5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptySun 25 Jan 2009, 7:35 am

Horseapplerancher,
I don't have a surgery date yet. I have done everything asked to do to prepare to see the surgeon according to the surgeon's checklist to date. I am sure he will probably come up with some more items, but have been through the mill with seeing so many docs and tests, so I can't imagine how much more, I have to do before surgery. My clinic visit is Feb 3rd, 2009 and I have passed all the tests to date, so anticipate a whoahoooo, let's go!
Oma
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 4:33 am

thats great Oma we can't wait to see you on the other side as well.
When is your surgery date?

My Dear, I look forward to the day daily it has consumed my every thought.

kiss
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 11:43 pm

My Dear,
I have been eating vegan, can do 10 days, then need some protein. But it helps to learn to enjoy the simple tastes, so I look forward to WLS and just eating small portions of things, but enjoying all types of foods, just tinier portions. so for now, just keep preparing myself to meet with the surgeon on the on Feb 3rd. I worry a snow storm will come and keep me away. I have waited so long for this opportunity. I have jumped through hoops to get to the surgeon. Only a Cardio test, psych eval and last nutritionist (6 month monitoring) and then the surgeon. So almost there!
Oma
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-12-03

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: hi horseapplerancher & oma   5 weeks post-op EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 12:21 pm

H.A.R. i wish you all the best on your up coming surgery. remember to stick to the food plan and take one day at a time. you'll be fine & we will be right here with you.

thank you oma, i love everything about food, lol. and i've spent alot of time thinking about cooking shopping, smelling, & tasteing food. so i really miss it all. but, i'm learning that all is not lost. that i had been limiting myself and that i coulds still enjoy everything about food, just in a more healthy way.

the surgery has helped me slow down and enjoy what i'm putting in my mouth, to shop for the best, to cook with patience and not smother my food with fats, salt, flour, or some others kind of topping that only adds cals and really takes away from the original taste of the food.

it's a process, but well worth the sacrifice. in the end i'm still going to love food and not get fat from it.

thank again, mydear
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 5:10 am

My Dear, you are doing great, keep on keeping on. Do you miss eating favorites? You said you keep planning meals in your head. Do those meals include things you look forward to eating or things you wish you could eat now instead of what you can eat right now? It sounds like you are doing great to me!
Oma
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 5:08 am

Horseapplerancher,
I hope to be right there with you.
Good luck,
Oma
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 10:58 pm

congrats mydear your doing great 40 lbs WOW!!!! your doing great. I'm up on feb 12th I hope to have your numbers.
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: thanks lou and steph   5 weeks post-op EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 1:37 pm

i know your both right, and that i should see not having an appetite as a blessing.

i guess i'm still in mourning for the lost of my old friend, (the hunger).
i'm just not use to not wanting to eat.
before surgery that was a sign that something was wrong with me, LOL.
it's a whole new ball game now, and i have to adjust to the new rule: that not wanting to eat all the time, is a good thing.
now, if i can find a way to stop my mind from planning these elabrate meals all the time,
maybe i could learn to appreicate not being hungrey.

thanks so much for helping me make the adjustments that i need to make, so this time it works 5 weeks post-op 65317
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 8:09 am

my dear I wouldn't worry that you're not eating very much. At 5 weeks I wasn't eating as much as you are now and still at 3 months I could hardly eat anything. As far as the appetite goes that's quite normal. Most of us will find that at your stage we had to remind ourselves to eat. I am 6 months on now and sometimes still have to make myself eat because it's that time of day.

steph
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 12:21 am

And the bad news is?

mydear, you're doing great! All that you have described is normal for us post-op folks. I've been going by the clock to take in food as, like you, the appetite feeling simply is not there. I believe it's because the portion of the stomach that produces the ghrelin hormone is gone, or it's a mental thing, who knows? I'm told that it (appetite) will return someday in some form. If and when that day comes, I just hope that I have disciplined myself to take things in moderation (and after I've hit my goal weight!). Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the taste and texture of what I'm eating and I'm enjoying the "honeymoon" of the weight loss. Hope you are, too.

5 weeks post-op 276367
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 2:55 pm

hi good morning all

i'm 5 weeks out, the time has gone by so fast & i lost 40 pounds so far. so i'm very pleased with how things have been going.

okay that's the good news.

now i have to mention that i'm really not eating very much.

i have a protein shake early in the morning with my meds.
then i have a large cup of tea that i nurse for about an hour to an hour and a half.
for lunch i have soup but mostly i eat the small chucks of meat and a small amount of the veggies mashed.
then i might have a cup of skim plus w/ fruit smoothie or yogurt w/ sl fruit.
more tea in the late afternoon.
for dinner it's more meat and veggie soup of some kind.
and a couple of ice pops before bed or more tea.

really at this point i don't have much of an appetite. and i have to make myself eat something and drink during the day.

with all that said, i'm fine and can't wait until it gets warm so i can start going out this house..... Raining loce

mydear

Last edited by mydear on Fri 23 Jan 2009, 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 weeks post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post-op   5 weeks post-op Empty

Back to top Go down

5 weeks post-op
Page 1 of 1