thing!
Don't forget that stalls are common. Just keep on doing all the right things and you'll start losing again. But it also depends on how much you had to lose at the start - it seems like the less you have to lose, the slower the progress.
And measure - lots of times it's during these stalls that you lose inches rather than weight.
But if you can add some exercise, that's also a good thing - will help things along, and might even make you feel better!
Good luck, and big hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

Well I am nearly 8 weeks post sleeve and I have had very little problems at all which I am happy about but I can eat nearly anything now and can eat quite a lot. Of course it is not as much as before but still it seems to be so different to others experience at this stage. I feel that I will have to really start to work hard at diet and exercise to keep losing weight. The first 15 kilos came off fairly quickly but now I have lost very little for the past 3 weeks or so. I even put on half a kilo this week. I have arthritis so don't do a lot of extra exercise but I think I will start to try to at least get on the treadmill sometimes. I am just worried that maybe this is as good as it gets for me. Hopefully not. Dr Taylor did say he uses the smallest bougie for his sleeve surgery too. ???
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.    8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.  Empty

Back to top Go down

8 weeks post sleeve and I can eat a lot and nearly anything.
Page 1 of 1