3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jannie G
Jannie G

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-10-30

6 weeks post op and still can not eat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post op and still can not eat   6 weeks post op and still can not eat EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

You poor thing, I think the best thing to do is contact your surgeon. At least he has the knowledge and experience to help you. Weight stall is common around the 3 weeks I think its because the body goes into starvation mode and hangs on to everything until it sorts itself out. If your not able to eat then its deffinately going to happen to you. Give him a call.

I hope you get this sorted please keep us posted.. Good luck 6 weeks post op and still can not eat 217555
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post op and still can not eat   6 weeks post op and still can not eat EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

Are you taking reflux & anti-nausea meds? If they are not working (nexium didn't work for me) go back to your Dr who can prescribe something else. I had to take these for the first few weeks and it took me a while to tolerate certain foods.
Vomiting straight away after meals could be from the reflux or another issue which I strongly recommend you get your Doctor to check out ASAP. I had a similar issue after being sleeved (it was picked up 5wks after) and they realised the stomach was kinked so there was no possible way for food or fluids to get in and ended up having emergency bypass.

Good luck and let us know how you go :-)
Back to top Go down
noahsmummy

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: 6 weeks post op and still can not eat   6 weeks post op and still can not eat EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and had my sleeve done on Nov 21. My weight on day of surgery was 145kg. Since having my op, i am down 22kg which i am very happy about but 20 of that was in the first 3.5 weeks. I have had a hard time since the surgery with extreme reflux and not being able to keep anything down except for thin fluids. I vomit instantly after eating anything of substance. I would like to know if anyone else has been through similar. Vomiting, cant eat and still the weight loss has stopped for the last 3 weeks :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post op and still can not eat   6 weeks post op and still can not eat Empty

Back to top Go down

6 weeks post op and still can not eat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: